Kushty BX1 / Lemon Dizzle LED grow

seb88

Just come to the end of week 6 (day 42)

I have some purpling coming through on the lemon dizzle's branches, especially where they have been bent over. Temps have been fine so assume this is just a strain trait? Look healthy otherwise :)

Looks like there's still a few weeks left to go on both strains. The kushty's are definitely a little weightier right now. 

@panik are the lemons expected to take a couple of weeks longer? I'm wondering if I should aim to finish the kushty's sooner or keep it simple and give them the same feed to the end.

Sorry for the poor quality photo's it's a bit tricky to get in there now...

Lemon Dizzle (front)

1zv946t.jpg

333hcar.jpg

Kushty

1zyxaiw.jpg

333hcar.jpg

• Like 10

Alright folks :)

We are 7 weeks in now (day 49)

I think there's about 2 weeks left so planning on feeding for another week and flushing for the final 5-7 days.

Kushty BX1 #1

2wnb8qs.jpg

Kushty BX1 #2

2ce2eeg.jpg

Lemon Dizzle #1

(This doesn't look like a huge yielder but the buds look so tasty :naughty:)

143135t.jpg

2d780vb.jpg

Lemon Dizzle #2

2dv23hc.jpg

Not long now :skin_up:

Edited by seb88
  • Like 11

Morning :)

We are 8 weeks in today (day 56)

One kushty and one lemon dizzle looks pretty much ready. The other two look like they have another week or so to go.

I've reduced the feed EC down to 1.2 and will tail it off over the next week, before feeding plain water for the last couple of days.

Have given them a further defol and will continue to remove some fan leaves to give them a bit of breathing room before the chop.

27xklmf.jpg

Kushty 1 

2ccs8ix.jpg

33mamiw.jpg

Lemon Dizzle 1

2mebcdf.jpg

Lemon Dizzle 2

4j17rm.jpg

• Like 15

Just caught up on your thread, looks lovely buddy fairplay, what's your expectations on feild? Looks like a bumper crop lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CuriousGreenHand said:

Just caught up on your thread, looks lovely buddy fairplay, what's your expectations on feild? Looks like a bumper crop lol

Thanks pal! I have no idea really, maybe 20-25oz? They've swelled up nicely this last week.

Tonight is there first feed of plain water, and I'll be chopping them down on thursday.

We will find out soon enough :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, seb88 said:

Thanks pal! I have no idea really, maybe 20-25oz? They've swelled up nicely this last week.

Tonight is there first feed of plain water, and I'll be chopping them down on thursday.

We will find out soon enough :)

That seems conservative lol be good to see yeild difference between 600hps and led, I imagine we are of similar capability so be good for me as I plan to use a led in the near future ;)

Edited by CuriousGreenHand
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CuriousGreenHand said:

That seems conservative lol be good to see yeild difference between 600hps and led, I imagine we are of similar capability so be good for me as I plan to use a led in the near future ;)

I managed 35oz on my first grow but had 9 plants squeezed in (northern lights and big bud). It doesn't look like I'll get quite as much but these buds look and smell so much better :naughty:

• Like 4

@seb88 if I get anywhere near 20oz I will be so bloody happy ha ha 9months of smoke for me lol 35oz... awesome effort bet that lasted awhile ;) I would always favour quality over quantity, I would say over 25oz but then they say camera adds 5lbs lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :)

Plants are now chopped and should be ready to go in jars in the next couple of days.

I did borrow a mates DSLR to get some nice harvest shots, but managed to delete everything on the memory card trying to transfer onto my laptop... FFS! :wallbash:

Didn't take any on my phone so have nothing to share I'm afraid :crybaby:

they were all looking lush aswell...

Anyway here they are drying. I'll get some more bud shots before they go in the jars and should have a yield for each plant if anyone's interested.

v7upnr.jpg

2eok7xh.jpg

Cheers

Seb

• Like 8

Pukka mate great job you done there , looks like a nice haul, so how long you take them all in the end 8weeks?? let me know what smells an weights you got off them ? :yep: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, panik said:

Pukka mate great job you done there , looks like a nice haul, so how long you take them all in the end 8weeks?? let me know what smells an weights you got off them ? :yep: 

Cheers bud! I took them down at 9 weeks. One of the lemons looked like it could have maybe done another week but I didn't have the space to chop it any later. 

They all have a gorgeous smell to them. The kushty's have a sweet sickly stench and the lemon dizzles are really citrusy, one smells just like lemonade:skin_up:

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, seb88 said:

Cheers bud! I took them down at 9 weeks. One of the lemons looked like it could have maybe done another week but I didn't have the space to chop it any later. 

They all have a gorgeous smell to them. The kushty's have a sweet sickly stench and the lemon dizzles are really citrusy, one smells just like lemonade:skin_up:

Nice mate hope you like them,.. :yep: 

• Like 1

Alright folks :)

Welcome to the weigh in :magic:

All plants were trimmed wet, then again when dry (I don't like any left over leaf/stalk in my jars).

I'll go from smallest to biggest in yield

Coming in 4th place is Lemon Dizzle #1. This pheno had really small tightly packed buds. It had a lemony smell during the grow but this has faded a bit now it's in the jars. Still looks like it should be a very nice smoke.

Yield = 116g / 4.14oz

25uqyqb.jpg

2h5kw2u.jpg

3rd place goes to Kushty BX1 #2

Mostly fairly small fairly tightly packed buds. Nice and sweet/sickly smell to it

Yield = 142g / 5.07oz

2h5kw2u.jpg

2nd place goes to Lemon Dizzle #2

The buds from this plant smell gorgeous. I'd say it smells like lemonade, really lemony with a little fizz.

The lower down buds are pretty fluffy and lightweight. I think it could have done with another week or two to fill out but I didn't have the space/time unfortunately. Still there's a nice wedge to get through!

Yield = 218g / 7.79oz

21jokxs.jpg

2l9rsle.jpg

w9g19l.jpg

And in 1st place is Kushty BX1 #1

This plant was an absolute beauty! It was already a few inches taller than the rest when I flipped the lights, and it continued to spread out and stole some light space from the other plants as it stretched, and it properly stretched! There's not a single bit of popcorn on this. Supercropping worked really well leaving loads of nice fat buds all at canopy height. It smells and looks similar to the other kushty but the nuggets are chunkier :)

Yield = 324g / 11.57oz

1415kbm.jpg

10hr5g5.jpg

Total yield = 800g / 28.57oz

1.333gpw

Really happy with that considering the different pheno's.

I've also got 40g of trim from the final dry trim so will bake some cakes with that :)

@panik thanks for letting me give these beans a try out! Hopefully I've done them justice. 

I'm always up for a freebie so lemme know if you have any others you want running :notworthy:

I'll give them all a sample very soon and will update with a smoke report!

Thanks for reading

Seb

• Like 11