Kushty BX1 / Lemon Dizzle LED grow

seb88

Hello :hippy:

Massive thanks to @panik for kindly offering out some seeds to test out.

This is only my second grow so I'm still a total noob and will probably be asking for lots of help along the way!

They will be starting off in a 0.75x0.75x1m veg tent under an LED quantum board (150w 4000k) - thanks @diyleduk :yep:

I started out by dropping 3 of each strain into water with some nitrozym in. Left them 24 hours before dropping into root root cubes

axmpme.jpg

vwtymr.jpg

All 6 seeds popped within 72 hours. A couple of them needed a little help removing the seed casing but they dropped off easy enough :)

The seedlings were then transferred into 1 litre airpots

28h0dxd.jpg

2yl37l0.jpg

The plan is to pick the 2 best of each strains to flower in my 1.2x1.2x2m tent.

They will be under a 600w DIY COB setup (3500k)

Here's a shot of them by the side of my current grow :)

2dkwpiv.jpg

I'll be using Coco and Canna nutes.

Any questions give me a shout, thanks for reading :smokin:

Seb

• Like 13

That's a nice clean set up you have there. 

Im gonna take a pew and watch how these ones go.

good luck with your latest adventure..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We are now over a week in and I'll be potting 4 up into their next pots this weekend.

I've managed to over water these a bit. Was watering once a day which was fine when I was using perlite in my coco, but now I'm 100% coco they are holding onto the water a fair bit more! 

I also managed to knock my central heating off one day this week so came home to 15degC root temps one day :thumbdown:

They are also looking a little yellow so I'll start increasing the feed a little

2hzk409.jpg

x55ht2.jpg

15qajwh.jpg

• Like 3

I'm now down to 4 plants (2 Kushty BX1 and 2 Lemon Dizzle). They've been topped at the 4th node and all seem to be recovering well.

They are filling up the veg tent fast and will be getting moved into the bigger tent next week.

Here we are on day 24

mou47.jpg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, panik said:

Looking great mate nice and lush doing a fine job with these , looking pretty uniform and consistent aswell :yep: 

Thanks man :cheers: they've certainly improved and are growing fast! The stems seem really chunky for their height

I wanted to ask, what are you expecting in terms of heights from the plants?

Just wondering if I need to do any other training to keep them from growing too tall. My tent is 2m high :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seb88 said:

Thanks man :cheers: they've certainly improved and are growing fast! The stems seem really chunky for their height

I wanted to ask, what are you expecting in terms of heights from the plants?

Just wondering if I need to do any other training to keep them from growing too tall. My tent is 2m high :)

They should stretch in flower mate as the parents of the Lemon Dizzle are both stretchers , the Kushty BX1 may double id say,..

• Like 1

Morning :skin_up:

I've done a bit of defol to remove the biggest fan leaves and they have really perked up nicely these last couple of days.

They've also just been moved over into the bigger tent and will be getting potted up into 7.5litres this evening.

2yuimc8.jpg

I'm wondering if I should be doing any further topping of the lemon dizzles now to attempt to keep the overall height down, or whether I'll just have to supercrop the tall branches if they get too high. Any tips?

• Like 6

Here's a couple I took today. I'll be flipping to 12/12 tomorrow.

One of the kushty's has shot up to 17" tall, the others are all 13".

They are also now in their final pots. I've kept the lemon dizzle's (front of tent) in 9litres to try keep the height manageable, kushty's are in 20litres. 

epptn4.jpg

i60ax0.jpg

• Like 9

Bloody ell you don’t hang about lol good work mate looking nice. A couple of my kushtys are looking like the might get tall. 

Keep up the good work mate 

• Like 2

Haha have I left them in veg a bit too long? :doh:

I'm not too sure what to expect. I'm hoping I can just raise the shorter plants to match the canopy of the stretchy ones. I may end up regretting running both strains together but guess I will find out in the next couple of weeks :)

• Like 2