Russjackell

16 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Should help at least, as long a frost doesn't find its way in they should be fine. I prefer to get a few proper sets of leaves before my girls go out but I have successfully germinated outdoors at this time of year with just a plastic seedling tray with the clear plastic cover on so you could well be alright. 

Yeah for the last few years I always started them at home. But I got fed up with transporting the girls to site, was far too much stress, so this year I decided to do it onsite. 

I had 6 photos to go out, but I've held them back and will keep them in the conservatory for a week or so before they go out. 

Well say a little prayer/ make an offering and try not to worry too much, if a frost is forcast maybe think about retrieving them or adding some protection.

• Like 1

Did anybody actually get a frost this morning ?

Nothing here was up early having a one skinner and a coffee out garden as sun was up and no frost here.

Fingers crossed for the girls i have out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Did anybody actually get a frost this morning ?

Nothing here was up early having a one skinner and a coffee out garden as sun was up and no frost here.

Fingers crossed for the girls i have out.

I got up early to check, couldn't check at my site but I'm close enough by. 

No ground frost I could see, 

Looks like my area has another 2 or 3 days with temps between 1c and 4c

Praying g to the gods my girls make it through

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cappilio said:

I got up early to check, couldn't check at my site but I'm close enough by. 

No ground frost I could see, 

Looks like my area has another 2 or 3 days with temps between 1c and 4c

Praying g to the gods my girls make it through

Most of mine went in the ground end of Apr/beginning of May, having seen this cold spell on the forecast i went out yesterday to clotch them up. Fortunately someone had dumped/left a load of large water bottles nearby which were the perfect size, just cut the bases off. I didn't have enough to do them all so just covered the weaker/younger ones, some still had the caps and so will be completely sheltered from the elements and some without and obvs the uncovered ones have no protection at all. Will be interesting to see how and what survives and whether or not the clotches make much difference. I noticed that one of the plants is absolutely flying, almost a foot tall already with big green leaves, interestingly it is in the same hole that the initial best performer was in last year although it turned out to be a bit of a flop, didn't produce much and had savage rot. Was excited to check out my newly set up trail cam footage... i think i may have set it to high in the tree cos the only pics i had were of me climbing the tree ffs lol.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rennie_99 said:

Was excited to check out my newly set up trail cam footage... i think i may have set it to high in the tree cos the only pics i had were of me climbing the tree ffs lol.

Useful evidence to back up the caller to Donald Fagen as a graveyard shift DJ in Nightfly (from the great album of the same name) "..... so you say there's a race of men in the trees; you're for tough legislation. Thanks for calling.  I wait all night for calls like these..."

My trail cam in the garden which I set up in the autumn looking to see where the badgers and foxes get in and what other nightlife there is works well at about chest height and gives the temperature during each clip it films which is interesting.  Chilly night last - 2.4 degrees in the garden as I write at 06:45 and 9.7 degrees in the greenhouse which has a thermostatic heater at ground level set to go at about 7 degrees.  Hope the bottles worked - I expect that the ladies can cope, after all a lot of strains, especially the autos containing ruderalis must suffer low nighttime temperatures at the beginning of their season in their normal range at fairly high altitudes with clear skies in places like central Asia, Afghanistan.

• Like 1

After all that rain we had end of last year day after day after day of very depressing rain. lol

Is it to much to ask for a little shower now i got girls out. 

Long range forecast looks sunny and getting warmer and aint rained properly here in weeks i predict a lot of growers this year lugging swimming pools of water all round the country. lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, murphyblue said:

After all that rain we had end of last year day after day after day of very depressing rain. lol

Is it to much to ask for a little shower now i got girls out. 

Long range forecast looks sunny and getting warmer and aint rained properly here in weeks i predict a lot of growers this year lugging swimming pools of water all round the country. lol

Uk420 growing/body building forum a place where we load are backpacks one day with plants the next day 10's of litres of fluid and March like there's no tomorow

Well, the worse of the low temps have passed for my area, 

checked on the girls yesterday looks like the mini greenhouse shield worked a treat saved them from the worst of it.

got 6 "the 7" to put out next day or two. looking at long range forcast were going to see another spike in temps over next weekend back into the high twenties

enjoy trekking with water lads!

• Like 1

Was 0 degrees C here overnight. Checked on my plot this morning, it was frosty and my seedlings in their nursery box were all looking a bit sorry for themselves although I couldn't see any frost on them. They were pretty wilted :(

Should be a fairly warm from now on so hopefully not done any lasting damage...

I really need some rain though, the ground here is like concrete and it doesn't look like any is forecast for a while!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, B-real said:

Uk420 growing/body building forum..

lollol

Mate I been thinking about this water situation.. Clever ol' me decided not to go down the route of pond/buckets etc thinking it'll be okay... :wallbash:

We've had less than the average rainfall for April here, in the last 3 months...!

I'm looking at maybe getting a drill pump, think I'd need 2 containers as mid points from my closest water source depending on how well the pump will perform. Anyone used one before?

As for the temps it looks like my area will improve for the forseeable future as of this weekend, still cold nights here at the moment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

lollol

Mate I been thinking about this water situation.. Clever ol' me decided not to go down the route of pond/buckets etc thinking it'll be okay... :wallbash:

We've had less than the average rainfall for April here, in the last 3 months...!

I'm looking at maybe getting a drill pump, think I'd need 2 containers as mid points from my closest water source depending on how well the pump will perform. Anyone used one before?

As for the temps it looks like my area will improve for the forseeable future as of this weekend, still cold nights here at the moment.

Well to be fair buckets pond etc are only any good if it rains and we aint had none and forecast showing bog all heading our way . :wallbash:

• Like 1

Really could do with a drop of rain here too, went to check my plot yesterday and was not best pleased. the girls was showing signs of stress due to the cold and was dry as a bone.. 

Ended up using the water from an old nearby stream/brook to give them a good soaking.. now I gotta just hope that water is safe and does not harm the girls . It's like 5c at night here so bit worried it might have a lasting effect on them... fingers crossed

• Like 1

Heated mini greenhouse night temp 10c -12c since April.....

Outdoor night temp between 2c to 10c since April.....

Im doin both... No difference in growth! Happy and strong both ways

Peace!

:bong:

• Like 3