Russjackell

Just now, Russjackell said:

Still got backache from last year. Maybe I should dig a pond nearby.....

Paniers on a bike , at least its only pushing ? Pond sounds good !

Edited by RikD67

16 minutes ago, RikD67 said:

Paniers on a bike , at least its only pushing ? Pond sounds good !

this might do it, needs them ferts  washed in

Edited by Russjackell
Copied a foto in, then it disappeared. I’m fucked, going to bed, laters.
  • Like 1

I’ve got a pond 200 yards from this years plot that didn’t dry out in last years heat much at all - which sounds great but I have hardly any time to go and use it and water the ladies. Water rich but time poor here.   

This is one of those subjects,

Some years, it can be absolutely cracking,

The next were getting frost mid April & Rain all May 

Its a gamble every year and i can tell you for absolute certain this year wont be the best, why, you ask? Because i had a break last year and we had a cracking season, so its only right for the season I start again to be shit, its just my luck.

However on the shimmer of hope that lives deep in my soul, i gotta say for this early in the year, last few weeks have looked promising. I even popped 3 Fast diesel which are currently about a a week in. I wont do anymore tho encase the inevitable happens. Start the rest maybe 20th April time, and auto's maybe end of may.

We can only do what mother nature lets us, lets all keep our fingers crossed for perfect conditions all year round!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, it’s official, I’m out of my long johns cos it’s summer time, at last!

Thanks to our old friend the Scandinavian High, atmospherically blocking the jet stream and repeating last years’ pattern,

I predict another warmer than normal start to the season. Or is more like what Attenborough said last night - we’ve cooked the planet… :sweaty:

Germed 10 seeds last week, 100% success, greenhouse is cleaned and ready, veg and canna patch ready, got some veg on the go too, peas, beans, pots, onions…

Let the good times roll and roll up a spliff, as it’s happening in a plot near me. 

The plot thickens, good vibes to all GGs. :lucky:

:oldtoker:

• Like 10

was early eighties when winter as I knew them came to an end, through the eighties was not so sunny during the day till late afternoon then the sun came out and set with beauty, this was still mid winter, we had very little snow temps hardly going below -1, was an odd winter over the years when the snow lasted up to 1 week sometimes lower than -10, but that has been rare over the last 40 years, until I was 12 it snowed every year lasted for weeks and very cold, by the time I was 12 we started getting more ice less snow. is some change in my lifetime. I would like to think we wont be getting hot summers getting hotter by the year but alas while the temperature rise has been happening most winters it now appears the summer are now the target.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hash72 said:

is some change in my lifetime.

An really old lady was telling me they all used to ice skate on the Trent every year when she was a kid, a big tidal river like that would take a lot to freeze - much more sustained cold than we ever had in my lifetime. Go back another 50 years on that they used to have a winter fair on the Thames every year including elephants out there on the ice.

Weather it’s just a natural cycle of change or man made change is anyone’s guess imo.

22 minutes ago, nl5 said:

An really old lady was telling me they all used to ice skate on the Trent every year when she was a kid, a big tidal river like that would take a lot to freeze - much more sustained cold than we ever had in my lifetime. Go back another 50 years on that they used to have a winter fair on the Thames every year including elephants out there on the ice.

Weather it’s just a natural cycle of change or man made change is anyone’s guess imo.

All logic points to man made to me.

51221_TEM_MW_EXTREME-WEATHER-NOTTM-_05.j

Edited by jonnybigballs
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, jonnybigballs said:

No it’s doesnt mate.

gtemps.jpg

The planets so massive it sucks up most of what we throw at it, the plastic problems much more important that global warming imo 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, jonnybigballs said:

Is that Trent bridge?

So I just got three, fast diesel(rgs) photos out. 

I know they are early but I was looking at the weather, I'm hoping we are done for ground frost for the year, 

Two in ground one in pot, 

Just going to start cracking another 6 DFG(rgs) 

I think, still debating if I should crack them now or give it a few weeks. 

My 6 autos, I'm gonna hang in til the end of month at least before I think about germinating. 

What you guys think of the weather now, I'm Midlands UK, you think we're seen the last of Jack frost, lack of rain maybe but I can counter that at least! 

• Like 1

I had to restart due to being snailed, so i've put the lot in to soak in a "fuck it" moment.

It is what it is this year for me, it will work or it won't and i'm not stressing about it so don't go by what i'm doing.

The weather down here is nice today and was not too cold last night, not sure where you are though.

You watch, it will friggin snow next week! lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cappilio said:

So I just got three, fast diesel(rgs) photos out. 

I know they are early but I was looking at the weather, I'm hoping we are done for ground frost for the year, 

Two in ground one in pot, 

Just going to start cracking another 6 DFG(rgs) 

I think, still debating if I should crack them now or give it a few weeks. 

My 6 autos, I'm gonna hang in til the end of month at least before I think about germinating. 

What you guys think of the weather now, I'm Midlands UK, you think we're seen the last of Jack frost, lack of rain maybe but I can counter that at least! 

Your FD will trigger into flower. Have a look at the daylight hours table (google) . You want over 16hrs of daylight. 3rd week in may bro :yinyang:

• Like 2

Anyone ever hear the saying "if the cuckoo is early, it will be a dry summer"?

Well.. the Cuckoo is early :bong:

Repeat of last year i reckon.. plus a few weeks extra sun 

• Like 2