tester -ogkz and sugar breath

vince noir rock n roll star

aye cheers for poppin in d ..yes me mother is a bit of a victorian wizard when it comes to making her own garden feeds ..been doing it for 60 years or more so i think she got it down pat by now ..but she never tells me everything thats in them ..always forgets to tell me at least one ingredient .

still when she passes away ..that little notebook of hers is mine ..i reckon plant magic the original stuff ,that brown thick greasy goo ..is pretty close to what it is she knocks up for her flowers ..smells marmitey ..

• Like 3

these two plants got some fan leaves on me ..big fat fuckers ..so far no issues with either ..in fact they doing alright 

large.IMG_1743.JPGlarge.IMG_1744.JPG

sugarbreath^

large.IMG_1745.JPGlarge.IMG_1746.JPG

ogkz on the right .

• Like 7

On 09/02/2019 at 5:44 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

in fact they doing alright 

They look to be doing very well mate :yep:

Almost time for a repot? 

On 07/02/2019 at 0:46 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

yes me mother is a bit of a victorian wizard when it comes to making her own garden feeds

Would be cool to her a few basic ingredients mate :yep:

Do you only ever use homemade nutrients? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

no ill use anything thats organic in general ..but im not against chem ferts in the right situations ..but because its for our health id rather it be organic based .

and there will be no repot ..not until ive tasted the wears ..if they are worthy then they will get a reveg and repot ..but they ge treated the same as others that are untried ..i wont waste good soil on a plant ive not tried before .i may not like either of the smokes off of these and therefore wouldnt grow again ..so why use 5 litres when 1 will get me the tasters needed .

• Like 5

large.IMG_1764.JPG

sugarbreath got a lovely tight structure

large.IMG_1763.JPG

same with the ogkz but stronger urge to side branch 

• Like 7

throwing out the first pistels now ..i suspect i will have to feed the ogkz much more than the sugarbreath as the og wants to branch out much more than the sugarbreath ..only given one feed last weekend ..then nothing but a bit of water today .

these pics are before watering ..

large.IMG_1801.JPGogkz on left.

large.IMG_1802.JPGlarge.IMG_1803.JPGsugarbreath ^

large.IMG_1805.JPGbig og fan leaves 

so far no issues ..piss easy is how i would describe them ..one litre pots ,stupid man .

• Like 8

Very healthy looking plants mate, and mahoosive fan leaves, I'm surprised you can grow anything else in there with leaves that size taking all the light

• Like 2

On 07/02/2019 at 0:46 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

that brown thick greasy goo ..is pretty close to what it is she knocks up for her flowers ..smells marmitey

That's got me thinking, would a bit of marmite be any good in a molasses tea?

Nice plants btw, that sugar breath caught my eye last year on insta! 

• Like 2

yes its a vitamin b concentrate with yeast ..i wouldnt go using too much ..and make sure its diluted and not clumpy muck ..try it with butter on toast first make sure its marmite though .

• Like 2

On 17/02/2019 at 6:05 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

yes its a vitamin b concentrate with yeast ..i wouldnt go using too much ..and make sure its diluted and not clumpy muck ..try it with butter on toast first make sure its marmite though .

I never actually thought of Marmite as a nutrient feed but it does make sense, go in easy thought buddy :bong:

@vince noir rock n roll star have you seen anyone else use marmite in a grow mate?

On 17/02/2019 at 1:31 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

.i suspect i will have to feed the ogkz much more than the sugarbreath

Just going of the pictures but that could be me I would say they are equal in height but the sugar breath looks slightly more bushy, going to be interesting to watch these develope over the next few weeks  ;)

As always thank you for the diary update brother  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late update yes mark ive used marmite before ..long time ago ..also lemon juice for adjusting ph ..all old school stuff me mum taught me 

if you smell organic bloom food you`ll instantly recognise the same vit b smells ..and how much do folk pay for vit b with growing these days ??

i wouldnt mess with it now though as theres no real need when feeds are so dialled in for cannabis growers .

anyway ..ill do some picture updates later as the girls will be flowering under the new scope 220 samsung strips courtesy of @diyleduk our resident techy wizards ..

• Like 3

large.IMG_1875.JPGlarge.IMG_1874.JPG

both plants have had only a small ammount of water ..so far so good ..we shall see how they react to the new scope 220 led from @diyleduk onward buttercup ...

• Like 7

very little to report other than sugarbreath shows darker colours after the smallest of temp fluctuations ..going to look very nice by harvest time ..

they are both now under the new scope220 quantum leds from @diyleduk 

large.IMG_1892.JPGlarge.IMG_1891.JPG

• Like 8