Two Quickies, Kush and Critical+

Smokebelch

I had a day off work today and have been eating canna biscuits and vaping some nice Dinafem flowers through out the day, 8 month cured yummy Dinachem this morning and then this evening I have been vaping my custard effect pheno of Purps#1.

I have been playing with camera through out the day so here are some photos of vapes, buds, grow tent and plants.

large.P1080847.jpg

large.P1080949.jpg

large.P1080938.jpg

large.P1080953.jpg

large.P1080963.jpg

large.P1080929.jpg

large.P1080922.jpg

large.P1080905.jpg

large.P1080872.jpg

large.P1080867.jpg

large.5beabbf5bb463_P1080818(2).jpg

large.P1080817.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 9

On 03/11/2018 at 9:36 AM, Smokebelch said:

The two Quick Kushes are funny looking plants, these are not bushy at all, I have never grown OG Kush but I have read it gets tall and spindly and they look like they will stretch so its going to interesting watching how these progress.

You are right, I’ve grown quite a few OG Kushes and crosses and they are often quite unattractive to look at in veg. They can have long node spacing and grow like like vines. I’ve even binned a few before I realised it was quite normal.

Nice setup by the way pal. This’ll be a good one I reckon:hippy:

I notice your Arizer Solo 2. I’ve had the original solo for about 4 years with no trouble at all. How do you find the newer version?

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 5

What a nice way to spend your say off :yep:

Chilling with the ladies, eating some edibles and vaping some fine flowers  :bong: Sounds like my kind if day off  :yep:

As expected plants look great. Starting to develope that structure now and developing well ;)

Thanks for the update brother especially on your day off :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

@Rick GrimesThanks for the info on the OG Kushes being strange in veg, one of mine looks really droopy but I think maybe thats normal for this strain. If you like your Solo OG then you would love the Solo 2 dude, 3 hour batteries and its heats up less then a minute, also the stem no longer rattles about and stays firmly in the oven. If you go to the Vapefiend forum on here there is more info there about it.

@jadenugs@Dinafem-MarkCheers dudes, sorry for the sporadic updates, I have a lot on at the moment. 

Just a small update this evening with a few photos too. I am having mixed results at the moment with two really nice plants of each strain and two that are not looking so good. I discovered I had a faulty Mh bulb and this has caused my plants to veg a bit slower than usual, I swapped the faulty lamp for a 600w HPS last weekend and since then they have put on a nice spurt of growth and as a result I have had to do some bondage and bending on three out of four of the plants.

I have been feeding them all the same 2ml Fishmix, 1ml Algamic, 1ml Bio silicon.

large.P1090947.jpg

large.P1090942.jpg

large.P1090951.jpg

Quick Kush 2, she does look droopy all the time and very stretchy but I have read OG Kush can look like this veg so if thats the case then I think she is healty enough, I had to tie her 2 main colas branches over to keep her in check and I now think she looks a bit like a bonsai.

large.P1090846.jpg

large.P1090829.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 6

Quick Kush 2 is a really odd looking plant, its growing ok but it looks really droopy all the time like it desperately needs to be watered, also I am getting some yellowing on the edge of some of the lower leaves, I am not sure what is causing it so anyone who knows feel free to chip in, I am a bit rubbish at diagnosing problems. On one of the branches the leaves have gone very strange, almost leather like and dark green.

See what I mean about the drooping, these shots were taken 4 hours after lights came on.

large.P1090883.jpg

large.P1090890.jpg

large.P1090876.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

Quick Critical 2 is my other healthy looking plant although it is growing really slowly and it is tiny compared to all the other plants in the tent. She seems happy enough though and is green and healthy.

large.P1090803.jpg

large.P1090829.jpg 

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 6

Quick Critical 2 is being very fussy, she has grown into a big plant but started to go yellow a while back, I upped the Fishmix and now think I may over fed her a bit as I am getting some rust spots on some of the leaf edges, I thought she was showing signs of Mg deff so I have fed her a bit of Epsoms salts last week. I am quite good at growing when the plants are behaving but I still haven't mastered diagnosing problems and the fixing them so any advise from any of you guys would be great. She has lost quite a few bottom leaves over the last 2 weeks.

She was starting to get a bit out of control in height so I have bent over her two main branches to keep her in check.

large.P1090896.jpg

large.P1090904.jpg

large.P1090917.jpg

large.P1090922.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

I will be putting the plants into flower some time over the next week but for now they are veging under a 600w HPS. 

large.P1090619.jpg

large.P1090315.jpg

large.5bf132ccba6ea_P1090314(5).jpg

large.P1090331.jpg

• Like 7

@BarneybushCheers dude, I am planning on catching up in the Dinafem Diary forum over the next few days so I will check your grow out at some point. There are a lot of people growing out QC on here at the moment.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 4

Hi mate, QK1 looks like a K def to me but you shouldn't get this in veg when you're feeding them. QC2 does look like Mg but you've fed epsoms so if they were short this would have sorted it, hard to tell unless it's your own plants you see every day and know exactly what they've had.  I'd almost certainly say it's environmental,  I'd check your root temps and RH and possibly go a little easier on the bio silicon, maybe this is locking out other nutes. Little and often with the bio silicon is what I understand. I'm sure you'll get on top of it before flowering, good luck dude ;)

• Like 4

@jadenugsCheers for the input dude, it’s much appreciated, I know it’s hard to diagnose things especially on some one else’s grow so thanks for giving me some pointers and some options to think about.

Like you I am fairly certain the struggling Critical has an Mg defficiancy and it is quickly moving up the plant, I did water in some Epsoms salts last week but it was only a small amount 2tsp per 5 litres. I know it works quicker with a foliar feed so I will doing that tomorrow at lights out. I have been at work all week so haven’t be able to do it yet. I am going to stop feed her Silicon for a few waters as you say it may be locking stuff out.

Here is a leaf I took off this evening, looks like Mg def to me.

large.BA4595B2-29AF-4735-A1FE-EA6908AA7026.jpeg

As as for the Poorly Kush I am a bit stumped, I will stop giving her silicon as well for the time being, my other plants are looking ok but will I drop the silicon down to half a ml from now on. It’s the droopyness of her that is really freaky.@Dinafem-MarkIs this normal for this strain to be so droopy all the time? 

I think my environment is ok although the temps in the compost is climbing up to 27c during lights on although it went higher than that in the summer and the plants were ok.

I am going to try and fix the 2 poorly plants and then put them in flower middle of next week.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

Having probs of my own at the minute dude, the dreaded 5 week hunger pang but I think it's to do with me adding a third coco and forgetting that they need a lot more feed. Also using MagneCal+ when I'm in a hard water area. The Humboldt equilibrium was fine in small doses but I'm not getting on with this stuff. Daren't raise it for Mg requirements for fear of too much Ca locking stuff out which might have happened already, so I've binned it for now and gone back to epsoms where I can put more in without OD'ing on Ca. I'm hoping it works cos I don't like premature yellowing at 5 weeks bloom :) 

I was hitting root temps of 27 too in summer but there didn't seem to be any ill effects, there possibly was on my Critical, that one had me confused lol Maybe that was the problem, I dunno cos the others were fine. That would be way too high in a res for hydro so maybe something to think about in soil. I'm at 25 highs in the roots at the moment and thinking of turning down the leccy blanket.

I hope the foliar feed sorted things for you :yep:

• Like 4