Gorilla Breath and Blue Fire test in coco

Rick Grimes

I've been very kindly supplied with these Gorilla Breath and Blue Fire seeds by @HSO-Mark to test out.

This is my first time growing in Coco so I may be asking a few of you for advice and tips. I've got a few soil diaries in the Dinafem section if anyone's interested. 

My only previous experience of HSO is when I grew Blue Dream a few years ago and was very happy with that.

large.IMG_7291.JPG

These are four of the Gorilla Breath (GG4xOGKB). They  are in Canna Pro coco and had a week of 5.8-6.2 PH water with just Rhizotonic, then a few days of Rhizotonic with Intense nutrients A+B at an total EC of 0.5 (background 0.3 and 0.2 of A+B) now they are on 0.7 EC total with Rhizotonic.

large.IMG_7290.JPG

ROOTS! looking about ready for a pot up soon.

large.IMG_7289.JPG

^ these are Blue Fires(Blue Dream x fire OG), currently on just 3ml/l Rhizotonic in 5.8 PH water. They were slow to germ but got there in the end.

They're under T5's and temps are 24-27c. 

All feedback is very gratefully received as always. 

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 8

Another HSO adventure up and running with 2 of our new releases  ;)

@Rick Grimes Thank you for getting this up nice and fast my friend. Let's see what you can do :bong:

Coco can take a bit of getting used to but we have many growers on UK420 who use coco so advice will be plentiful  :bong:

Good luck mate. I'm watching with interest  ;)

Until next time  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

large.IMG_7313.JPG

The Gorilla Breath have grown well since the last update. I’ve raised the feed to 0.8 EC at 5.8-6 ph along with 4ml Rhizotonic and potted them into 1.4 litre pots.

large.IMG_7312.JPG

The Blue Fire are looking good. They’ve had a couple of feeds at 4ml Rhizotonic and 0.6EC (0.3 background+0.3 of A+B) after the top left one in the pic started going a bit pale. Since the feed all new growth looks nice and green.

One of the bulbs has gone in the T5 light so they’re under a 150w CFL at the moment until the replacements that I’ve ordered are delivered.

• Like 5

On 19/01/2019 at 5:38 PM, Seasick Steve said:

Nice start man, those roots look amazing for such a small plant. All the best with them :yep:

:smoke:

Cheers for looking in pal. The Gorilla Breath are looking vigourous at this stage. Fingers crossed it continues.

• Like 3

Those Gorilla breath are looking eager! 

The blue fire are getting there too... Mine seems to want to skip the whole 'first feed' gently, gently approach. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, zibzabz said:

Those Gorilla breath are looking eager! 

The blue fire are getting there too... Mine seems to want to skip the whole 'first feed' gently, gently approach. 

I think you are right pal. I’m sure I remember the HSO Blue dream being a big feeder too so makes sense these could be similar.

• Like 1

On 21/01/2019 at 4:57 PM, Rick Grimes said:

Blue dream being a big feeder too

Correct my friend. Most phenos of Blue Dream are very greedy ladies. I've seen some growers especially outdoor giving 2-3x the recommended dose. I would not advice this but increase as needed. They will let you know if they need more and when to back off :yep:

At this early stage Gorilla Breath does look the more vigorous strain but it's still early and Blue Fire has plenty of time to catch up  ;)

The Gorilla Breath also look to have taken very well to the repotting :yep: . No visable signs of stress and 4 very healthy looking girl's  ;)

Will you be repotting the Blue Fire soon my friend? 

I take it your holding off until your new bulb arrives? 

Looking great from this end. I'll drop back in on the next update buddy :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark

16 hours ago, HSO-Mark said:

At this early stage Gorilla Breath does look the more vigorous strain but it's still early and Blue Fire has plenty of time to catch up  ;)

The Gorilla Breath also look to have taken very well to the repotting :yep: . No visable signs of stress and 4 very healthy looking girl's  ;)

Will you be repotting the Blue Fire soon my friend? 

Yes mate. Both strains don’t lack any vigour but the Blue fires are about a week younger than the Gorilla Breath. 

I’ll be potting them up too either today or tomorrow in time for the next update photos.

• Like 1

Update pics.

large.IMG_7335.JPG

The above pic are the Gorilla Breath, they’re still looking good with a decent amount of growth since last update.

The nodes are super short and more typically indica/afghan type growth on the bottom two in the photo, the top two are slightly longer and more what I think of as OG kush like in growth but it’s still early days so all could change. Feed is same as last update except I’ve swapped Rhizotonic for Intense Nutrients Foundation and they’ve had a couple of squirts of Intense Nutrients Go foliar spray I was given as a free sample from a local hydro shop . When they get potted up again they’ll go under the HPS in the veg tent.

large.IMG_7334.JPG

The Blue Fires were potted up into 1.4 litre pots 2 days ago. The bottom one in the pic is the one that looked a bit unhappy before feeding started but all the new growth looks healthy. Again feed is same as last week bar the swap of root stim and a squirt of the foliar spray.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 5

At this early stage it does look like you have 2 phenos of Gorilla Breath. All 4 plants look indica dominant with a bit of variance  :)

Going to be interesting to watch these develope over the coming week's ;)

Nice job on potting the Blue Fire up. Now they have some room to spread those roots the growth will be more vigorous  ;)

Thank you for adding so much info mate. That's just what we need for new strains growers  :bong:

So far you look in great shape mate  ;)

Keep the updates coming my friend  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark

large.IMG_7363.JPG

Decent roots on the Gorrilla Breath when they were potted up a few days ago and roots are starting to show out the bottom of the new pots already.

large.IMG_7364.JPGlarge.IMG_7365.JPG

Now in 3 litre pots and in the veg tent under HPS light. One started to show signs of calcium defficiency so I added a small amount of calmag to the feed and dropped the PH a point for a couple of feeds. Feed has been 0.3 EC background, 0.2 EC calmag and 0.5 A&B making 1.0 EC total along with 4ml of Foundation root stim. They look ok now but if any coco growers are reading this I’d be grateful hearing if that level of feed sounds about right for a plant at this stage of growth.

They will be topped next week back down to 3 or 4 nodes and the tops will go in the cloner.

large.IMG_7366.JPG

The Blue Fire have taken off since last pot up and looking great. They’re on 0.8 total EC with 4ml of root stim. They’re still under T5 lights but will be moved to the HPS veg tent at next pot up.

• Like 5

@Rick Grimes Very impressive root growth mate and definitely going to benefit from the potting up :yep:

The Gorilla Breath certainly are showing some fast growth . Your e.c at 1.0 or 500 pm is perfect for this stage :yep:

The Blue Fire now potted up should start to kick into a more vigorous growth phase  :bong:

Looking good from here buddy ;)

I would increase feed to the Gorilla Breath to 1.2ec and the Blue Fire to 1.0ec over the next week mate :yep:

Until next time. 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

On 06/02/2019 at 2:17 PM, HSO-Mark said:

I would increase feed to the Gorilla Breath to 1.2ec and the Blue Fire to 1.0ec over the next week mate :yep:

Thanks for that feedback pal. The plants were looking good so I was pretty sure I was on the right track but being new to coco it’s very helpful to hear someone more familiar agree.

large.IMG_7374.JPG

the Blue Fire were potted up into 3 litre pots the middle of last week. The roots were looking nice.

large.IMG_7373.JPG

they are still growing nicely. The feed has been increased as advised to 1.0-1.1EC (0.3 background, 0.2 calmag+ and the rest a+b) along with 4ml/l foundation. These will be topped back down to 4 nodes this week and the tops will go in the aero cloner.

large.IMG_7372.JPG

the Gorilla Breath were topped back down to the 4th node last week and have responded with explosive growth. The tops are in the cloner. Feed has been increased to 1.2-1.3 EC. 

They’ll be potted up into 6 litre square potts this week then I’ll begin tying them down.

I can only flower 6 plants at the most so I’ve got to cull one of the plants at some point. It’s going to be a tough decision which one.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 5

large.IMG_7377.JPG

The Gorrila breaths were potted up into 6 litre pots this morning and I thought these roots deserved an extra photo.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 7