Two strain, Sapphire Scout and OGSK test grow

ratdog

On 11/03/2019 at 6:49 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

thats a happy looking bunch you got going on in there chap ..im quite enjoying the ease at which these grow ..

A very happy looking bunch  ;)

Thanks for the feedback brother  :yep:

From what I'm seeing from the 6 new HSO releases is they are quite easy to grow for all levels of growers  :bong:

We should start getting some reports on the end product soon also as some grows are not far from completion  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

ill be putting some blackd og in the tent soon and i might start some sour blueberry off as well ..new terps for us this year it seems .

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 7:55 PM, HSO-Mark said:

Just keep doing what you are doing mate and everything should be plane sailing  ;)

You would have to have a major disaster to mess up and I can't see that happening  :yep:

Thank you for the added info on the scratch in bloom :) nice to hear they have been manageable  :yep:

I can not see anymore vertical growth and now focus will be on big fat bud production and trichome development has kicked in :bong:

All is looking good from here my friend  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Thanks for the kind words mark, I have been a little late to water a couple of times, but they just bounced back, the root balls must be well-developed I reckon, they take a full watering and are ready again in less than 48 hours.

Day 28 in flower

large.5c8e22f66d3f6_SSandOGZKallin17th.jpglarge.5c8e226ac1526_cola317th.jpglarge.5c8e22690e004_cola217th.jpglarge.5c8e22676a7f7_cola117th.jpg

They are on 1ml of bloom and 1ml of fishmix, I may lower this as they have a few burnt tips from the bloom, just shows how strong this bloom stuff is.

• Like 7

Looking great Ratdog.  Did you have the root it mat touching the pots or diffuse it through a layer?  I’ve found them difficult to judge in the past with the copper temp probe.  Like you think I’ve over cooked root balls!  What number do you have it on to keep them ticking over?

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grooving said:

Looking great Ratdog.  Did you have the root it mat touching the pots or diffuse it through a layer?  I’ve found them difficult to judge in the past with the copper temp probe.  Like you think I’ve over cooked root balls!  What number do you have it on to keep them ticking over?

:oldtoker:

Hello mate, I have the digital root it stats connected to the old heat mats now, so can dial it in way more accurate, I've set them at 23oC now (but tends to read about 21.5 so seems about right), and they seem to be very happy. I still have a mat with the old copper probe, I just keep it at about 2, I reckon any higher and it's good night Vienna!

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

On 17/03/2019 at 10:40 AM, ratdog said:

Thanks for the kind words mark, I have been a little late to water a couple of times, but they just bounced back, the root balls must be well-developed I reckon, they take a full watering and are ready again in less than 48 hours.

Valuable info to know buddy especially for new growers of this strain  ;)

Is it me or do all these new additions look to be crystal/trichome producing monsters? 

For just day 28 that coverage is out of this world, definitely a extract makers wet dream lol

Looking spot on mate and thank you as always for the diary update  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark

one thing ive noticed is all the strains ive done from hso are frosty ...big frosty ,looks like yours are well on the way to being able to blutac notes to the fridge  @ratdog

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

one thing ive noticed is all the strains ive done from hso are frosty ...big frosty ,looks like yours are well on the way to being able to blutac notes to the fridge  @ratdog

You always know the right thing to say buddy ;)

They are frosty girls I must admit :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark

Day 38 in flower here in the pound.

A slight feeding error has seen the plants pale somewhat, and some damage to the leaves, I was feeding 2ml fishmix and should have just added some bloom but I thought it might be too much, I was wrong, a couple got hungry but I added a boost of some fishmix and it seems to have stemmed the problem, so I have just feed them again with 2.5ml of fishmix and 0.5 of bloom to see how they go.

large.5c9b66738e25e_cola427th.jpglarge.5c9b667548d62_cola327th.jpglarge.5c9b667a8a43e_cola127th.jpglarge.5c9b667c3d9af_Cola227th.jpglarge.5c9b6685a6dc7_allin27th.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/03/2019 at 7:59 PM, HSO-Mark said:

From what I'm seeing from the 6 new HSO releases is they are quite easy to grow for all levels of growers  :bong:

Yes Mark, even the abuse I'm giving them and they're still battling through. They've missed a few waterings from being late home and they've had their heads stuffed into the bulb and been burnt for a few days but they still look good :yep: 

On 19/03/2019 at 7:14 PM, HSO-Mark said:

Is it me or do all these new additions look to be crystal/trichome producing monsters? 

Mine are starting to frost up, they are very sticky as well. Not as frosty looking as yours @ratdog in those pics at the top, they look like they got icing sugar on them. lol 

Lovely looking plants mate, I said you wouldn't need any luck with your green fingers. :lucky:

:smoke: 

• Like 3

On 28/03/2019 at 0:22 AM, Seasick Steve said:

Yes Mark, even the abuse I'm giving them and they're still battling through. They've missed a few waterings from being late home and they've had their heads stuffed into the bulb and been burnt for a few days but they still look good :yep: 

Considering your torture test lol I would say they are looking great and proves they are quite hardy strains :yep:

Yes, they could have used a bit more feed, with that said the flower and trichome coverage is impressive and gling to increase as harvest gets closer  ;)

Looking good from here buddy and as always thank you for the diary update  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

Day 47 in flower

I have the borg again, they really are a pita, will spray the whole tent when these girls are finished. Hopefully they will be done in the next 2-3 weeks, I'm just removing the worst affected leaves as I see them, I don't want to spray them this late, and a bit of exfoliation can't hurt according to some.

large.5ca74a142b389_bud15th.jpglarge.5ca74a17ba307_Bud25th.jpglarge.5ca74a1a40c1b_Bud35th.jpglarge.5ca74a1c078c7_bud45th.jpglarge.5ca74a1e539b0_bud55th.jpglarge.5ca74a22a2982_allin5th.jpg

Well it looks like I've averted a catastrophe with the feeding error, I would have expected them to look much worse by now normally lol

• Like 4

18 hours ago, ratdog said:

I have the borg again

You have my every sympathy having been a victim of the little b*stards myself on several occasions. That sinking feeling you get in your stomach as you find them is awful especially when things are going so well

The plants are looking really nice especially considering the invaders and the feed hiccup. They’re filling out nicely and the slight fade is showing some nice colours. 

Awesome skills Brother.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rick Grimes said:

You have my every sympathy having been a victim of the little b*stards myself on several occasions. That sinking feeling you get in your stomach as you find them is awful especially when things are going so well

The plants are looking really nice especially considering the invaders and the feed hiccup. They’re filling out nicely and the slight fade is showing some nice colours. 

Awesome skills Brother.

Hello Rick, yeah it's that moment you think, how the fuck, not again! but I think I can control them by hand and get across the line without spraying. Thanks for the kind words mate, means a lot :)

On 4/5/2019 at 2:37 PM, TheGr33nMan said:

hey Ratdog your plants look excellent.which plant is Sapphire Scout

Hello GM, again, thanks for the kind words, the SS are the fatter more elongated colas, I'll try to remember to add names next time, I'm sure the SS will yield more per plant than the OG's

cheers guys :)

• Like 1