Mechanical Seperation

Vicfirth12

@Arthur Mix finding my way. Good to have you in here. Hope the pressing is still going on where you are.

@FarmerPalmersNT cheers man. 

You guys are both hash makers so this will maybe echo something you already know. For people who are looking to get into making thier own hash, don't think it's all about the seperation/extraction method. It's 10% method 90% starting material. If the resin is grown well you will end up with good hash. It's as simple as that. 

This discobiscuit is an example of just that. 

6 min wash

large.20181024_004034.jpglarge.IMG_20181024_004836_104.jpg

The other washes combined 

large.20181024_005549.jpg

It's still drying, needs another day.

• Like 16

Every shot in this thread looks edible! I think I'll be buying a camping washer very soon. Thanks for sharing @Vicfirth12 really appreciated

:yinyang:

Edited by Breezus
Spelling

21 hours ago, Vicfirth12 said:

The washing machine makes the process fairly hands off, plenty of time to smoke.

Its quotes like these which will now make me scourer the net looking for my solventless extraction kits lol 

Farmer G 

• Like 3

Really enjoyable read, thanks Vicfirth12. :thumsup:

What did you mean when you said you had a blow out tha5 stopped pressing?  Is that some hind of hydraulic failure?

• Like 1

@grooving as G has said it's where the bag bursts and the hash was pushed out of the bag and into the rosin around it. 

We could have gathered it all back up and put it inside a fresh bag and tried again but we didn't after the first two presses. 

The blowout with flower isn't as much of a problem but with hash it gets messy. Its easy to have a blowout with hash so we try to make sure that when we pack the bags the hash is evenly spread and not over packed. Once on the plates we bring them down slowly and in increments. It'll press the hash evenly and also allow the hash to heat up all the way through. As soon as we see rosin coming out of the bag we leave it where it is and observe the flow. If it's slow then a little more pressure is applied. Never had to fully close the plates when pressing hash. Have done when it's been flower in the press.

Pressing the fresh frozen disco biscuit this afternoon.

Edited by Vicfirth12
  • Like 8

@Vicfirth12 Good morning my fren :)

You have inspired me to invest in a bubble bag extraction kit inc washing machine , im also going to invest in a rosin press or the making of one the cheapest most efficient way.

Cheers mate :thumsup:

Farmer G 

• Like 4

Morning @FARMER G get er done man. I've only seen one homemade press in operation and it did the job but it was a big bit of kit. We're using the sasquash v2 which was twice the price of my car. But the M1 they do is 1500 less than v2 and has smaller plates, more suited to batch runs. We have still not managed to fill the 4" x 7" plates on v2 yet. It would take up to 2oz of flower or a good few oz of hash to fill those plates. 

The disco biscuit live bubble has been pressed. 5g of hash in 3.03g of rosin back out. Got it all in the first press. The second press return a very small amount of sauce. 

It's worth saying that when you do multiple presses the later returns are likey to be more sauce-like than the first one or two returns. A lot of fats, lipids etc are coming out in the rosin during first press or two. The next presses will be terpene heavy and a nightmare to gather up. Inside the bag at this stage is mostly plant matter and stuck on the bag are small amounts of thca. 

Need to buy some 25u bags and try pressing some rosin for thca Seperation.

Anyway here's the disco biscuit...

large.20181027_153836.jpg

large.20181027_153847.jpg

large.20181027_153955.jpg

large.20181027_154001.jpg

large.20181027_161011.jpg

This disco cut had some strong cherry pie like aroma and taste. Ran live it's as terpy as any bho.

The Valley Dawg rosin after a good few days. 

large.20181027_161411.jpg

:haveadab:

Edited by Vicfirth12
  • Like 14

Wooooow !!! maaaaate that looks seriously awesome :yep:

The price tag of the V2 did put me off as you say its the price of a car or two ! the second choice is more feasible i guess and something that i could maybe muster thanks for the info mate :yinyang:

Farmer G 

• Like 3