Sweet Seeds Autos - Sweet Cheese+Sweet Gelato

Woodie2010

22/4. 24 days old Still misting once every 12 hrs with a water/feed of 1.5ml rhizotonic to 1 ltr water (misting only). 600w hps is about 85cm above plants during the day and then raised to about 105cm at night to help with a change in temperature in my grow room, am also hoping raising the lights abit each night will help with abit of stretch. Temps currently between 23-28dc and humidity 50-80%. Lights on 24hrs. The coco at the top of the pots starting to dry slightly so will prob water/feed tomorrow and hope those roots keep filling out the 15ltr pots(3days since last feed) but pots still feel heavy so hoping those roots will reach for the wettest parts of the medium at the bottom. Atm most of these plants are very consistent in their growth, however one of the cheese is starting to stretch so might have a go at Lst.:yep::book:. This sweet seeds grow seems to be going good so far :lucky: I don't know much about PAR or VPD but am trying to stay in the zones for temps/humidity/light distance :yep:

large.IMG_3865.JPGlarge.IMG_3864.JPGlarge.IMG_3861.JPGlarge.IMG_3862.JPG

• Like 6

23/4. 25 days old and have refed them all with about 1.5Ltr water each. Still misting with 1.5ml rhizotonic per ltr. Also tonight after I raised the lights from 80cm to 100cm I sprayed plants with canna cure. Lights 600w Hps 24/7. Tent temps 22-28dc Humidity 50-70% Feed temps 19dc. Nutrients added .25ml cal-mag, .6ml coco A+B, 1ml rhizotonic and .6ml cannazym all per ltr water.

Background Ec=.3 New Ec=.8 Phd to 5.8   When the temps in my tent are on the higher end so is my humidity and when I lower my temps to the lower end of the scale same goes for my humidity all keeping within the ranges of PAR and VPD charts aswell as light distances(although all the charts I have could be bulshit):book:. Also attempting abit of Lst on the tallest plants.    :yep::lucky::skin_up:

large.IMG_3877.JPGlarge.IMG_3874.JPGlarge.IMG_3873.JPGlarge.IMG_3871.JPG

• Like 5

Oh yeah! They are growing healthy and very quickly. :thumsup:

Keep it up! You are doing great. :king:

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

• Like 2

I'm enjoying this one.  It's the first 'Sweet Gelato Auto' diary I've seen.  I've got the same seeds and they're going into the ground in a few weeks so should make a good comparison grow.  I'm using a different style (Batmix with Biobizz nutes and a DIYLEDUK strip kit).  It will be interesting to see how the two styles compare with this strain.  Pulling up a chair.  Good luck :yep:

Edited by JJJ
  • Like 3

Thanks @Sweet Seeds Apolo always good to hear, hopefully it ends aswell as it started :yep:

Thanks @JJJ I hope I can keep these plants going strong so we get a decent comparison grow but ive seen some of your grows and very impressive :yep: so ill do my best in this canna nutes/coco/hps grow so we have a good comparison by the end. Im currently saving for a diyleduk setup cause im moving into a new house around September and its a housing estate so I don't want to be burning to much electricity so am looking forward to your grow bud :yep: 

I don't know if ya have tried sweet seeds devil cream auto, I just finished a grow of it a few weeks ago and my god the taste is crazy, every toke off a joint leaves a flavour/taste in your mouth which im not used to on the average weed I smoke.large.IMG_3749.JPG

• Like 6

Thanks @Serpent to be honest im definitely feeling the insecurity of growing in a competition, but for some free beans I took the risk of embarrassing myself lol thankfully grow is going well so far :lucky::yep: and cant thank sweet seeds enough for the seeds. Am obviously following some other grow diaries and theres a lot of impressive grows going on atm your killer kush for instance is something id like to get my hands on :skin_up: and the way ya can describe your smoke report is out of my league quite yet :yep: and how is everyone like a professional photographer and pro weed grower? :sweaty:lol some of the pictures are absolutely stunning in your diary (mouth wateringly good) :thumsup:

• Like 3

26/4. 28daysold(above soil). I have fed them all about 2.5ltr feed/water. 

Lights 600w Hps 24/7. Tent temps 22-28dc Humidity 40-61% Feed temps 20dc. Nutrients added .25ml cal-mag, .7ml coco A+B, .6ml rhizotonic and .7ml cannazym all per ltr water.

Background Ec=.3 New Ec=.9 Phd to 5.8. Light distance is about 29inches on the sweet gelato and about 35 inches on the sweet cheese cause I have some plants that are still finishing so I have to have the light abit higher my lights are air cooled so may lower them more when I can. Sweet cheese is definitely looking abit taller than the gelato. The plant pots are starting to dry quicker so will gradually start feeding them sooner till I put the gravity fed autopot system on. I have ordered a airpump and 8 manifold splitter and am gonna try directly feed air into my autopot reservoirs and just use the circulating pump in my main tank reservoir. Still attempting abit of Lst and tucking fan leaves :yep::skin_up::lucky:

Pic #1 is Sweet Gelato(blue tags)    Pic#2 is Sweet Cheese(yellow tags)

large.IMG_3889.JPGlarge.IMG_3888.JPGlarge.IMG_3887.JPGlarge.IMG_3886.jpglarge.IMG_3885.JPG

• Like 4

28/4 = 30 days old. All my cheeses have being showing some slight burnt tips, so I gave them a flush of about 8-10 ltr of water each and Ph'd to 6.0. I checked the run off and the Ec has gone back down to my background Ec but my Ph seems to still be reading 6.4 on all 4xcheese plants which I cant fully understand. After 8-10 ltr of water I assumed it would have to read a Ph run off of 6.0 but its still a 6.4 :wallbash: 

My medium is this and added clay pebbles at the bottom of each pot and ive not used this medium before so not sure if it is regulating my Ph to 6.4large.IMG_3809.JPG

My sweet gelato has no real signs of burnt tips so later today I will feed them as normal without a flush and I will also refeed the cheese after their flush today. I noticed some nice white roots at the bottom of the cheese pots so will start using gravity auto feed soon.

• Like 3

28/4 still 30 days old but have just refed all plants with .25ml Cal-mag, .60ml CocoA+B, .25ml Rhizo and .60ml Cannazym all per Ltr of water. Background Ec.3 New Ec .8  Ph'd to 5.6 Feed temp 19dc. Tent temp 22-27dc Humidity 45-65%

Top 2 pics are my sweet gelato which got no flush, just a feed of 4Ltr and the run off is Ec 1.0 and Ph 6.2

large.IMG_3899.JPGlarge.IMG_3898.JPG

Bottom 2 pics are my sweet cheese which got a flush earlier due to seeing burnt tips then refed 2Ltr each and run off was Ec .6 and Ph 6.3  One of my cheese plants has 2  shit looking lower fan leaves but I think that was just due to the leaves touching a wet medium.

large.IMG_3897.JPGlarge.IMG_3896.JPG

All tips/advice and opinions Welcome :book::yep::lucky::skin_up: 

• Like 3

30/4. 32 days old and fed and watered with about 1.5-2ltrs each, feed is .25ml calmag, .60ml coco a+b, .25ml rhizo and .60ml cannazym all per ltr water.

Feed temp 20dc, Ec .8, Ph 5.8  Tent temps 21-28dc Lights 24hr Humidity 40-60% 

Sweet Gelatos run off was Ec 1.0 and Ph 6.4

large.IMG_3906.JPGlarge.IMG_3905.JPG

Sweet Cheese run off Ec.6  Ph6.4 (ec is low because I flushed and stupidly forgot to add nutes only used Phd water :wallbash:)

large.IMG_3904.JPGlarge.IMG_3903.JPG

large.IMG_3907.JPGlarge.IMG_3902.JPG

I will start feeding sooner cause I think that will solve the ph problem by having fresh nutes going through the plant more often (im assuming the high ph was down to the coco not getting fresh nutes more often but in lesser quantities) I think im to used to soaking soil and leaving for a few days were as coco it seems is more less quantities more often not saturate and left days to dry out abit.

• Like 6

Thanks for sharing. I'm really interested in the Gelato Auto, it sounds exactly what I'd like.

Your plants are looking good and are a decent size for their age, you are doing a good job keeping the environment nice and your plants like it. It's a shame the shop sent you the wrong medium! You are doing well with it anyway.

You're right, coco needs more frequent watering than soil to keep it constantly moist. If it dries the mineral ions from the nutrients build up and cause problems. I'm not an expert but in my limited experience, now is the perfect time to move to daily waterings, and you will see them explode. Give them feed each time, and water until you get lots of runoff, so you have refreshed the medium from top to bottom.

I'm wondering if you really need the calmag?

Keep up the good work and don't change things too much. :yep:

• Like 3

Thanks @delagdo, and the only reason I can share my diaries is due to learning from the likes of you an many others so thanks right back at ya :yep: am still learning the coco way of growing so thought to add the cal-mag from reading some other grows but to be fair my background Ec is .3 which isn't on the lowest of the scale and my Canna products should work with my background Ec as it is so ill leave the cal-mag out in case its binding some of the nutrients im adding. :yep::lucky: if my sweet grow looks anything like yours or serpents, man ill be in heaven :skin_up::chains:

• Like 1

Well I had ordered 8xair domes a while ago but received them too late to use on this grow so I have put the air pumps to use in a different way for now and am using them for extra oxygen in my autopot reservoir by creating a bubbler. My 2 air pumps connect to 2 plastic splitters and each send air directly to my autopot reservoirs so I have each pump feeding air to x4 reservoirs hoping to keep the feed/water very oxygenated.

large.IMG_3930.JPGlarge.IMG_3929.JPGlarge.IMG_3921.JPGlarge.IMG_3912.JPG

• Like 3