Mechanical Seperation

Vicfirth12

@FARMER G they are expensive but they have a lifetime warranty and the customer service is unreal. The jack on ours failed and all the hydraulic fluid came pissing out all over the press. We emailed them, they sent out a fresh jack promptly. When it came to fitting the jack we were stumped so emailed them again. They suggested we talk over the phone and they can instruct us how to fit the jack. They rang us from Canada and talked us through it. We got cut off and they rang back! Over an hour on the phone with us at thier cost and the press was working by the time the phone call finished.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you get the sealable bubble bags for the washing machine @Vicfirth12 could you pm me a link please

This all looks amazing :wub:

ETA - im sorted, ive got a washing machine, zippy bag thing & bags coming!

Edited by 1312
  • Like 2

Glad you're sorted @1312 

I recently made some ChemD live bubble and some discobiscuit trim run bubble.

Preping for a live run is important. At the point of harvest I removed all the leaf with not resin on it. After that I cut the buds from the stems. Then take each bud and turn it upside down and break the buds down in smaller buds a size somewhere inbetween a 5p piece and a 10p piece. That is them frozen for at least 12 hours. 

Smaller buds means greater surface area.

Here's the bubble from the two runs.

large.20181106_220541.jpg

Here's the ChemD live resin after 4 days drying.

large.20181108_102131.jpg

When we pressed this we opted to try a directional flow. Essentially, you make a small bag/pouch with some parchment paper large enough to leave 1-2cm of space between the edge of packed bag and outside edges of the pouch. The front of the pouch is open and will be where we want to the rosin to flow. The idea being that the rosin is pushed away from the heat of the plates. Our presses can last up to four minutes so it's a long time for oil to be sitting on hot plates. It worked very well with some unexpected results.

large.20181111_172443.jpglarge.20181111_172430.jpglarge.20181111_171525.jpglarge.20181111_171518.jpglarge.20181111_171440.jpg

Once the we openef the press and then the DF pouch we saw this on the back inside edge.

large.20181111_173017.jpglarge.20181111_173046.jpg

This is Thca. What has happened is the rosin that came through the back has been caught in the 1cm gap and a lot of the terps, fats, lipids and most of the cannabinoids hace been pushed off the plates as rosin. The cannabinnoids that were at the back could not get through and were trapped at the back while the more viscous material was pushed forwards.

large.20181111_191805.jpg

It has very little taste but lots of power. Very clear high. Not as 'cloudy' as a full spectrum high.

:haveadab:

Edited by Vicfirth12
  • Like 20

10 hours ago, lois lane said:

mouthwatering :yinyang:

Indeed....I've just been reading this thread and realised I had a stream of drool running from my mouth. lol

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Breezus said:

Happy New Year @Vicfirth12

just bumping this as its been incredibly informative and inspiring 

:yinyang:

Cheers for the bump as never would have seen this thread. This is something I will. Look to do. Later down the line =)

A fresh, frozen run from last week....... Only decent sugar leaves from tops and air buds used. 

All about the water temps, 4.5/5hrs prior to a run the water bottles go into the freezer. The water usually starts to turn around 5hrs in, I just give them spin/shake.

large.01-12-IMG_0686.JPG

I ditched using the inner bag a couple of years ago. I much prefer the additional room/freedom the material and ice have in the machine without the bag. I also feel you lose a few trichomes when using the inner bag, when they can't escape out the inner bag when draining.   

large.02-10-IMG_0698.JPG

Once the material has been added to the ice and water, I let it sit for 5 minutes before I start......I want the trichomes as brittle as I can get them.

large.03-11-IMG_0706.JPG

3minute and 5 minute, 1st and 2nd run 119u - 25u. Once removed from the bags, and as much remaining water squished out of it, it then goes straight into the freezer to be frozen before being micro-planed onto parchment for drying. 

large.04-05-IMG_0759.JPG

3minute 119u - 25u dried.large.05-06-IMG_0784.JPG

5minute 119u - 25ularge.06-07-IMG_0796.JPG

All jarred up. The 3 minute is full melt, this will be used for dabbing. The 5 minute is not quite full melt, it does melt but leaves a little char on the nail.

large.07-01-IMG_0798.JPG

6 minute (3rd) 119u - 25u run got squished.

large.08-08-IMG_0801.JPG

• Like 6

Nice work @Lennon

almost identical to how how I do it but I use a machine bag lol  I need to not chop up my material so much as last time I didn’t use a bag it was murder cleaning the machine.

looks like a nice clean extract too :yep: out of interest have you modified the washing machine drain pipe? Also what do you micro plane with ? I used a Parmesan grater lol  works great . 

large.IMGP5426.JPG

Cracking rosin too I need to master my straighteners I think.

all the best

peace

lil d. :skin_up:

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 4

• 3 years later...

Been a while. Here is some Gmo live rosin. 

I started with two large plants. Here is one of them. Both around 6ft tall with decent flower set. 

large.Screenshot_20220731_124331.jpg

The buds were snipped from the plants and put straight into the frezzer for 24 hours. Then ran through the bubble bags. I washed the material three times. 

large.Screenshot_20220731_124203_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Once I'm finished washing I gather the hash onto the 25u wicking screen. That is then put into the freezer for 24 hours then I work the frozen hash through a kitchen sieve onto some parchment paper. 

large.Screenshot_20220723_012848.jpg

It is then put somewhere cool and dry for 4-7days. This is how it looked after 3 days. 

large.Screenshot_20220731_124512_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

And then 4 days drying. 

large.Screenshot_20220731_124522_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Once it is dry I full a 37u pressing bag and then on the rosin press at 190f

large.Screenshot_20220731_124717_com.android.gallery3d.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220731_124732_com.android.gallery3d.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220731_124627_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Once done the rosin is gathered up and stuck in the fridge for a cold cure (this can be as long as you like) 

large.Screenshot_20220731_124005_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

After the cold cure the rosin is then whipped up 

large.Screenshot_20220731_124027_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Then we're left a nice, wet consistency full of flavour. 

large.Screenshot_20220731_124052.jpg

:haveadab:

Edited by Vicfirth12
  • Like 13