Two strain, Sapphire Scout and OGSK test grow

ratdog

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

I thought there was an issue with the Zkittlez name?

With Dinafem yes we could not use that name so we are trying to find a work around ;)

Not HSO related mate :yep:

I assume you ask due to OGKZ? That's still fine and part of the HSO line ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

I assume you ask due to OGKZ? That's still fine and part of the HSO line ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

That's great news mate, I reckon this and the SS will do very well here :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ratdog said:

That's great news mate, I reckon this and the SS will do very well here :)

I'm really pleased with all the 6 new HSO releases mate ;)

Not seen a bad plant yet :yep:

The 3 breath strains Gorilla, Sugar and OGKZ all have crazy crystal coverage, be interesting to see what yield they pull in when extracted  ;)

Glad you happy with them buddy  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

Sadly one of the plants has hermied and there's quite a lot of seeds in the bud, my mate has just phoned me to say and I've found more in the bud I have here. It doesn't look to be in the two I'm trying to reveg, but it's a damn shame :(

• Like 2

Just now, tokenroll said:

@ratdog which strain hermied?

Toke...

Not 100% sure mate, I took out the label in the jar I have that's affected, I think it's a Zkittlez, I found a seed or two in the first buds I ground up of the Z but only 2 in a quarter of bud so didn't think anything of it, then a mate of my mate reported a few in his bud and now my mate has just rung to say he found more. I've looked at mine and only found four in the buds I looked at but will look at more as it gets smoked, I don't want to mess it about before I smoke it atm, hopefully it isn't going to be shit loads :unsure:

I looked at my other jars of SS and ZK and they seem ok, so I'm hoping it was just one plant.

• Like 3

From what i have been reading in diaries elsewhere running these yank strains is that most seem to hermie near the end of the said harvest window. My dark plasma will do the same thing which means i have to harvest early every time  and not go by the trichomes certainly not ideal but it is what it is cookie strains can also hit you the same. Thanks for adding the info much appreciated.

Toke...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ratdog said:

Sadly one of the plants has hermied and there's quite a lot of seeds in the bud, my mate has just phoned me to say and I've found more in the bud I have here. It doesn't look to be in the two I'm trying to reveg, but it's a damn shame :(

I just had the same with a different breeders zkittlez cross :mellow: 

I’m not sure I’ll go near anymore American genetics, is it worth the risk for a few % extra thc... 

• Like 4

It's both strains now for sure,  there's still bud to go through, maybe gone through half so far and it's about 60 seeds so far.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ratdog said:

It's both strains now for sure,  there's still bud to go through, maybe gone through half so far and it's about 60 seeds so far.

Is it both strains that hermied mate or one that has effected the other? 

Never good to read about any hermi issue :(

Hopefully the flowers are salvageable and still pack a punch  :yep:

Look out for a PM mate  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just to say there was a lot of seeds in both plants, I just ground up 4-5 grams and out fell about 40 seeds out of the SS, that one seems the worst one of the two. Shame as the smoke is some of the best I have had.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2019 at 6:19 PM, ratdog said:

Just to say there was a lot of seeds in both plants, I just ground up 4-5 grams and out fell about 40 seeds out of the SS, that one seems the worst one of the two. Shame as the smoke is some of the best I have had.

That is a real shame mate :(

I'll get this reported to the breed team  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..