Kippers 2019 Dinafem Outdoor competition Diary

Kipper420

Me either @Happyeccentric on the lst.

I'm learning. I think in future I'll use a meatier wire with plastic coating. More holes around the pot and start earlier.

Just started training on the new double header fruit to try to even out the growth on both stems.

The cheese xxl have picked up after the feed. @Dinafem-Mark turns out they were hungry and dry.

The old fruit is stacking up and has an intoxicating aroma. 9 weeks old now. iirc germed 28th march. I reckon she has 2-4 weeks left to go.

• Like 3

On 24/05/2019 at 6:36 AM, Kipper420 said:

@vortex filtration = wind :mellow:

lol yes  but if theyre in your garden ... and you have neighbours ...  the wind will carry that sweet smell all along the road mate .............  unless you have a MASSIVE  garden or live without neighbours

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

updates

cheese xxl 2

large.5cebb9ca6cb5f_cheesexxl275no2.jpg

fruit in flower

cheese xxl 1

large.5cebb9c996754_cheesexxl275.jpg

Those Cheese XXL's are smashing autos.. Well done mate, keep it going! Do you have them on any feeds?

• Like 5

Feeds yep. @InTheSystem

They've had a few feeds of 1% seaweed, 5% nettle tea, 10% banana tea. 5-10ml of aloe vera gel. per ltr.

Seaweed 1ml/lt foliar feeds.

and lots of rain water. Cheese xxl are more hungry than the fruits.

plus the only other feed they had was some wormcastings added when they where potted up into finals but that was a long time ago and some neem foliar pest prevention.

I need to sort the wormery this week so I may well top dress the cheese xxl after that.

I do have some Dutch pro A & B for hard water but I cant remember the dosages So I didnt bother using it. Besides which they look happy enough.

• Like 5

On 27/05/2019 at 11:26 AM, Kipper420 said:

updates

double header fruit

large.5cebb9cb21c88_doubleheaderfruit275.jpg

cheese xxl 2

large.5cebb9ca6cb5f_cheesexxl275no2.jpg

fruit in flower

large.5cebb9c8bfaef_fruitflower275.jpg

cheese xxl 1

large.5cebb9c996754_cheesexxl275.jpg

One thing you will find or have found out about our Cheese XXL auto is she is a pig where feed is concerned  ;)

Your looking in smashing shape mate :yep:

Until next week mate  :)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

On 24/05/2019 at 6:29 PM, Andromedian said:

large.gallery_79664_13023_103078.jpg

I love this contraption  ;)

So cool :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

I've noticed something else with the double header. If you look at the stem on the right in the pic. The stronger trained one.

About half way up the stem there is no opposing fan leaf. However the next node up has 3 fans and branches.

I have actively encouraged the training of sorts. Not sure it'll work out.

Kinda got lucky she developed the two stems rather than a first set of leaves. The two tops quickly wiped out the cotyledons and just grew.

lots of new growth.

• Like 3

Just now, Kipper420 said:

I've noticed something else with the double header. If you look at the stem on the right in the pic. The stronger trained one.

About half way up the stem there is no opposing fan leaf. However the next node up has 3 fans and branches.

I have actively encouraged the training of sorts. Not sure it'll work out.

Kinda got lucky she developed the two stems rather than a first set of leaves. The two tops quickly wiped out the cotyledons and just grew.

lots of new growth.

By the sound of things this is one cool mutation  :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

Don't mind me. I even like my plants quirky. Her stems are strong, colour is good. She's doing good mate. 

Its nature, despite expecting patterned uniform growth. Roll with it. Let them do their thing. 

Might as well enjoy the ride, were only here for a short while. :bong:

or as Clapton sang. Let it grow.

• Like 2

Just now, Kipper420 said:

Roll with it. Let them do their thing. 

Wise words :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

I was reading back on your diary and saw they were only popped on 27th March so it's lovely to see they all survived and are coming into flower looking so amazing.   Great pics and enjoying watching your progress

• Like 2

Thanks mate @Happyeccentric.

They're doing ok . I hope round 2 is better. No topping. No lst. etc.

Just gonna grow em out in the pots they're in and hope for good results.

• Like 3

@Kipper420 looking dude ive got my next batch if beans in the post heres hopeing theyll be here by tomz only got the one lost coast on the go from hso but yea yours are looking ighty fine btw come on in leaps and bounds