Gorilla Breath and Blue Fire test in coco

Rick Grimes

3 hours ago, Rick Grimes said:

I thought these roots deserved an extra photo.

Now that's some crazy root development mate and definitely in need of the potting up :yep:

Very healthy looking root structure, brilliant white colour , sign of a thriving plant  ;)

I would keep your ppm around the 600/700 (1.2-1.4ec)Mark to see how the plants adapt. So far they are thriving ;)

One thing I would ad into the feed regime would be a weekly flush to help reduce any salt build up in the coco :yep:

Looking fantastic from here :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

large.IMG_7403.JPG

^The Blue Fire were potted up yesterday. The roots were at least as thick as the Gorilla Breath, if not thicker, on two of them. The other was a way behind so that made the decision about which plant was culled. 

large.IMG_7404.JPG

large.IMG_7405.JPGlarge.IMG_7406.JPGlarge.IMG_7407.JPG

The 4 Gorilla breaths are too big for group shots now. They’ll be potted into the 11 litre final pots at the end of the week. They’ve been topped a second time on the main branches and LST has continued.

large.IMG_7408.JPG

^the two remaining blue fire were topped when they were potted up and I’ll start tying them down in a few days when the top shoots have gained some length.

All 4 Gorilla Breath tops rooted in the aero cloner, but took a few days longer than usual, and are in soil now. The blue fire tops have been put in the cloner too.

• Like 3

@Rick Grimes I think a potting up was definitely needed mate, that's some crazy root growth ;)

Very explosive and nice and white just what we want to see ;)

Looking in really good shape mate :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

My apologies to everyone thats following. This weeks update photos are a bit brief and less detailed than usual.

I’ve pulled something in my back somehow that’s seen me in a bit tangle for the past week. So dragging Plants out for photographs hasn’t really been possible.

A friend helped me pot up the gorrilla Breath in their final 11 litre pots and I’ve used a length of plastic tubing with a funnel in the end, I can pour the nutrients into, for feeding without bending over.

large.IMG_7412.JPGlarge.IMG_7411.JPG

This is the 1m^2 veg tent with 400w duel spec light. The hole in the middle of the canopy is where an oil filled radiator is.

Gorilla Breaths are in the four corners, the Blue fires are middle front row and middle back row. Also wedged in there is a Dinafem Auto Blue cheese in a 6 litre pot of coco.

You can see things are getting crowded in there but the Gorilla Breaths will go into the flower tent early next week when some of the Dinachems are finished from my other diary.

The faster growth from the coco looks like I’ll need to reduce plant numbers in future which is a good thing for us.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 3

On 28/02/2019 at 0:32 PM, Rick Grimes said:

My apologies to everyone thats following. This weeks update photos are a bit brief and less detailed than usual.

I’ve pulled something in my back somehow that’s seen me in a bit tangle for the past week.

Absolutely no apology needed mate, rest your back up, don't be hauling heavy pots about and soon you'll be as good as new :yep:

Considering you've been semi out of service the plants still looks happy, healthy and thriving  :bong:

Rest up my friend  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 12/03/2019 at 7:30 PM, HSO-Mark said:

@Rick Grimes is everything ok buddy? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Yes mate. Still having a bit of back trouble so pics aren’t the best but it’s improving and should be better in time for the buds forming.

large.IMG_7460.JPG

The monsterous growth rate of these Gorilla Breaths has really surprised me and caught me a little off guard.

The three plants at the front of the pic are the Dinachems in soil from my other diary. At the back are three Gorilla Breath that have been in the flower tent since the 6th and are stretching for the sky. I’ve had to cut down the fourth Gorilla Breath because there was no way 6 plants were going to fit in here once flowering starts. 

Now I’m down to the 3 Gorilla Breath and 2 Blue Fire so I can spread them out a bit better and things will be more manageable.

All three GB’s are needing 3 litres/day of feed to get a decent run off. Feed is at 1.4 EC at 5.8 ph and plants are looking good.

large.IMG_7462.JPG

In the veg tent the Blue Fire are looking a bit worse for wear after some recent bending but theyll be looking as good as new in a few days time. 

Back left in this tent is an auto Dinafem Blue Cheese in coco and front right are two DP Auto Colorado Cookies that are in soil. The Blue Fire are front left and back right. They’ll be going in the flower tent next week when the Dinachems come down. 

• Like 4

@Rick Grimes Nice to read that your back is in the mend buddy :yep:

Try do as little lifting as possible and you'll be back to 100% in no time  ;)

On 14/03/2019 at 4:02 PM, Rick Grimes said:

Now I’m down to the 3 Gorilla Breath and 2 Blue Fire so I can spread them out a bit better and things will be more manageable.

Sometimes a sacrifice is needed to benefit the remaining crop, good call in my opinion  :yep:

Thank you for such a detailed diary update mate  ;)

I'll drop back in on the next and please rest that back up :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

large.IMG_7479.JPGlarge.IMG_7477.JPGlarge.IMG_7478.JPG

I’m down to 4 plants now, 2 Blue Fire and 2 Gorilla Breath. I put the first Blue Fire in and there was no way 5 plants were going in there as you can see in the canopy pics.

Ive had to bend a few stems to avoid height issues.

The Blue Fire are more compact and manageable. The Gorilla Breaths are stretchy beasts and trying to take over the whole tent. I’m trying to hold them back because I think the Blue Fire will have huge potential from what I’m seeing of them.

feed is up to 1.5 EC and they’re all taking a good 3 litres per day to get a decent runoff. 

Front right and back left GB’s are at 21 days. Back right BF is at day 14 and front left BF is day 7. 

• Like 5

@Rick Grimes You've made the right call buddy by removing one plant  :yep:

4 plants look perfect in that area and now they are hitting full bloom 5 plants in my opinion would have been way to overcrowded  ;)

The GB,s(Gorilla Breath) should now be finished with the stretch phase and bkth BF(Blue Fire) are well underway and getting there stretch on ;)

Thanks for the update buddy  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

On 26/03/2019 at 10:58 AM, Rick Grimes said:

The Gorilla Breaths are stretchy beasts

You're not wrong mate, I thought it was just me but mine ended up in the shade. Partly my fault for vegging them so long waiting for the smaller ones to catch up. I should have flowered them sooner but yes they went wild when I did. They look good for it though.

e2a: Oh yes and I broke a few stems super cropping lol 

:smoke: 

Edited by Seasick Steve
  • Like 1

On 28/03/2019 at 0:35 AM, Seasick Steve said:

You're not wrong mate, I thought it was just me but mine ended up in the shade. Partly my fault for vegging them so long waiting for the smaller ones to catch up. I should have flowered them sooner but yes they went wild when I did. They look good for it though.

e2a: Oh yes and I broke a few stems super cropping lol 

:smoke: 

I agree mate. If they turn out as well as expected I’ll run the clones I’ve taken but train them with a more open structure and flower them when they’re much shorter.

• Like 2