Report 1 - Crystal Candy Automatic

large_45.jpg

All 3x Crystal Candy automatics have been fairly easy to grow with little fuss about nutrients and is consistant in terms of end product.  All automatics have been chopped after 10 weeks from germination, which is my ususal target for an automatic.  Total weight of the Crystal Candy automatic grown in 7L pots was quite alright: 142.5g total or an avg. of 47.5g per plant and they had an average height of about 70cm with little variation between them.  Overall, a stable strain with good results.

Buds have been curing for a few months in  glass jars.   The smell is very smooth, but not as sweet or candy like as i've known from its photoperiod cousin.  I would say, more floral type smell with nuances of orange and pine.  Some hard nugs nevertheless. :yep:

large_131.jpg

The smoke is very smooth with pine flavour and a bit minty flavour too.  The high is what you would expect from the an indica plant -  relaxing type high.  No overpowering couchlock, but very good smoke after a long day at work and unwinding the stress or watching a good movie.

Things have changed quite a bit since the first automatics arrived on the market.   Crystal Candy auto proves again, that automatics can provide solid nugs that gets you buzzed.  All this, under 10 weeks from seed - Amazing!   Nevertheless, I was looking for more similarities with its photoperiod cousin, especially the bubble gum pheno and didn't get lucky.  Yet, the crystal candy auto proves to be a good automatic on its own.  I would still grow her again, knowing what to expect. :v: 

large.5cbdc60835b9b_S20190422_0002(2).jpg

Hope you enjoyed the first report.  Got 11 more to go during the next couple of weeks. :skin_up:

• Like 9

Incredible diary and grow :yep: 11 more to go, id like to be In your taste testing department :in_love: :skin_up:Look forward to seeing and reading about the rest:yep:

• Like 2

It is amazing how autos have come on since the first lowryder i did about 10 years ago - i think i maybe got about a quarter of very nice fruity smelling stuff but with almost no high.

• Like 3

Fantastic plants AT . Yep ,autos aren't what they were ,they're much better . Take care and enjoy the fruits ! 

• Like 3

Nice detailed smoke report @AustrianTokker and only 11 more to go, ohh what a chore that is having to sample all those different buds, just let me know if you need any help :)

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 3

On 22.4.2019 at 8:34 PM, Woodie2010 said:

Incredible diary and grow :yep: 11 more to go, id like to be In your taste testing department :in_love: :skin_up:Look forward to seeing and reading about the rest:yep:

Thanks Woodie!  Have been sampling most already.  Probably the reason why i have been less active on the site. :D

On 22.4.2019 at 8:34 PM, highgrower said:

It is amazing how autos have come on since the first lowryder i did about 10 years ago - i think i maybe got about a quarter of very nice fruity smelling stuff but with almost no high.

We both did the LR back then and both complained about it, as i recall.  But ever since i've grown sweet seeds automatics, it completely changed my opinion on autos. :yep:

On 22.4.2019 at 9:45 PM, Michael Luchóg said:

Fantastic plants AT . Yep ,autos aren't what they were ,they're much better . Take care and enjoy the fruits ! 

Thanks Michael! :v:

17 hours ago, botanics said:

Quality growing in here throughout and the end results speak of it....outstanding buds! :yep: 

Been a joy botanics.  Have had very few issues with sweet seeds and plenty of good strains in their catalogue. 

35 minutes ago, Serpent said:

Nice detailed smoke report @AustrianTokker and only 11 more to go, ohh what a chore that is having to sample all those different buds, just let me know if you need any help :)

Hi Serps.  I could certainly use some help with the tasting and smoking.  Just book a flight to Austria! ;)

• Like 5

Tidy grow man, very sweet!:unsure:

I'm growing the photo period crystal candy from sweet seeds now (into wk5 bloom) and can't wait, your report's got me all impatient.

Report 2: Cream Manderine Auto

large_57.jpg

I had a few issues with Cream Manderine Auto during the first weeks of growth.  2 of the 3 girls remained in smaller pots and yielded less than my avg. because of it.  The reason they stayed in smaller pots is that they were a bit "freakish".  Not quite sure what the reason for it was, but i suspect the compost was a little hot at the beginning, as i've seen no other grower having the same issues with that strain.  Total yield from 3 girls was 70,8g.  Although one of the girls in the 7L pot had something about 50g and the remaining 20g came from the 2 smaller "freakish" plants in smaller 3L pots. 

large_132.jpg

The smells are very sweet and intense from this strain.  The name of this strain doesn't mislead - Strong manderine, orange type smell present on all three.   Even the freaks turned out nice and ultra frosty.  Would be a good strain for resin if that's your thing.

The buzz is quite strong as well.  Once again, leaning more towards the indica type.  Relaxing feeling that last quite a while for an auto. 
If you are into Manderine type flavour - this Auto will please you. :v:

large_134.jpglarge_135.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this report. :guitar:  10 more to go...

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

Tidy grow man, very sweet!:unsure:

I'm growing the photo period crystal candy from sweet seeds now (into wk5 bloom) and can't wait, your report's got me all impatient.

Hi Fatboy.  Have grown the crystal candy a few times.  You have made a good decision, as its one of my favourite strains from their catalogue.  I only had one plant this time, but i did a whole diary just on crystal candy during the last competition. Check out "Welcome to my Candy Shop" in my signature.  :v:  Enjoy!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, H + H2O said:

Hi @AustrianTokker, as a matter of interest which of the SS genetics would you rate as your fav 3 in terms of taste and potency? Cheers. 

Tough one, but the 3 i reach the most for are probably:

Gorilla Girl, because it has a  complex flavour:  hashy, kush, coffee, compost.  i love it!  Quite strong indica as well.

Psicodelicia.  which is more of a recent discovery.  Grown it 3x and don't seem to disapoint with it's ultra frosty buds.  More subtle sweet flavour with hints of berries.  Very smooth smoke though and very interesting high, good for being social if you don't over do it.

Crystal Candy.  It has that super sweet bubble gum type, melon and rasberry flavour and also quite potent.

Those 3 are closely followed by Black Jack, SAD and the Cream 47 is currently moving up the ranks.

What are your favs?

• Like 4

Thanks for that @AustrianTokker :yinyang:

I`ve only grown out their auto Cream Mandarin xl personally & really enjoyed that, my friend grew out Moham Ram, Amnesia Kush and Jack 47, all of which were good quality smoke too. I preferred the J47 over the MH & the CMxl would be a tie with the Amnesia Kush as my favourites.

Been thinking of trying another couple of Sweet strains in the near future so appreciate your views very much man, I think i`ll grab the Crystal candy for sure & probably the GG too ;)

Excellent thread btw man.  :yep:

• Like 3

What an incredible report and photos! :thumsup:

The trichomes look very delicious. yum yum! :B):

Thank you very much for sharing this experience.

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

• Like 2