Prophets Crystal Candy - Single Plant Grow - 5th Sweet Seeds Competition

Prophet

*** WEEK 3 ***

Ok so that's week 3, down and clear. Yesterday i decided she's can go into her final tub. A bit early for sure but I'm not going to use another slightly pot for the sake of a couple weeks. Yes it'll take her longer to root it out but that's ok, I'm in no hurry :) 

Growth-wise everything seems fine. Leaves are a good colour and apart from a little bit of curling on some of the edges, which always seems to happen with the early leaves, everything seems normal. She's going to get topped in the next couple days which will probably stunt the growth slightly for a few days so i'm not expecting any real massive progress for the next week . . .

large.IMGP0083.JPG

large.IMGP0085.JPG

large.IMGP0089.JPG

:) 

• Like 11

Keep it up, you're doing very well!  :)

Crystal Candy is a very good candy :P

Sweet smokes.

- Apolo

• Like 2

*** WEEK 4 ***

So we're at the one month mark and it's situation normal . . . Everything is right as it should be :)

She got topped a few days back and have recovered nicely. Secondary growths are starting to push away from the main canopy and the fan leaves too are starting to stretch out. She's now starting to fill the space nicely :)

Starting to fill:

(It's much brighter in there but my camera has auto light balance)

large.IMGP0090.JPG

A nice shade of green . . .

large.IMGP0091.JPG

Secondary growths:

large.IMGP0092.JPG

Topping scar:

large.IMGP0094.JPG

Hopefully next week i can start to lasso the side growths and get this show on the road!

Edited by Prophet
  • Like 8

*** WEEK 5 ***

So that's another week of veg out of the way :)

Pleased to report everything is still as it should be. Growth is good and leaves are showing no signs of defect. A point to note is that I've not started feeding yet and wont until switching to flower. I see more problems as a result of incorrect feeding than i do from underfeeding. People want to 'maximize their yield' and end up doing more harm than good!

So we've started LST by tying down the fan leaves. This allows the secondary side-shoots to get more light. As soon as the secondary growths are tall enough to reach the edge of the tub they'll get tethered to it and then left to grow upwards. At this point i'll then switch to 12/12 and let the growth commence. Then we'll see what this 80w LED panel is capable of. So far it's been on par with both my 155w LED strips and a 150w HPS. Of course the proof will be in the final few weeks, to see how big & dense the buds are. But for now I'm happy :)

Out of the box for a daylight shot:

large.IMGP0132.JPG

It looks very lonely in there but it'll soon fill up:

large.IMGP0136.JPG

• Like 10

Let the bondage begin @Prophet and I'm the same, prefer to slightly underfeed than go balls to the wall, throw everything at them and run into issues :yinyang:

• Like 1

*** WEEK 6 ***

Time's getting on now, so I'm flipping to 12/12 today :)

Everything is still looking good in the box. Nice growth & colour all round and temps still at 22c/18c. The loft is warming up nicely now with spring which will really help with root temps. No discolouration on the leaves at all so i'm happy there is still nutrient in the soil and the roots are happy. I've only actually watered the plant twice (since it's been in the tub)! Overwatering is bad for roots during the colder months . . .    

Here she is at the end of 18/6, week 6:

large.20190409_184931.jpglarge.20190409_184950.jpglarge.20190409_184959.jpg

• Like 6

That is looking really nice. Your plant looks so happy, as if it really likes the LEDs and the care you are giving. Looking forward to seeing the flowers now you've flipped. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

*** WEEK 7 ***

So here we are after the first week of 12/12. Nothing amazing happening with bud production at this stage, but that's pretty normal . . . It is only 80w after all :) 

First job this week was to remove the old fan leaves. They've done their job and are not getting any light anymore so are starting to look tired:

large.20190414_193134.jpg

Taken out of her box for a couple of [washed-out] daylight pics:

large.20190416_184038.jpg

New growths are starting to 'lime' which normally happens before flower production:

large.20190416_184104.jpg

Got a couple of pistils showing on the secondary growths too (phew! It's a girl. I know the seeds are feminized but i always worry until i see them :) )

large.20190416_184540.jpg

And back in her box under the almighty 80w!

large.20190416_184739.jpglarge.20190416_184751.jpg

Fingers crossed for something more 'flowery' soon :) 

Edited by Prophet
  • Like 9

*** WEEK 8 ***

(Week 2 - Flower)

Happy to report that everything appears to be progressing normally :) spring has given rise to some lovely ambient temperatures which has really helped. Obviously at this stage im not really sure about what quality and volume this 80w LED panel is capable of producing. You wouldn't flower under a 125w CFL, and this is only 2/3 of that power! Light quality obviously affects growth but to get large yields you need a certain level of power too . . . So i guess we'll see!

Bud development is now starting in earnest as all growth tips are showing pistils:

large.20190423_191209.jpg

Green & bushy!:

large.20190423_191502.jpg

Plant limbs are a good size & nicely knuckled: (discolouration is only in photo)

large.20190423_191311.jpg

Starting to fill out:

large.20190423_191558.jpg

Edited by Prophet
  • Like 9