nerve damage

phenom

• 2 months later...
On 14/01/2020 at 10:54 AM, Happyeccentric said:

I got some dinafem CBD seeds to try so I'll report back when I try them out.  I found the ww xxl was great for mood and insomnia and helped a bit with trigeneral nostalgia.   I want something that targets it though.  I think the problem with nerve pain is the meds prescribed for it leave us to zonked to drive, work or have quality of life so I will also be exploring cbd strains 

I have Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia, which is incredibly rare - 1/250,000. Doctors haven't heard of it and trying to get appropriate treatment is a nightmare. I started self medicating with oil infused chocolate cups from a dealer, they were great but the dealer lost the plot and I had to cut him loose. I can't remember the strain but it was an Indica. I then got oil from Blue Cheese, blended with extra virgin coconut oil. I had been on 75mg/day of Amitriptyline, and I got this down to 35mg/day when unexpectedly, my supply dried up with only a few days supply left.
Rather unexpectedly, the neuralgia didn't rear it's ugly head, I'm now in a period of remission, I don't know if the Blue Cheese caused this or if it just happened. What did happen is that over the next two months, I started getting crippling arthritis pain all over my body. It was really distressing, I'm a guitarist and my hands were seizing up and really painful, especially in the mornings. I live one floor up and was reduced to going up and down stairs on my arse, my knees weren't up to it. One of my stoner friends asked was this likely to be connected to the oil running out - I thought it was. He started getting me some green with which he, and laterally I, have been making edibles with. Within 5 days of starting this, I noticed a difference - it really helped with insomnia too, and now, three months later, I'm a different man. Strangely, the green hasn't helped the peripheral neuropathy in my feet. (I'm type 2 diabetic.)
I finished my first grow last week, the rather pathetic looking results are drying, I'll be starting another grow soon, and I'm hoping for much better results. I've learned an awful lot, especially on here. I'll need to change my grow tent peripherals before I start, I bought a kit from a shop - named after the bag sailors carried their kit in.
The tent is good (80x80x180) the supplied light is, I'm told, at 600 watts - far too big for the growing area - it's also an HPS bulb, no wonder my grow struggled. I'm told too that the extractor fan and carbon filter are too small and that I should have another fan drawing clean air in and another fan for shifting air inside the tent.
I'm considering going the L.E.D. route, any advice there is welcome. I haven't smoked cannabis since I chucked the fags 18 years ago, though I'd now consider smoking with a pipe or bong.
Good luck with your grow @Phenom, I hope you get some relief soon.

• Like 4
On 17/10/2020 at 10:04 AM, Budsby said:

@phenom How did you get on?  

Have you tried thc oil for your nerve pain?  I've had constant burning nerve pain for the last 7 years.  24/7 after some of my spinal nerves were grinding against against bone for 3 years & getting my op far too late.  Bedbound, the works.  Agonising muscle spasms that stop me walking far and keep me in pain and twisted up.  It's been relentless and despite being on a ton of opiates nothing worked.  Vaping weed saved my sanity and life and with my stair lift wheelchair and car that can transport it, I have a much better quality of life now.  Even though accepting I'd never know what normal or pain free felt like again.

Then a month ago I started on Twenty21 and tried THC 20:0 oil as a stop gap to getting the bud (which feels like will never happen at this rate but thats another story!).  But the most incredible thing happened.  Despite being at the end of a really bad flair where my back was twisted up, legs tight and in agony, 20 mins after my first dose I realised all my spasms had 100% relaxed.  I stood up and could twist freely (could barely turn before as was in spasm all the way up my spine)  Then I realised for the first time in 7 years I couldn't feel a thing.  Literally nothing.  I burst into tears.  100% barely expected anything to happen apart from maybe a small buzz and it was like a miracle.  Nothing, & I've tried every single drug available on the NHS for pain, has ever done that.  

I discovered I still get breakthrough pain from being a have a go hero because I'm feeling so much better taking it regularly, & vape weed for that.  Together this has meant I've gone from cooking a meal just about killing me and making me feel like I'd pass out with pain, burning up to a hot mess and feeling sick to the point of ruining my appetite, some days even if hanging out of my wheelchair to do it, to a piece of piss most days and can clear up straight afterwards too before feeling the pain and tightness kicking in.  And when it does never to pre oil excruciating burning stinging pain.  Just aching pain.  That's truly life changing.  If you haven't tried it I'd highly recommend it.  

That's a wonderful and most uplifting read. As we say around here, gaun yersel.

• Like 1
On 17/10/2020 at 10:04 AM, Budsby said:

@phenom How did you get on?  

Have you tried thc oil for your nerve pain?  I've had constant burning nerve pain for the last 7 years.  24/7 after some of my spinal nerves were grinding against against bone for 3 years & getting my op far too late.  Bedbound, the works.  Agonising muscle spasms that stop me walking far and keep me in pain and twisted up.  It's been relentless and despite being on a ton of opiates nothing worked.  Vaping weed saved my sanity and life and with my stair lift wheelchair and car that can transport it, I have a much better quality of life now.  Even though accepting I'd never know what normal or pain free felt like again.

Then a month ago I started on Twenty21 and tried THC 20:0 oil as a stop gap to getting the bud (which feels like will never happen at this rate but thats another story!).  But the most incredible thing happened.  Despite being at the end of a really bad flair where my back was twisted up, legs tight and in agony, 20 mins after my first dose I realised all my spasms had 100% relaxed.  I stood up and could twist freely (could barely turn before as was in spasm all the way up my spine)  Then I realised for the first time in 7 years I couldn't feel a thing.  Literally nothing.  I burst into tears.  100% barely expected anything to happen apart from maybe a small buzz and it was like a miracle.  Nothing, & I've tried every single drug available on the NHS for pain, has ever done that.  

I discovered I still get breakthrough pain from being a have a go hero because I'm feeling so much better taking it regularly, & vape weed for that.  Together this has meant I've gone from cooking a meal just about killing me and making me feel like I'd pass out with pain, burning up to a hot mess and feeling sick to the point of ruining my appetite, some days even if hanging out of my wheelchair to do it, to a piece of piss most days and can clear up straight afterwards too before feeling the pain and tightness kicking in.  And when it does never to pre oil excruciating burning stinging pain.  Just aching pain.  That's truly life changing.  If you haven't tried it I'd highly recommend it.  

That's a wonderful and most uplifting read. As we say around here, gaun yersel.

• Like 3

Another thread read from start to finish, it's a painful read for anyone who suffers from chronic pain as it brings it all back.
A word of warning, avoid Pregabalin (Lyrica) unless you've REALLY read up on the long-term and frequently permanent side effects.
Good luck to all of the sufferers,
Joe.

• Like 4

@Hungryjoe 

Good to read the you feel like a different man and it is absolutely amazing how canna can help with a myriad of different illnesses and condition's. Congrats on your first grow as well no matter how bad the results were the main thing is that you took ownership of it and have proactively tried to combat your problem rather than let it beat you down. It sounds incredibly cheesy but the growing you own medication thing really is a bit of a journey from your first grow to your tenth and then many more but you will have a few key lessons from each grow that you can improve upon in the next one. 

As you have already found there is a wealth of information on here and some really good points but the one key thing I would say is keep it simple and don't overcomplicate your grow. 

best of luck

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Hungryjoe said:

Another thread read from start to finish, it's a painful read for anyone who suffers from chronic pain as it brings it all back.
A word of warning, avoid Pregabalin (Lyrica) unless you've REALLY read up on the long-term and frequently permanent side effects.
Good luck to all of the sufferers,
Joe.

Pregab are nasty , took me off ami from 75ml plus to nil and gave me these , Twas fun (not) a few years back then i tried the pregab again with tramadol never again , just oil n  slightly more pain now , but getting clearer headed :haveadab::yinyang:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Pregabalin's an absolute twat of a drug to come off if you've been on it any length of time.

How are you doing Arnold? Did you ever get that private script on project twenty21? I’ve been vaping the niodecs indica t20 c4 and find really good for my nerve pain, I’m off all those shitty painkillers now ., 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Pregabalin's an absolute twat of a drug to come off if you've been on it any length of time.

I was on it for 7 years, ended up on 650mg/day. It's an absolute bastard of a drug, my side effects were awful, and having been off it for 3 years, some are permanent.
Strangely, I had no bother coming off it, I reduced the dose by 50mg/day every five days.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Hungryjoe said:

I was on it for 7 years, ended up on 650mg/day. It's an absolute bastard of a drug, my side effects were awful, and having been off it for 3 years, some are permanent.
Strangely, I had no bother coming off it, I reduced the dose by 50mg/day every five days.

Was on for about 12 years. took six months to kick, wasa very unpleasant.

• Like 2