First attempt - Oxypot

Bazzie

1 hour ago, Bazzie said:

Bad Billy got me all relaxed and then you Stu went and got me worried again :mellow:

I'm home and just went down and was shocked to find some new leaves and..... Decent amount of roots all over! Some bits 3 or 4 inches long and lots of little bits poking out the net pot :)

I'm well happy with that.

Tbh everything you said Stu made sense and I'm just super relieved to see some roots.

I can't add pictures from my phone so I'll add them tomorrow and probably drain and refill. Is it time for the veg feed?

see -  I told u ha ha . 

but ditch the rockwool next time, its shite for bubblers, holds too much moisture

• Like 3

Here's some pictures, leaves looked a little droopy this morning. I plan on emptying the oxypot and refilling with groom temp water + cal mag +  SHOGUN Samurai Hydro Grow. I'm planning on 15ml of hydro grow into the tank.

large.MVIMG_20190225_173615.jpglarge.MVIMG_20190225_173603.jpglarge.MVIMG_20190225_173601.jpglarge.MVIMG_20190225_173555.jpglarge.5c7514afc7a67_Day3to10.jpglarge.IMG_20190226_090150.jpglarge.IMG_20190225_173711.jpg

what size is your bucket?

I would be putting them on 0.6 ec and 5.6 ph. let the ph run up to about 6.3 and ph down it .

Let the water level go down a couple of inches as they feed, and don't top it up every day, they enjoy some oxygen in the root zone, and the bubbles breaking the surface will provide plenty of nutrient to keep them healthy.

good job so far, once the roots hit the nutes its time for lift off, you will almost see them grow daily.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

what size is your bucket?

I would be putting them on 0.6 ec and 5.6 ph. let the ph run up to about 6.3 and ph down it .

Let the water level go down a couple of inches as they feed, and don't top it up every day, they enjoy some oxygen in the root zone, and the bubbles breaking the surface will provide plenty of nutrient to keep them healthy.

good job so far, once the roots hit the nutes its time for lift off, you will almost see them grow daily.

It's a 19l oxypot, I'm guessing around 15 l will get me 2~3 cm away from the bottom of the net pot.

I've been cheap and not got anything to measure the EC, just ordered one (bluelab truncheon) which'll hopefully be with me in a couple of days so I can follow your advice.

Edited by Bazzie
add
  • Like 1

no no I meant to fill it like you have in the pic, then let it go down a couple of inches, before topping it up again mate. 

And yeah a bluelab is the way to go, much more reliable than the cheap copies.

• Like 1

@badbillybob & @Captain buckfast

I think I may have root rot? Brown and twisted roots? It was like this with Shogun Katana roots, Ionic CalMag + lemon juice. I added Shogun Hydrogrow A+B to the original mix after.

large.IMG_20190228_011026.jpglarge.IMG_20190228_011017.jpg

Definitely some new growth up top, plan to get some SM90 and replace the water tonight.

@diyleduk

Would you lower the Scope375 from 1.3m to closer?

it does look like root rot , if you gently tug it and it comes away, that's what it is. 

if you insulate your buckets it will help, use the silver insulation that looks like bubble wrap, to cover the outside of the bucket and lid. ice packs can also help here.  As does aiming your intake fan at the pots. 

ot all helps. 

Hope you get it sorted. 

• Like 1

Make some black and white poly discs to cover the top of the 5" netpots. It will prevent light getting into the roots and stop the rockwool turning green.

• Like 1

That looks similar to what I had when I had a broken bit of taproot fall into my reservoir, I used plant magic enzyme and that seemed to do the trick for me, id always have some sort of root cleaner in the solution whether it’s hydroguard,plant magic enzyme, great white etc 

as there’s no signs of rot on the leaves if it is root rot you’ve caught it pretty early. Just make sure there’s no light leaks & get a root cleaner in there and it should recover. 

What size air pump & which airstones are you using? 

• Like 1