Prophets Crystal Candy - Single Plant Grow - 5th Sweet Seeds Competition

Prophet

Just had a sudden realisation that I'm not going to finish in time :( no way this will be down & dry by the 19th of May . . .

Oh well! I'll follow it through anyway :)

• Like 3

On 4/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, Prophet said:
On 4/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, Prophet said:

Obviously at this stage im not really sure about what quality and volume this 80w LED panel is capable of producing. You wouldn't flower under a 125w CFL, and this is only 2/3 of that power!

You'll be surprised what LED can do mate with the full spectrum. Nice sturdy healthy looking plant :yep:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Prophet said:

Just had a sudden realisation that I'm not going to finish in time :( no way this will be down & dry by the 19th of May . . .

Oh well! I'll follow it through anyway :)

Yeah looks like you'll miss the deadline @Prophet but you'll still have some lush bud to smoke, which is why we're all here, so all's not lost :yep:

• Like 2

What beautiful pictures! 
The plants look good, you are doing very well.:B):

Do not worry if you do not arrive on time. The important thing is to participate and enjoy :king:

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

• Like 1

*** WEEK 9 ***

(Week 3 - Flower)

Now 3 weeks in things are starting to get furry :)

Lower fan leaves are starting to yellow so i've just introduced some nutrient to the water; Oldtimes bloom at 1ml per litre. This will slowly increase over the next few weeks. Other than that everything looks just fine :)

large.20190430_192337.jpg

large.20190430_192433.jpg

large.20190430_192417.jpg

large.20190430_192512.jpg

• Like 11

Nice healthy plants, a real shame they will be down early but needs must etc. Looking at the photo it seems the canopy is still a right distance from the panel. May well be worth stacking another box and see how it goes.

Toke...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** WEEK 10 ***

(Week 4 Flower)

Apologies for the slightly delayed update, I've been away for a few days. Time is certainly flying by now! although not quickly enough for the comp :( Silly me . . .

Everything is still looking rosy for our single girl in the cupboard. I've upped the feed to 2ml/L as she's showing signs of getting hungry now :) Bud formation is still going strong and pistils are popping out everywhere. Also resin has started appearing on the sugar leaves. It's not going to break any records for weight but that was never my intention. If i can get a couple of oz off her i'll be happy.  And secondly i wanted to see if you could flower something half decent under an 80w panel!

large.20190507_191136.jpg

large.20190507_191311.jpg

large.20190507_191501(0).jpg

• Like 12

From those bud shots I think you've conclusively proved that flowering under an 80w led is entirely doable, nice one :yep:

Looking forward to seeing the final results :skin_up:

• Like 1

*** WEEK 11 ***

(Week 5 Flower)

Me again :) .So everything is progressing as usual for this stage of the grow. Pistil development is still going strong and trichomes are appearing on sugar leaves. 

Overall very happy with how everything is looking :)

large.20190514_193016.jpg

large.20190514_193036.jpg

large.20190514_193207.jpg

Back in the box :)

large.20190514_192824.jpg

• Like 9

*** WEEK 12 ***

(Week 6 Flower)

Ok, so the competition has finished but this diary hasn't. I'm not pulling it early and pretty sure i wouldn't have won anything anyway :) This plant is my sole source of weed for the next few months so i need every gram i can get. Who knows, perhaps the SS team will send me something awesome based purely off my good nature and charming manners :innocent: lol

Anyway . . . So here we are at the end of 6 weeks of flower. I'll be honest and say this 80w panel has surprised me. Whilst my grow space has halved, and I'm only growing a single plant, it is 100% comparable to my bridgelux 155W setup. That's based purely off how he plants look at this stage of the grow. Obviously I've not smoked it yet :) . I think I'll stick the 155w setup on ebay and let someone else put it to good use. I'm pretty sure i can fit two plants in this cupboard which is all i grow anyway! So that'll be the next mission; can an 80w panel flower two plants . . . ? 

Of course I'm getting ahead of myself as this one isn't finished yet. She's got another 2 or 3 weeks to run yet but so far everything seems happy and normal

The obligatory too-light picture. For some reason my new camera is very sensitive to light:

large.20190521_190621.jpg

And a view from the top:

large.20190521_190707.jpg

Buds are getting very sticky and starting to fill-out:

large.20190521_190634.jpg

Back under the panel

large.20190521_193150.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks for keeping it going @Prophet. The plant is still looking fantastic and those great LEDs (and your hard work) should reward you well soon :yep:

• Like 2

*** WEEK 13 ***

(Week 7 Flower)

Chugging along nicely now :)

Most pistils are brown now but she's still putting out fresh growth and putting on weight

large.20190528_193838.jpg

large.20190528_193919.jpg

large.20190528_194026.jpg

large.20190528_194159.jpg

• Like 9

*** WEEK 14 ***

(Week 8 Flower)

So here's where we are at the end of 8 weeks of flower. Oddly enough the plant is pretty much finished! Never had one finish after 8 weeks before :)

She's been on plain water for the last week and as you can see the fan leaves are dying off. So i'll run her until the end of the week to let her dry out a bit then chop! :)

Apologies for the late finish to the diary comp. I'll make sure i start earlier next time!

I'll make sure i post a final dry/smoke report when it's ready. Thanks to those that have tuned in. 

@diyleduk has anybody else done a full grow with these 80w units yet? Id be interested to see how mine compared. Thanks again for the unit :)

large.20190604_193244.jpg

large.20190604_193120.jpg

large.20190604_193147.jpg

large.20190604_193226.jpg

• Like 9