Gorilla Breath and Blue Fire test in coco

Rick Grimes

On 12/05/2019 at 8:32 PM, Seasick Steve said:

@Rick Grimes   how are those Gorillas doing mate? Mine are down and drying, can't wait! :v:

:smoke:

large.IMG_7583.JPGlarge.IMG_7584.JPG

Hiya pal. Here’s a couple of pics from a GB I cut down on Sunday. Super frosty, very sticky and stinky.

Harvesting this one and taking it out of the crowded net has lead to a lot of the other plants flopping over so things are looking a bit messy. I’ll get in there with some ties and tidy it all up a bit so I can take some more photos.

• Like 6

Alright there @Rick Grimes

Your Gb look tidy mate, as does the Bf, 

You say they they have a lot of streach,

At the moment my Gb is very short compared to my Bf, was this the case with yours? Or were they a similar size when you flipped them,

Take it easy.Jj:skin_up:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there @Rick Grimes

Your Gb look tidy mate, as does the Bf, 

You say they they have a lot of streach,

At the moment my Gb is very short compared to my Bf, was this the case with yours? Or were they a similar size when you flipped them,

Take it easy.Jj:skin_up:

Alright brother Jibba.

I’d say I made a mistake and over veged both of them to start with. The extra growth rate from switching to coco caught me out.

Both the BF’s and these phenos of GB’s were lanky like OG’s can often be even in veg and then more so in flower.

The Blue Fires probably stretched more than the Gorrilla breaths but the thin, flimsy OG type branching of the GB’s made them much harder work. They grew very similar to sour kush from DNA/RP if you’ve ever grown that.

Looking at yours it looks like one of the more compact phenos that I threw away so yours may very well be different. 

If I was to grow again I’d veg for a shorter time, top them more and get the net in place earlier. 4-5 weeks veg and topping twice or maybe scrogging would make much more manageable plants I think.

The Blue fires look like they’re going to make monstrous yields.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 4

Cheers for that @Rick Grimes :yep:

I am not going to use a net this time as I want to be able to move them around, hopefully it goes well, even tho I have gone the other way to you and gone from coco to a mud coco mix, I can handle some streach but I am not going to lie, when I was reading your update and a came across the bit where it said five foot, that stopped me in my tracks for a bit:wacko:

But now you have confirmed what I thought about it being a different pheno

makes me feel much better, cheers again Rick.

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rick Grimes said:

large.IMG_7583.JPGlarge.IMG_7584.JPG

Hiya pal. Here’s a couple of pics from a GB I cut down on Sunday. Super frosty, very sticky and stinky.

Harvesting this one and taking it out of the crowded net has lead to a lot of the other plants flopping over so things are looking a bit messy. I’ll get in there with some ties and tidy it all up a bit so I can take some more photos.

Nice to see a few grows concluding with some of our new strains  ;)

That Gorilla Breath packed on some serious weight prior to harvest  :bong:

Thank you for the added stretch and growth info on both Gorilla Breath The Blue Fire buddy ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 14/05/2019 at 11:29 AM, Rick Grimes said:

large.IMG_7584.JPG

All that lovely frost, even on the fan leaves :yep:  and those insane roots man lol  enjoy :spliff: 

• Like 2

@Jibba jabba No those Gorilla Breaths don't stretch much, you'll be fine mate :wassnnme: 

large.5c9c040e950fb_HSOs-day-27a.jpg

To be fair yours does look a lot more compact, mine went through the roof lol 

• Like 3

large.IMG_7594.JPGlarge.IMG_7593.JPG

A couple of bud shots of the other GB which was chopped down at the weekend at 72 days of 12/12.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 6

58 minutes ago, Rick Grimes said:

GB which was chopped down at the weekend at 72 days

There you go, that looks mouth-wateringly tasty bud,

71 day to go and I’ll be with you.

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

There you go, that looks mouth-wateringly tasty bud,

71 day to go and I’ll be with you.

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

Yes brother. I’m happy I managed a few half decent pics of it. I think you’ll really like this one.

Blue Fires will be down this week. They are looking like big producers. Smells are haze with a pronounced gassy sharpness at the moment. 

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 2

Blue fire harvested 9.5 weeks I think. 

It’s a big yielder, it’s taken up nearly twice the space that either of the Gorilla Breaths did on the racks.

large.IMG_7620.JPG

large.IMG_7619.JPG

large.IMG_7618.JPGlarge.IMG_7617.JPG

A few dry-ish bud pics of a Gorilla Breath early sample. It’s a lower bud so hasn’t got the density of the top buds so has dried a bit quicker. Decent trichome coverage.

large.IMG_7616.JPGlarge.IMG_7615.JPG

• Like 7

Looks like you've done a cracking job with these lady's bud, I'm looking forward to hearing the smoke report :skin_up:

• Like 2

The Gorilla Breath and Blue Fire are now down, hanging and drying  :yep:

Those pre harvest bud shots of the Gorilla Breath are stunning mate, crazy crystal coverage and definitely packed on that weight prior to harvest  :bong:

So the Blue Fire is looking to be the best producer out of these 2 strains? Good to know ;)

What day did GB1 come down mate? By the look of things 65-75 day's sound to be the harvest window for both these strains?

I would call this a successful harvest of some Fire looking flowers  :yep:

Enjoy buddy :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

The Gorilla Breath and Blue Fire are now down, hanging and drying  :yep:

Those pre harvest bud shots of the Gorilla Breath are stunning mate, crazy crystal coverage and definitely packed on that weight prior to harvest  :bong:

So the Blue Fire is looking to be the best producer out of these 2 strains? Good to know ;)

What day did GB1 come down mate? By the look of things 65-75 day's sound to be the harvest window for both these strains?

I would call this a successful harvest of some Fire looking flowers  :yep:

Enjoy buddy :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Thanks for the comments brother and thanks to you and the rest of HSO for providing me with the test seeds.

GB1 was cut down at day 65 and this was GB2 at 72 days, so you’re pretty accurate with 9-10 weeks.

The BF’s are monstrous producers mate. It might useful to note both mine were big feeders. The EC wasn’t any higher than the GB’s but to get the same amount of runoff the BF’s needed a good litre per day more than the GB’s.

I’m very impressed with these new genetics brother. Not a seed or a naner on any of them which I had my eye out for considering the cookies and GG4 genetics don’t have the reputation as being the most stable but I’ve not seen one. So praise goes to the HSO breeders on that one.

I’ve just popped a Dinafem Purps#1 and a Remo Chemo for the next run but after those I’ll be having another look at these new HSO offerings again I think.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 3