New Grow Quick Critical

Barneybush

Me again fellow mellow 420

So tonight it went ahead all 3 QC were hitting the light and some real nice thick stems tonight they had a little haircut just to thin them out a little and let some light in (fan leaves are huge)  I am finding it hard to keed them under T5 all grouped up so going back to last post adding 100w CFL tomorrow to try make more space for them.

They all lost their heads tonight and topped back to 3rd and 4th node so hoping now we start to bush out. Got 3 Nice heathly cuts gone into root riot cubes so fingers crossed for them in a week or 2.(4th cut is afgan kush) 

Temps sitting nice in range at 23/26 with 80/90% RH 

EC now at 1.0 and been mixing feed daily these are thirsty ,PH inbetween 5.8 to 6.1 next week will slowly add silicon into start toughen them up ready for the 400MH.

sorry for all the photos but here goes let me know what you think.

large.065EBD15-6889-4505-B487-AEDC0AD4F395.jpeglarge.2A4BAC8C-B3C7-40E6-A6E8-36D01AF9FF3C.jpeglarge.337DD38E-6853-482C-B1DB-0A3E8E5DE36B.jpeglarge.41517B41-B069-4CA1-B5E5-69F0D674D1FF.jpeglarge.65685FCA-A886-49EB-B6E2-EE6DAE4B8BB1.jpeglarge.551616A4-22E7-49C9-8CBE-AE00116E3E61.jpeglarge.4EFE78A6-6ABE-4CA5-B67F-344731D2600D.jpeglarge.4251EF7B-AB05-4282-B110-D46D0E94CB23.jpeglarge.695140F0-C929-4C21-9CE8-AB4FD68BCBF9.jpeglarge.999A0BB8-0A20-4600-8B67-C238E9A6D9A0.jpeglarge.BA3EAF64-DD0A-4AF2-8326-B843FB03ECB3.jpeg

large.B4C47637-FC9F-4181-B1DC-5911702B4F5A.jpeg

Barney :oldtoker:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, vortex said:

looking nice and healthy mate ....  cant wait till next grow season so i can try a few of these too ....

Not alot of time at moment so updating when i can but im looking forward to this one and plan on logging until the end 

barney

• Like 2

On 17/11/2018 at 11:28 PM, Barneybush said:

Not alot of time at moment so updating when i can but im looking forward to this one and plan on logging until the end 

barney

Update as time permits my friend. So far things look to be doing really well :yep:

Nice job on the topping and training looks to be doing well ;)

Now your question. Would a 200w cfl be better than 90+w of t5?. In my opinion, yes, the 200w cfl will outperform the t5 lighting :yep:

Let us know what you go with buddy and thank you for the diary update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Update as time permits my friend. So far things look to be doing really well :yep:

Nice job on the topping and training looks to be doing well ;)

Now your question. Would a 200w cfl be better than 90+w of t5?. In my opinion, yes, the 200w cfl will outperform the t5 lighting :yep:

Let us know what you go with buddy and thank you for the diary update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks for that buddy was just updating, went to install the cfl along side the T5 and it had a cracked tube so that idea has gone but have managed to lend 2 philips 60w cfl not the best but im sure around 4300 lumens each. Back to lighting im on the hunt and could have a 150w MH on the way by end of week but problem been i will need to turn tent so its standing and not sure how temperatures will cope without extraction it is in a loft so nice and cold but will see. (Ignore all seedlings they started for friend as he has poor germ rate)  

Been looking at PL4 Light over T5 to any one use them seems double wattage and double lumens. 

yesterday i used U pegs to keep all branches back down and low and within 24hrs they are back up and loving life.

attached some off yesterday and one at the end was just now with new cfl added. 

large.5FFC52A6-489E-47AD-9DE2-BAC297AF1226.jpeglarge.CA755AEC-1F12-4B28-A786-8BDC593C7787.jpeglarge.92B9014B-15F4-495E-96E8-70F899199C17.jpeglarge.91DE4A09-82E6-4028-AA89-5EBE3E253267.jpeglarge.776C60AE-E91D-4504-9F6D-058388ACABED.jpeglarge.34B8AEEF-443F-4B91-AB12-984A468512DE.jpeglarge.2AAA5610-E0FC-4A6D-85BE-1FF634D63D17.jpeg

Barney

• Like 6

May I ask where you got the Upegs from mate?

Considering this is only being powered by cfl lighting. Which I  think t5,s are in this category? The growth is quite impressive :)

Nice training which should produce that bushy structure your looking for  :yep:

Nice work my friend  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

May I ask where you got the Upegs from mate?

Considering this is only being powered by cfl lighting. Which I  think t5,s are in this category? The growth is quite impressive :)

Nice training which should produce that bushy structure your looking for  :yep:

Nice work my friend  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Yes that is the plan to open them ,open as much as i can under T5 to get the light into them lower shoots going to leave them a couple of days to recover now .

The U pegs caught my eye in B&Q 20 in a pack about £3 bargin and they long so can use on branch's thats further up the plant.

im impressed to with these leaving the afgan kush behind now  by far 

Barney

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Barneybush said:

The U pegs caught my eye in B&Q 20 in a pack about £3 bargin and they long so can use on branch's thats further up the plant.

Thanks buddy. Perfect for my needs  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Day 25 from seed (Mid Week 4)

well today we hit day 25 and fair to say they have slowed down a little think they running out of lumens now slight nute burn so backing ec back down to 1 from 1.2

Rearranged and moved them to other side roots are now coming out of the fabric pots so they could also be rooted out hoping to get them into final 15L pots to start week 5 and under 400MH for a good 2 weeks before going to Flower see how they look 

One thing for next time around i am going to be standing the bay6 tent up and starting with T5 again then moving light upto 150w MH or Higher powered CFL if i had the cash i would be out buying one now but they have come on quick i must say and maybe start in 3L pots over 2L pots but do like the idea of no transport shock as these pots drop into finals. (And not have all the seedlings taking space and light up)

Nute wise i have now added Silicon , shogun A + B , katana roots. 

large.FD2C2CCE-3774-44C7-86FC-F3103308D255.jpeglarge.F5F4E3D2-B145-479F-A99E-17734E93B35E.jpeglarge.A33110E9-7B1C-4516-9488-3435420097C7.jpeglarge.B3962CA6-D5F0-4F25-BA6F-425B471ED23E.jpeglarge.6AF71F4F-2480-4D07-BE91-B787EBFF3222.jpeglarge.05165F6D-D957-404D-8330-A9E7138CD9D6.jpeg

Barney 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Looking good mate. Strong and healthy ;)

Thanks for following looking forward to moving the girls up to the 400w

undecided still 15l autopots or 12L fabric pots going to be doing a good 2 weeks veg under 400 before flip 

barney

• Like 2

I have a similar indecision. I have some 12L fabric pots for my next grow because I'll be doing 4 plants instead of 6 in a 120 x 120 space but I'm thinking of just sticking to 9L fabrics. I usually give them 3 weeks in these before flipping and the rootballs end up solid. Maybe the 12's will be better for me with the same 3 weeks rooting out and there'll be less hassles with feeding down the line. Do you just drop the smaller fabric pots straight into their finals and allow the roots to grow through them? I read someone had done this and when they pulled the plants most of the roots were still contained in the smaller pot, ie, they'd not grown through very well. Maybe their root system wasn't very strong. Just interested in your experience and views. If you've done this successfully I might order some 2L fabrics and give it a try instead of potting up through plastic until the final fabrics. The thing that puts me off is I haven't seen roots poking through the sides of my fabrics like in your pictures above. I was thinking the roots are pruning themselves before they show through.

I see you're growing in coco though so this might be the difference, or possibly the density of the fabric pots from different manufacturers?  I just don't wanna fuck my grow up lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jadenugs said:

I have a similar indecision. I have some 12L fabric pots for my next grow because I'll be doing 4 plants instead of 6 in a 120 x 120 space but I'm thinking of just sticking to 9L fabrics. I usually give them 3 weeks in these before flipping and the rootballs end up solid. Maybe the 12's will be better for me with the same 3 weeks rooting out and there'll be less hassles with feeding down the line. Do you just drop the smaller fabric pots straight into their finals and allow the roots to grow through them? I read someone had done this and when they pulled the plants most of the roots were still contained in the smaller pot, ie, they'd not grown through very well. Maybe their root system wasn't very strong. Just interested in your experience and views. If you've done this successfully I might order some 2L fabrics and give it a try instead of potting up through plastic until the final fabrics. The thing that puts me off is I haven't seen roots poking through the sides of my fabrics like in your pictures above. I was thinking the roots are pruning themselves before they show through.

I see you're growing in coco though so this might be the difference, or possibly the density of the fabric pots from different manufacturers?  I just don't wanna fuck my grow up lol

Im decided just been to local hydro shop picked some coco with charge in already and going into 15L autopots and hand feed for 2 weeks before hit they system .

They 2L pots are meant to be dropped into next pot to save the stress of repotting and i read the same thread about roots not making it through but im thinking of maybe cutting a couple of holes in fabric to see how they look behind the fabric before potting up and help them find there way down.. Reviews seem positive but not read many using them i like how they deep so take less time for roots to hit bottom of next pot .

large.1E9FCFD4-6819-4E19-8B11-22B2DA110869.png

Maybe in soil roots take longer as more dense since moving to coco i will never go back but thats my view problem with these is water daily but they thrive also added mycorrmax that i cannot find anywhere no more in small packet was about £7/£8 (anyone know where) 

Will be potting up Monday 1st day in week 5 hoping 2 weeks and they will be ready to flip .

Barney 

Edited by Barneybush
Photo
  • Like 1

Thanks mate, I'll have a look at those Rhizopots. They look finer material than mine which are cheap and just feel like really thick felt.

TNC have the small pouches of Myco on their own site for around that price, under a tenner with postage. If you look at the larger pouches though they're a better deal ;)

• Like 2