Two Quickies, Kush and Critical+

Smokebelch

After a few weeks break to get my breath back I am back with another Dinafem adventure but unlike most fun things in life I hope this will one will be over quickly.

I am running two plants each of Dinafems new quick finishing strains Quick Kush and Quick Critical+.

large.4285C256-06BB-411D-A837-86E96CCCAA41.jpeg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 11

The Quick Kush seeds I won in the guess the strain name competition on here a while back and I brought the Quick Critical+ seeds to compliment them. I will also be growing out two plants of each of Sweet Skunk Fast and Cream Caramel Fast strains from Sweet Seeds along side the Quick Dinafems, I have started a separate diary in the Sweet Seeds 2018/19 diary competition thread in their forum where I will be documenting their progress.

Its going to be a lot of work running two diaries, as you know I am a big Dinafem fan and I have only read good things about Sweet Seeds so it should be lots of fun and I should end up with 8 beautiful ladies who with any luck will be finished around 7 weeks. I have to be honest I was sceptical but I have been looking at some Dinafem quick grows on here and they are flying along and looking like they will finish early.

After my last lot of germinating directly in the compost was such a disaster I decided to give the paper towel method a try, I have never tried it before but I found it worked a treat and I have only managed to cock one up which isn't a problem as I want 8 plants but I wetted 10 so I have some back ups.

On Sunday evening I put three Quick Kush and two Quick Critical seed in between some wet paper towels along with the 5 Sweet Seeds strains and sealed them shut in small Tupperware tub and then put them in my prop tent on top of my trusty old tv set top box to give them some gentle heat from below. 24 hours later some of them had popped and by Tuesday afternoon they had big tap roots and were able to be put into some compost.

large.DCDAD4A6-6D77-43FB-B076-F0DA0AF20500.jpeg

large.BE028AC3-F0C0-45BE-B6E2-F4834A7B5EED.jpeg

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 8

@Smokebelch

Good luck with this quick adventure,  am sure it will be super duper.

I am looking forward to watch these strains and am sure you'll get some cracking photos.

atb twoscoops :v:

Edited by twoscoops
  • Like 4

@twoscoops Cheers dude, fun times ahead.

I was looking through my last diary and I think I went a bit overboard with the amount of photos I posted. I had a new toy and wanted to play with it a lot but I have got over the excitement of having a new camera now so there will be less photos but hopefully the ones I do post will be top quality.

• Like 5

Alright there @Smokebelch

Nice to see another Quicky on the go.

Also looking forward to seeing a few(or a shit load) of your excellent photos you can never take to many good ones, just a shame I am still on a camera phone, but this might change in the future, possibly.

I am just gonna take a pew and chill,

Take it easy Jj:yinyang:

• Like 4

On Tuesday evening the germinated seeds were potted up into some Plant Magic compost, I filled the little starter pots around a third full, sprinkled some Mycorrmax in there, popped the seeds on top of that and finally put another layer of compost over them. The pots are only half full at the moment and the plan is to fill them up once the they have finished stretching covering up the long stretched out stalk, again I haven't done this before but have seen others doing it on UK420 with great results. That's what I love about it here, there is always something to learn from others.

By Thursday 4 of the 5 were up, I think I damaged one of the Quick Kush tap roots as I planted them up, its still not up today so I have written that one off. I duuno why I put QQ on the pots, it should be QK

large.77796A8B-0CBA-45BB-84A7-A19A03A13702.jpeg

large.443D1ACA-C4CD-4E41-8B8B-1E989CB1C309.jpeg

large.F9EC54EC-81D6-4EC1-8279-80F97A674C85.jpeg

large.47B0C753-BB5E-4479-BB10-DA095BAF8125.jpeg

• Like 9

@Jibba jabba Cheers Dude, there will still be lots of photos, just not so many as last time, its a lot of work processing them all so I need to be more selective, especially as I will be juggling two diaries at the same time.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 4

Now to the present, its Saturday morning so its now five and a half days since I got the seeds wet and I have four lovely looking little Dinafem seedlings, they will be left in the prop tent under T5 lights for a few weeks until they are big enough for the 400w Mh in the main tent for veging up nice and big ready for flowering. I am guessing they veg the same speed as normal plants, its just the flowering period that is quicker.

Quick Kush seedings

large.P1040624.jpg

large.P1040625.jpg

large.5bc1b5ef8f61c_P1040627(2).jpg

• Like 9

Fotos look sharp mate. 

im in for this one, how long are you vegging for and what size is your space?

they lookin good so far, let the show commence, and don't worry about posting too many pics, I like em. 

• Like 4

Great start dude, nice 100% germination ;)

Best of luck with the grow and also the Sweet seeds, I'll be over for a look. Doing one myself in December :)

Like everyone else says dude, keep the pics coming :yep:

• Like 5

I think the new camera purchase came at the right time  :yep:

Our 2 Quick ladies going up against Each other. This should be fun ;)

Good luck brother. As always I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest :bong:

Until next time :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

@badbillybob @jadenugs Cheers fellas, I will be updating the diary tonight with some nice seedling close ups I took last night plus I will post a bit more about my set up too.

@Dinafem-Mark cheers dude, I am in the Sweet Seeds diary competition too so it’s gonna be a bit hectic for me keeping 2 diaries. I also need to finish my previous Dinafem diary with some dry bud shots and vape reports on each strain, Mark, I will be on it sometime in the next week I promise dude, I like to give them a bit of curing before I comment on them.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Smokebelch said:

Mark, I will be on it sometime in the next week I promise dude

No major rush mate :yep:

Sometimes good things come to those that wait ;)

Your going to be a busy bee over the next few months ;)

All the best 

Mark.

• Like 2

Today the seedlings are 7 days old and have stopped stretching now. Yesterday I filled the pots upto the top with compost to bury the long stretched out stalks, now they are buried fresh roots should sprout out of them and fill the little pots out over the next week or so.

Some photos of my little job last night, helped along with some Sammy in the vape.

large.P1040783.jpg

large.P1040789.jpg

large.P1040790.jpg

large.P1040791.jpg

large.P1040796.jpg

• Like 7