Kushty BX1 / Lemon Dizzle LED grow

seb88

Great result, mine in soil seemed to put a load of weight on early then slow right down gave 0.8gpw between the lemon and some other strains, I gota get myself into coco lol 

• Like 3

Wow mate great post and you done a blinder there with that kushty coming in 1st place,  11+ oz's  :woot: what a result , glad you liked them mate and they performed good for you :yep: ill patiently wait on that smoke report ...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nl5 said:

Great result, mine in soil seemed to put a load of weight on early then slow right down gave 0.8gpw between the lemon and some other strains, I gota get myself into coco lol 

Yeah I noticed your plants started growing chunky flowers really early on! 

Your plants look loads tidier than mine though, did you trim every small branch off just leaving the main ones to get nice and fat? I seemed to have loads of little shoots, trimming was a bit of a nightmare, but maybe that's more due to the Coco or light? Not really sure...

Coco is dead easy though so give it a bash :yep:

12 hours ago, panik said:

Wow mate great post and you done a blinder there with that kushty coming in 1st place,  11+ oz's  :woot: what a result , glad you liked them mate and they performed good for you :yep: ill patiently wait on that smoke report ...

Thanks dude! Yeah that kushty was a monster, wish I had some cuts to run a tent full! I'll have to give the other 2 beans a run later in the year to see if I can find another beaut :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, seb88 said:

Yeah I noticed your plants started growing chunky flowers really early on! 

Your plants look loads tidier than mine though, did you trim every small branch off just leaving the main ones to get nice and fat? I seemed to have loads of little shoots, trimming was a bit of a nightmare, but maybe that's more due to the Coco or light? Not really sure...

Coco is dead easy though so give it a bash :yep:

I gave them a good underskirt trim at around 2 weeks, tried take all that fiddly stuff off. I had a few temperature issues late on I think held mine back, it’s just the daily watering puts me off coco, I’ll give it a go in a few crops time once I have some nice mothers selected.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

324g from the final Kushty, that’s nuts! Nice one! Hoping for half your success and I’ll be happy. It’s funny, I’ve grown the exact same number of plants and same strains as you, also under LED, I even have the same bloody purple tray that you weighed them on - so fingers crossed this copycat gets the same result!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reflektor said:

324g from the final Kushty, that’s nuts! Nice one! Hoping for half your success and I’ll be happy. It’s funny, I’ve grown the exact same number of plants and same strains as you, also under LED, I even have the same bloody purple tray that you weighed them on - so fingers crossed this copycat gets the same result!

Cheers dude - I was blown away tbh. It was a monster but did end up stealing some grow space away from the others.

Good luck with yours mate they seem to be coming along nicely!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've seen both your grows now mate and it's inspiring to see as someone who is in the process of building my DIY room and looking into a DIY cob lighting. 

I have a couple of questions about the lights if you would be able to help me, what spacing have you got the cobs at in the frame? And are you using reflectors or just bare? 

Thanks 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pp1188 said:

I've seen both your grows now mate and it's inspiring to see as someone who is in the process of building my DIY room and looking into a DIY cob lighting. 

I have a couple of questions about the lights if you would be able to help me, what spacing have you got the cobs at in the frame? And are you using reflectors or just bare? 

Thanks 

Cheers buddy :)

I have 3x1m rails with 4 COBs per rail, which sets them out at approx 290mm centres.

The rails themselves are on 400mm centres. When I was looking into it the recommended spacing was 300mm centres (if your running them at 50w per COB), so it's a slight compromise to suit my 1.2m tent.

I run mine without the reflectors. In my mind this should give a more even coverage with less hot spots, but I've not tested them back to back to compare so could be wrong!

I thought I'd update with a bit of a review / smoke report now they've all had a good cure. 

Kushty - Both plants looked fairly different while they were growing but they both taste and smell pretty much the same. They have a slightly musky/spicy taste to them but it's not overpowering and is a lovely smoke. I find the high really creeps up on me and leaves me pretty cabbaged so I've been saving it for a joint before bedtime. I don't have the biggest tolerance though! 

Lemon D # 1 - This plant had fairly small but dense buds. There was a citrusy smell to this early on in flower but now it's dried I'd say it has a skunky smell with a slight sweetness to it. The buds look like they are covered in gold dust there's that many trichomes on them! The first few tokes give me a really tickly throat. The high isn't as overpowering as the kush but it seems to creep up slowly and just leaves me nicely battered :smokin: I still have plenty of energy so it doesn't stop me doing anything.

Lemon D # 2 - I was a little disappointed when I saw the buds were alot lighter and airier than the rest during the last couple of weeks of flower, thinking it may have needed more growing time. But I was wrong, this has to be the pick of the crop for me! The smell is really complex. There's a definite lemon pudding sort of smell to it, and maybe a slight appley smell? The buds are nice and sticky, I can't stop sniffing my fingers after breaking them up cos it smells so good!! The taste really is beautiful, it's not massively lemony but definitely leaves a fruity taste in your mouth. My mates who are all pretty fussy had a sample and loved it!  

I'm properly shit at trying to explain taste and smell so looking forward to see what the other growers think :rofl:

I'm planning on doing a couple more of each strain later in the year so will probably update this thread around harvest time :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Sargares said:

Good work @seb88

What's the next project? 

Got some affiedaze currently that will be getting chopped in the next week or so, and have another 2 outside that seem to be doing ok despite the weather...

Having a few weeks away soon so next grow will be September time :yep:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, seb88 said:

Got some affiedaze currently that will be getting chopped in the next week or so, and have another 2 outside that seem to be doing ok despite the weather...

Having a few weeks away soon so next grow will be September time :yep:

Very cool. 

Running cuts or more beans in September? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sargares said:

Very cool. 

Running cuts or more beans in September? 

I've got another 2 beans each of lemon drizzle and kush to use up so will give them another run for now mate :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Very similar experience to you Seb - after a month of curing the Kush appears mild at first but comes on really strong if you keep on toking, leaves me battered for hours with that typical Kush eyeball/brain numbing feeling. Really good for unwinding, and completely removes any pain I’m feeling, especially my dodgy jaw muscles which give me jip. Strong earthy skunk smell too. 

the lemon is the same as yours too, lovely frosty buds and a little harsher on the throat if you hit it hard but a nice sweet smell and taste, and a good daytime stone that is pleasant to keep chuffing away on.

I’ve had loads of really good compliments on this crop, one mate called it the best ‘artisan’ gear he’s tried  :) 

• Like 2