Looking for some last minute help!

PedwarUrgain

@blackpoolbouncer i was advised not to get the lumii black, but to upgrade a little to the digita. electronics is one aspect i prefer not to go cheap on - not all components are created equally, imo i prefer peace of mind. 

• Like 1

@PedwarUrgain Good luck in starting out mate.

It sounds to me like the small fabric pots you're talking about are not the thick fabric pots like a lot of peeps use on here, but really thin white nursery bags.

The price tells me this lol

I ordered some last year from China for my outdoor grow but Unfortunately I chose to use a new (to me) compost which was absolute crap and set like concrete. This wrecked my grow from the start as the plants were autos which need a stress free start to their life.

Anyway I've got loads of these bags so I thought I'd try them again with better compost.

They are quite flimsy, not like a proper fabric pot but I found the small ones I got fitted exactly into  2 1/2" square pot. This is ideal for lifting out of the pot to check the roots before potting on, and also for potting on with zero root disturbance. I'm doing a one plant grow in my veg cab at the moment and when I potted it up from the nursery bag to a larger pot there was no stress to the plant and the roots had grown through the bag with ease and were showing at the bottom of the new pot within 3 days. Hope this helps you on deciding what to get.

@Dinafem-Mark these might be better for you if you want to pot up in stages with fabrics. I don't think I'd like to do that with the thick fabric ones, be a right ball ache unless you just get a butter knife and run it around the edge to loosen it. I normally go straight from a 1.5L plastic to a final 9 litre fabric, then veg for 3 weeks before flowering. With them being fabric and air pruning the roots the root ball ends up dense and solid :yep: 

• Like 4

@jadenugs Thanks for the advice on the fabric pots mate :yep:

I was thinking it could be challenging potting up but as I'm only doing a small project from regular seeds I'll go 450ml solo cups to 5l fabric pots to veg them out, sex them then plan my next move :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@jadenugs Thanks for the advice on the fabric pots mate :yep:

I was thinking it could be challenging potting up but as I'm only doing a small project from regular seeds I'll go 450ml solo cups to 5l fabric pots to veg them out, sex them then plan my next move :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Do we get a diary to see your progress? :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

@unity anything to base that peace of mind on? 

yes mate, build quality of components. Buy cheap buy twice, prefer not find out what happens when a cheap transistor goes pop under a 600W load.

It's just my opinion, but if it gives me some peace of mind it's all I need.  I'm sure others may pick and choose their products based solely on price, but that's not me, I tend to look for value instead.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, unity said:

Do we get a diary to see your progress? :)

As it's not Dinafem not on here but I may get something up on the HSO sub-forum very soon.

I'm that busy I just don't have the time so the wife's leading this one for some new test strains.

I have started some Gift of fire f2 and Platinum yeti f3 so maybe I'll do a diary :yep:

Let me get a few bit of equipment in play one is a game changer light wise and I think I'll be the 1st person in the UK with this light. 

Should be an interesting grow so I'll see if I can find a way to document this. When the new light arrives  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

ave started some Gift of fire f2 and Platinum yeti f3 so maybe I'll do a diary :yep:

Nice to hear,

tho I hear pictures are rare lol

So what more can you tell me about your new light, led I presume? 

Jj:skin_up:

• Like 4

my local shop is working with a light manufacturer on a new UV light, they indicated it was new tech and wasn't avaiable as yet - looked quite good in store.  wonder if we are talking about the same product?  they did give me the details on what it does, but it was a little while back, I don't recall details on spectrum.

• Like 2

I've got a couple of these in at the moment...

large.5bd6615089162_DinafemQuickCritical4weeks.jpg

They are only in small pots (coco) and just switched to bloom (400 W sodium) They were vegged under 250 metal halide and nearly 5 weeks old.  Up to now, they've been easy but make sure you plant the seed at 10 mm depth because I didn't with one of mine and had to remove the shell via some emergency triage (which is delicate work and can easily be buggered up lol ).

Don't worry too much about fancy growing systems at first, I grow on the cheap and true, I have had some issues by going too cheap but in the main, they'll do tidy provided their needs are met with plenty of air exchange, the right amount of light for area, good temps that don't let the roots get cold during the dark cycle and little and often with the food. 

Good luck with the grow, exciting times :yep: 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Nice to hear,

tho I hear pictures are rare lol

Very mate lol

The LED I'll be using if all goes well is called a "Cannon" it's made in the USA by a super nice guy named Keith from blacksail farms. 

He knows he has a game changer but so humble just a nice guy who has asked if I would like to try the "Cannon" out. I get asked a lot to test new stuff out and 99% of the time I say no. Typically if I need a light I'll buy one that way I'm not obliged to offer say a "one sided review" but there is something I like about this guy and company. 

Let me get this beast and I'll maybe come out of retirement of diary making just for UK420  :yep:

Could be fun :bong:

It would have to be a Dinafem strain or HSO strain.

What would you like to see me grow? 

Anything specific? 

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

Hello again everyone.  Thanks for the help so far, you've been awesome! 

So, on the advice received here, we have updated our shopping list to:

A dimmable 600w hps - Costs about £15 more but still a super-budget jobbie

0.5L plastic pots 3.8 litre fabric pots and 10 litre fabric pots

The shopping list is 27 items long and I think i've got everything needed. The total is £330 give or take a tenner. Pay day tomorrow :)

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

What would you like to see me grow? 

Anything spec

Nothing specific really mate, but it would be nice to see.

The led sounds great, can’t wait to see it in action.:yinyang:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

The led sounds great, can’t wait to see it in action.:yinyang:

I had to take a step back for a little while but it's time to take the growing back into my hands. Don't get me wrong the people that do grow for me are good but it's not the same as doing it yourself. This summer showed me this so I'll fire back up again for 2 reasons.

1- For my mental health it really helps

2- This last 4 year's of growing but having others do it for me. It it ok but some people just get greedy, my brother I'll continue to help and my god father but a few other friends just take advantage. 

Time for a fresh start :)

This should be fun. Stay tuned.

All the best 

Mark.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, PedwarUrgain said:

The shopping list is 27 items long and I think i've got everything needed. The total is £330 give or take a tenner. Pay day tomorrow :)

That's not to bad at all for a full 600w set up  :)

Think if it like this.

Your probably paying x amount for your weed. You'll make the money back in your first grow quite easily. 

Prices must be about 160-200 per oz at the moment. You'll easily do 2 oz which has payed for itself. Your growing your own, not having to buy of the street's and ditching the dealer.

Best decision you'll make :yep:

Good luck my friend and let us know how your shopping goes :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 6