New Grow Quick Critical

Barneybush

Welcome I'm back for another round of another diafem strain.

Previously grew in a dr60 then dr90 back 2 year ago and ran a log or 2 in soil with autos but moving on started working away so lost time and no one to look after them so packed up and helped a friend set his 1.2m up and he went down the autopot route with critical +2 and had that going cut after cut for around a year and recently decided to change it up a bit and go for some quick critical as had that much success with last lot. Going to be makjng a start monday tuesday latest .

So on way I have 

-4 quick critical + free afgan kush (herbies)

-bay6 prop tent with 2ft 4tube t5 

-5 2l of root pouch (1st time with these) 

-TNC mycorr max

-New 6inch desk fan

-New hygrometer

-shogun Katana Roots

-ec pen/ph pen ph up/down

-Ionic Grow

-Ionoc Bloom

-Ionic Boost pk booster 

-Forulex for baby stage

-Regenaroot by CX Horticulture

-Wilt guard by CX 

-Overdrive Final 2 weeks prior flush 

Flower Tent is 1.2m Green qube running 400w mh for a week then 600w duel spec for flower using auto pot system with 49L tank lasts around a week in flower 

Will be using Cup of water at room temp where boiler is so nice and warm to germ seeds then into 0.3l round pots under 4 tube t5 24/7 to keep temps stable inside bay6 prop tent 60(H)60(D)90(L) now I wont be using any extraction as is in a cold place to start with where prop tent is and may need to add a heater but testing for a couple of days while seeds pop tap roots.

In 2 Minds to do a log of this one now i have a little time again and would love the help along the way. Hoping to veg 2L pot out and Top once and Lst for good 2/3 weeks before going into 8l or maybe straight to finals that are 18l but never fill so about 13/14l with coco/perlite/2 inch clay pebbles at bottom for drainage.

any help info along the way 

TIA 

Do i log on no log? 

Barney 

Edited by Barneybush
  • Like 5

Yeah man get them popped, I have just harvested some of Dinafems Quick Critical and the results look good, I did put a small branch in for a quick dry, quick dried Quick Critical, ill have a look in a bit see if it is smokeable yet.

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 5

Well Seeds come quicker than expected thanks to @Herbies  superfast delivery so making a start tonight.

seeds have gone into cup of water and will be kept in dark and warm place boiler cupboard for at least 24/48 hours untill got good 1/4 inch tap root then going into pots with coco will be back for a update in 2/3 days.

Day 1 Germ (Its Started)

large.1CA3D551-64B0-439C-BCA6-4B98AD75D6F6.jpeg

Barney 

• Like 7

Let the Quick Critical fun begin :yep:

You have a solid set up, perfect for the Quick Critical and any plants to be fair  ;)

I've seen that you know our Critical very well due to running her back to back for over a year so can't wait to see how her "Quick" variant fairs :bong:

I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest mate :yep:

Good luck and see you on the next update  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Little update today chaps we are in motion seeds have sank and all have cracked 100% germ rate. Good to see a couple following already so early in grow.

@Dinafem-Mark Im looking forward to this one buddy should have time to log every 2/3 days to 

bay6 is all setup and running about 8 hours now to see how temps settle before i pot up tonight or tomorrow will be back later with another photo or 2. 

Barney

• Like 2

Well checked temps and staying stable 25/27 in propagator. All potted up in coco/perlite mix and little water set at ph 5.7 

now its time to sit back and wait for them to pop through in couple of days.

1st time using t5 instead of cfl so any tips along the way feel free to chip in 

large.5DD926BF-670F-4271-B62D-6A7A14B3065E.jpeglarge.6D592C93-C2B8-475F-AD52-0B57A08625E3.jpeg

barney

• Like 4

Is a T5 not classed as a cfl mate? Or at least a fluorescent? 

I know T5,s are long and thing tubes  with cfl being more u shaped bulbs but I think they kick out pretty much the same heat and lumen wise :yep:

Germination looks to have gone well now let's wait for the heads to poke above the surface  :bong:

This is the stage I'm having issues at so fingers crossed your end buddy :yep:

Until next time  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark cfl Vs t5? 

Used cfl 150w for a while problem been got to have it close and not great spread t5 covers 2ft by 2ft so alot more even runs 96w so less watts then most cfl and keep nice and cool as up in atic also have one afgan kush in there too will leave them all in prop until well established and have good start. 

Been that long since a grew from seed its like learning again looking after babies How soon should i start them on weak nutes and root stim? 

Barney 

• Like 2

Your in a coco/perlite mix so no n/p/k in your medium. I would start around day 5 with a weak (25% recommended strength) nutrient solution then build upto full strength over a good 2 week period  ;)

A bit of root stim and a weak veg solution will be fine  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

Back for quick update as to whats happening coming up to 48 hours after potting up and for all temps have been fine and in propagator its been hitting 27/28 and looks like 3 is well up and another on way and last one nothing yet but 1 has done a funny bit stretching no idea as to why see photo attached. T5 was about 1 fr away from sprouts when in propagator so have removed lid an dropped to around 6 inchs hope these get going.

large.2B6A8D3B-F96E-4B9E-8E6E-819E18CB58F7.jpeg

The curly funny one below large.80EEBFC9-59C2-46E7-B06C-590A5F48A0F2.jpeglarge.BF8ED8C5-C801-4606-936B-3BB5C1177660.jpeglarge.CBD14137-E3C0-4D9A-A67D-13C8A96D7FD3.jpeglarge.FA69AE9C-2F42-41AA-9A56-110028BFFDE9.jpeg  

Any tips/info 

TIA barney 

• Like 5