nerve damage

phenom

Building core strength definitely works.

As does daily stretching (sounds impossible when you're in the grip of the worst of it I know) but yeah, stretches and exercises did more for me than nearly all the meds I've tried.

And these days it seems I only get an attack when I neglect to do those things for a period.

One of the major improvements I saw years again came from a visit to the NHS physio. 

At the time I had a good job and one of the benefits was Bupa coverage, they had been paying for me to go to this fancy chiropractor costing silly money and the guys efforts made precisely fuckall bit of difference.

Spent an hour with a young barely outta college physio lass at the local hospital and she bent me up in all shapes (professionally at the hospital, I didn't pick her up at the pub like lol ).

Felt like torture at the time but I walked out of there standing taller and in less pain than I had been in for months.  And cost me fuckall.

So yeah.. if you can force yourself to do them, stretches ftw :yinyang:

• Like 9

I find any core work painful as a mesh i had for a hernia rolled and digs prickles stabs etc ( still do what i can) , Offerd jabs every 2months  in the site , (no Ta) so just Tramadol for that n back probs .

• Like 4

i haven't got sciatica i have CRPS after i had a accident at work when a fruit machine fell and crushed my legs damaging the nerves leaving me in constant pain i have tried loads of different opioids. muscle relaxants. sleeping tablets. at times taking nearly 24 tablets a day i have swollen feet with my feet being hypersensitive and temperature changes leaving me unable to walk

• Like 3

@Personunknown Yes cannabis does help with both pain relief and and relaxation it helps drop my levels from nearly 10/10 to nearly a five and helps with tension / relaxation after smoking i can put my legs up and even go to the gym i smoke before i going to the gym and again after and through out the day it is 100% better than medication.  

• Like 3

Likewise canna is my go to, tramadol just takes the edge off my back n hernia bodge ,n slight reacurance of a old one on the opposite side , (fooker ) 2017 with plastics that give as much grief as they were ment to stop, now my proper repair from the 70s gives a buldge  in 2019 fitting a wheel of all things , not as embarrasing as what cause the other one . Atb

• Like 2

The best thing about amitriptyline is whenever my missus mentions it I immediately advise her that "Really?  I'm a trampoline!"

lol

(probably funnier if you're Scottish)

(saying that, probably not lol )

• Like 4
On 12/08/2021 at 1:43 PM, Personunknown said:

I find any core work painful as a mesh i had for a hernia rolled and digs prickles stabs etc ( still do what i can) , Offerd jabs every 2months  in the site , (no Ta) so just Tramadol for that n back probs .

Slitghly off topic but I have a bit of gip from a mesh repair too, don’t think it’s rolled but does dig in now and again and I know it’s there.  I wonder how much evidence there really is that this mesh is truly better than stitches in every case because IIRC there is some scandal involving women having mesh repairs for incontinence and the like and have had loads of problems causing constant pain and discomfort only for it to be discovered that there was zero peer-reviewed research demonstrating success with this surgical option. :unsure:

• Like 1

I had a stitch repair on one side as a young lad , that lasted till i got a small bulge 2 years back, the mesh side rolled in the first week /hours ?(few yrs ago)  still holds but is as much grief as the hernia was sometimes (soz of topic )

Edited by Personunknown