Welcome To The White House - 5th Sweetseeds Competion Grow 2018/19 - Crystal Candy F1 Fast Version, Cream Caramel F1 Fast Version, Sweet Pure CBD

tokenroll

@Inspiration101 yes thanks, I have only two plants on the go and very slow going at that, problems in the veg area. Will explain that in my update. Expect an update shortly, just getting one diary put to bed atm.

Toke...

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 5 weeks and 4 days since I done an update sorry for the delay.

I have had a rough time with all but two seeds, maybe the fast versions need some special care Im not aware off.

So I have 1 x Cream Caramel Fast Version and 1 X Crystal Candy Fast Version that are growing, but at a rather slow rate for their age up until about five days ago and all of a sudden they have perked up a little. 

So far they have been feed Canna Coco A/B EC1.0 with plenty of run off, a little spray of root tonic once a week and they seem happy.

Lights are on 24/7 as I have clones, mother plants and other seedlings in there. I have just put a single Quantum Board Led running at 100 watts in to help things along. So from 50 watts too 100 watts.

Temps in the grow space are a steady 26c and a RH55% and usually is like that till summer and the central heating in the house is no longer on all day and night. So at last Im starting to get some where and will be potting them both up into 2 litre tall pots of coco and a light dusting of Q4 Rootmore Mycorrhizal Fungi on the roots on 30/11/2018. Will post a little update and a couple a pics then also.

That's that for now, below are a couple of photos. Toke…

Sweet Seeds - Cream Caramel Fast Version

large.5bfdccde09811_SweetSeeds-CreamCaramel-F1FastVersion.jpg

Sweet Seeds - Crystal Candy F1 Fast Version

large.5bfdcce17f73e_SweetSeeds-CrystalCandy-F1FastVersion.jpg

• Like 10

I am sorry to hear about your problems getting them going. However, those are gorgeous pictures of the ones you do have, thank you for sharing!

• Like 6

Sorry to hear of your troubles mate, hopefully your 2 survivors will kick some ass now. Great pictures by the way, the lighting is spot on. Good luck! :yinyang:

• Like 6

Same problem here m8.Left with just one plant after keep on seeding.

I least,i found (a little late i must say)what was the problem, 8,5ph tap water.

After i wasted 9 seeds,so far....

Good luck with the next ones.

• Like 4

Cheers mate,

Thanks for the updates ;)

Seems like they are healthy but developing slowly. F1 Fast Version® strains are the same as any other photoperiod-dependent plants, there's no reason for them to develop that slow just for being F1 Fast Version®. I'm sure that if you had other photoperiod-dependent strains under the same grow parameters the development would be the same.

Hopefully now they keep on developing properly. Slow development doesn't necessarily affect negatively your grow diary, but with at least one weekly update it would be much better rated, even if very few development was to be seen. The diary looks good, well organized, the plants look healthy, photos are also very good, with a bit more of frequency on posting it would be now one of the best diaries in the competition.

I'm sure December will be a good much to your plants. Keep it up and sweet smokes! :yep:

tommy

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Little update for those interested, every thing is on hold here for the past few weeks. I have all sorts of work being repaired by tradesmen in the house after the flash flooding at the end of summer, insurance finally got on the ball. I will be updating regular once these lads are finished the work. Pain in the arse but at least the house is dry now lol..

The two plants are fine so no panic.  

Cheers Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 9

@tokenrollIt’s good to see you back in here with an update dude. The two plants you have look good and the photos are very nice.

My 2 Cream Caramels were slow to start off with and didn’t look good for the first few weeks. Once they got going they were ok and now they are in flower they are looking well nice.

I hope you can crack on with diary once The tradesmen are finished in you house.

• Like 3

Will be a little update later tonight, lads will be back after Xmas to do outside work with drains etc so shouldn't be needing indoors again. We got to sit in our living room last night for the first time in about four months, I can really appreciate a comfy sofa to pass out on now.

Cheers all, and thanks for sticking with me on this one.

Toke...

• Like 5

Ok sorry to everyone for the delays but we are now up and running again more less, so here we go with some photos and details on the progress so far.

Before I forget if anyone has grown the F1 versions of Crystal Candy and Cream Caramel ?. Can you tell me how suitable they are for cloning and growing as sog plants, ie do they branch out everywhere or do they concentrate more on a larger single cola. Im thinking of using the two strains as mothers and cloning them to eventually be able to clone and flower maybe 20 cuttings of each strain at the same time in either 2l tall pots or 5l Hempy Buckets. I have limited height of 1metre at max including pots.

Now that's out of the way both plants where potted up into 2l pots of coco/perlite and left to root out for a few weeks, and on the 24th 12 2018 they got their roots trimmed and put into 8l fabric pots, the pots have some hydroton in the bottom and then filled with a 50/50 mix of coco and perlite, some watering in with some canna coco a/b at EC1.2 and PH6.0.

Cream Caramel F1 (left) and Crystal Candy (right) before getting potted up from two litre pots. 

large._DSC7004.jpg

Pictured Below Coco Perlite Mix / Hydroton Balls / Grow Tray and 8l Fabric Pots. 

large._DSC7006.jpg

So pour in some balls

large._DSC7007.jpg

Pour In Some Potting Mix

large._DSC7010.jpg

Pull The Two Plants Out Ready To Cut Some Root Mass Off (about four inches of the bottoms cut chopped)

large._DSC7012.jpg

Put Each Plant Into It's New Container pictured below is the Crystal Candy F1

large._DSC7043.jpg

Cream Caramel F1 below.

large._DSC7044.jpg

That brings me to today the 27th 12 2018. After a few days to let them settle in to their new pots it was time to top them for the first time just above the 4th node.

Cream Caramel F1

large._DSC7046.jpg

Crystal Candy F1

large._DSC7048.jpg

I will now train the two plants out to stay low keeping branches horizontal so any new shoots grow up vertical to become clone material.

The tops where then let sit in water for a short period before I started to strip leaves and then take of as many little side shoots as I could, with the idea of making some clones. As can be seen in the photos I managed to get a few and get the job underway.

Crystal Candy F1 Top Cutting (left) Cream Caramel F1 Top Cutting (right)

large._DSC7049.jpg

All supplies etc set out ready to make some clones. Pictures Below Of The Process Plant Being Shown Is The Crystal Candy F1 (same process was replicated with the Cream Caramel F1)

large._DSC7087.jpg

Image Before Cutting Side Branches And Leaf Stripping

large._DSC7088.jpg

Leaves Stripped Now To Slice Of Some Side Branches For Clones

large._DSC7090.jpg

Shoots Being Sliced Of Ready To Dip In Water with about 1mm of liquid seaweed to 1 Litre Of Water

large._DSC7094.jpg

So A Few Minutes Later We Have Six Little Clones In Their Potting Mix And Watered In With The Remaining Liquid Seaweed And Water Mix. Job Done.

large._DSC7102.jpg

These are now in the propagator. All plants and cuttings they will now be in my flowering cab for a few weeks as I have no veg space atm until I rebuild it (got destroyed when the house flooded).

There is certainly going to be about 2 months of veg work to be done before I have enough plants cloned to be used as additional mothers, sooner the better so we can get the flower show on the go and get the diary wrapped up for the end of the competition.

So that brings us bang up to date and I will be posting little updates now once a week as I would normally do in my other diaries.

Thanks to all, hope you enjoyed this little update. Take care and have a Happy New Year.

Toke...

• Like 13