A bakers dozen. Real Gorillas!

cocopips

On 4/24/2019 at 8:14 AM, panik said:

They look lovely mate love seeing them darken up like that , and there proper stinkers ain’t they , hope you enjoy mate , :yep: 

Yea was unexpected having them go like that, i dunno if the cold temps did it, i have been struggling to keep the leaves green on them all throughout this grow, i think its affected the yield a bit but the smell is definately strong on most of them, im chopping tomoz and cant wait to get them dry and sampled! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cocopips said:

Yea was unexpected having them go like that, i dunno if the cold temps did it, i have been struggling to keep the leaves green on them all throughout this grow, i think its affected the yield a bit but the smell is definately strong on most of them, im chopping tomoz and cant wait to get them dry and sampled! 

These need a tad longer veg mate really they don't stretch much , I should of mentioned or told you, I will update the website with that info aswell for others in the future , plus they can be very fussy with nutes , but the end results are pukka if you dial these in,..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Heys peeps hope everyone is well. Just an update on where we at with this strain.

Everything is boxed up, labelled and slowly getting evaluated, ile just post the pics and explain whats happening:

large.PSX_20190513_100212.jpglarge.PSX_20190513_100123.jpglarge.PSX_20190513_100105.jpglarge.PSX_20190513_100046.jpglarge.PSX_20190513_100029.jpglarge.PSX_20190513_100010.jpglarge.PSX_20190513_095950.jpglarge.PSX_20190513_095932.jpglarge.PSX_20190513_095853.jpg

These are the 8 out of 12 that made it past the first stage. The 8 plants at the bottom are showing new growth already after 2 weeks of revegging.

Out of the 8 i got 3 of them standing out for me but they all ok. Number 3/5/8 i like the most.

large.PSX_20190513_095834.jpg

Hard to see under the hps glow but i got number 3 and number 8 that managed to root in flower here, the one in the back is the pineapple chunk (i run out and need her in my life). Its only a coincedence that 3 and 8 are my favs and those are the ones that rooted, pure luck that is.

large.PSX_20190513_095809.jpglarge.PSX_20190513_095749.jpg

And this is why its a bakers dozen! This is number 13 and she is very lucky because she was nearly discarded after performing the least in veg. But i stuck with her, she was doing no harm vegging in the corner and just got bigger and bigger and bigger. Ive had issues with ph and feeds but she looking ok atm. I put her in an 18ltr final pot of coco, and put a net over her. She not filled the net cos its just not a plant for scrogging, no stertch indica she is like a shrub and i wanted to spread her out a bit. I flipped her friday and will just let her go for it.

Thanks for looking peeps ile keep you posted 

• Like 3

Forgot this pic, these are the others that not made it to the second stage and havnt been revegged. 

large.PSX_20190513_095913.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work mate so are you revegging your favs, taking cuts and going to flower them out again? whats the smell like and have you smoked any yet??

• Like 1

Had a little smoke of a couple but not tried all yet. Gave some my friend to try aswel. Smells are varied, number 8 seems to have held onto its skunky smell and is getting another run. Lots of earthy flavours too, broken up it turns more fuely and acrid. 

Yea basically the 8 im revegging im probably gonna give 3 another run then pick a keeper out of the 3.

So far i like no3 no5 and no8.

Im not sure wether to flower the revegged plant and keep the cuts back because the revegged plant should be a good size when im ready to flower again. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update , i had to chop 13 it just wasnt performing how it should, i dunno what was wrong with it but its the reason why i never flowered it to start with. Oh well no drama, i put another cut of number 3 in there to veg out for a few weeks.

Ile take a couple of pics as soon as i can. In the other tent number 3 and 8 are doing great and are about 2 weeks in flower 

• Like 1

Pics as promised:

Number 3 the keeper

large.PSX_20190528_091050.jpg

Number 8 came a close second 

large.PSX_20190528_091030.jpg

Group shot with pineapple chunk at the back

large.PSX_20190528_091007.jpg

As you can see these are much much healthier than the first time round, the only thing i can think of was the coco i used which is the poundland bricks, ive always used them so must be a dodgy batch or i not soaked them enough or ph was out.

Ive only kept number 3 as it was the best, with the coco issue it makes me wonder wether it was the best or just suffered the least, ile never know. I can reveg number 8 again if it turns out to be a better smoke this time around. 

Ive also got number 3 vegging in the other tent on its own, im gonna veg for another 4 weeks then i gotta flower it cos 8 weeks from then im on holiday so i will just hang it while im away. 

Happy days peeps! Another great strain from panik and the team, blows the ghost train haze i did before out the water and some are saying 3 is better than the chunk cut that ive been growing for 2 years! And fingers crossed i got these dialed in the sweet spot they can only get better.

Thanks again, will update you in a couple of weeks

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Week 5 update, these are better that the first time around, cant wait untill these are done, the smells are divine, so sweet and so sticky!

large.PSX_20190614_104607.jpglarge.PSX_20190614_104549.jpg

group shot with p.chunk at the backlarge.PSX_20190614_104450.jpg

• Like 6

Nice mate, been looking for diaries on this strain as I have literally just had a Dozen pop out the soil myself.

• Like 2

I’ve just finished three of these, was definitely a knockout stone but I found it taste very bland, needs a decent veg as well as they don’t stretch very much.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Jstaff said:

taste very bland

I actually go for couch lock strains, I like the body melt over the high, so naturally anything advertised as strong body stone I try to have a grow.

This said GG4 sadly it has always been lacking flavour, I think its the genetic make-up of the strain, but every time a breeder uses another strain to try and add flavour it looses that really potent body hit IMO.

Done A Cheese cross and a KGBeans Psychosis cross last year, and what you add in flavour you loose on strain. Soon discovered I actually like the GG4 as is. Might even try a little Terpinator on mine see if they turn up anything.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, GreenVision said:

Nice mate, been looking for diaries on this strain as I have literally just had a Dozen pop out the soil myself.

I been following your ztittzo diary for the same reason, although not popped mine yet, 

@Jstaff totally agree they need a little longer to veg as dont stretch much, not quite pure indica theres still enough sat in it to form a decent cola. 

Id have to say i had a mixed bag when it came to taste, out of 12 i had 3 that stood out for me and they werent bland, some of the others were a bit but out of a 12 pack you should find one or two worth running again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cocopips said:

out of a 12 pack you should find one or two worth running again.

I still have 9 in the stash so I’ll definitely get around to running those at some point 

• Like 2