Looking for some last minute help!

PedwarUrgain

7 minutes ago, PedwarUrgain said:

180cm. We're space limited, would have loved a bigger tent but starting smaller for now is fine :) 

Nice. Ive got a tent same height but 10cm wider & its a decent size. Thats perfect for 4 plants m8. Id get a 6inch RVK tho for extraction & put it on a SMSCOM Hybrid fan controller if you can stretch the budget, that will help control your environment dude

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, unity said:

Get a dimmable ballast - that way you have the option of both 400 & 600 :)

From what I've seen, dimmable ballasts are a bit out of our budget for now but are on our wishlist if you can point me to a decently priced one that would be great! Thank you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1312 said:

Nice. Ive got a tent same height but 10cm wider & its a decent size. Thats perfect for 4 plants m8. Id get a 6inch RVK tho for extraction & put it on a SMSCOM Hybrid fan controller if you can stretch the budget, that will help control your environment dude

We've got extraction sorted, not adjustable though, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

I spent 150 on a pair of mine, you'd prob get one for about 80.  It's the Lumii digita.  I started a thread on here asking for advice on a decent one, and received several indications of the same model.

• Like 2

Regarding pots for seedlings,

Just found 100x 0.5ltr fabric pots on fleabay for a whopping £1.79. This might be a dumb question, but are fabric pots ok for seedlings?

• Like 1

that is insanely cheap tho

Edit: I get my pots from b&q, they are pretty cheap, and reasonable.  Tho I prefer the square ones from grow shop to finish in

Edited by unity
added stuff..
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, unity said:

that is insanely cheap tho

Edit: I get my pots from b&q, they are pretty cheap, and reasonable.  Tho I prefer the square ones from grow shop to finish in

It is ridiculous tbh! I don't know if I'm just reading it wrong heh. 

BTW we love Rick and Morty! My OH named her gerbils after them.

• Like 2

i think i found them...they look like little white net pots? if the same removal could prove tricky, check how much tiny plastic ones will set you back from your local garden shop, i'm assuming you don't need 100 :)

awesum gerbils btw

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PedwarUrgain said:

Regarding pots for seedlings,

Just found 100x 0.5ltr fabric pots on fleabay for a whopping £1.79. This might be a dumb question, but are fabric pots ok for seedlings?

Now that's a bargain  :yep:

Could someone fire me the link over via pm please? 

Right with that area you may face some heat issue from the 600w hps. My advice as others have said would be

1- A dimmable ballast. Typically can be dimmed to 250-400-600w and 600sl (super lumen 10% more so 660w)

2- A cooltube or air cooled hood. You've got your extraction set up so you could expel more heat with those type of reflectors. 

The best choice would be both but one would do the job ;)

What size extractor are you using mate?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark

42 minutes ago, PedwarUrgain said:

We've got extraction sorted, not adjustable though, unfortunately. 

don't know if you have a budget for it but you can pickup a cheapy manual controller real cheap, like sub 20 quid

• Like 1

I use those white pouches to start off in, they root though them just fine no transplant required.

A 250/400/600/660 switchable hps light can be got for just over £80.

I used one in the same size of tent as you intend to and switching through different growth stages is invaluable imo.

Good luck.

• Like 2

mark i searched on bay for "100x 0.5ltr fabric pots" then i set price range from £1.70 to £1.80.  there were actualy loads of hits, but they looked almost more like nets than pots

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Now that's a bargain  :yep:

Could someone fire me the link over via pm please? 

4 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Found them cheaper now £0.99. I can't message yet but the item number is 123286617774.

• Like 2