HSO germination issues.

HSO-Mark

Hey bros- first time poster from aways away. Just wanted to send a little feedback Mark cause u seem to be genuinely interested and i appreciate that. Never had germ probs with hso previously for the record. Not a novice i expect 90% with quality seed and get it consistently. Had a batch come through from choice. All direct seeded into fine graded coir base seed mix of my own blend. Temps, moisture etc ideal. BG freebies 100%. BDrm less than 20%. Others in the run across several varieties 90% plus. Thought you would like to know.

• Like 1

@Flying Monkey Thank you so much for the feedback mate. Eventhough we take every precaution to stop this occurring, on the odd occasion it does. 

Look out for A pm my friend. I'll make this correct :yep:

Thanks again for the feedback  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The only issue I’ve come across , and I’ve more than done my fair share of HSO seeds, was a Mango Sapphire last year around June iirc that did germ (or at least crack the shell slightly) but then didn’t do anything. Was a surprise at the time as every other seed I germed came through in the same conditions and I do get good germ rates. 

I would never claim it was a bad seed though as too many variables are at play (me) and it did crack the shell, but the joint I’m smoking of critical jack made me think this would be useful to post. :skin_up:

• Like 1

On 26/10/2018 at 6:52 PM, mot123 said:

The only issue I’ve come across , and I’ve more than done my fair share of HSO seeds, was a Mango Sapphire last year around June iirc that did germ (or at least crack the shell slightly) but then didn’t do anything. Was a surprise at the time as every other seed I germed came through in the same conditions and I do get good germ rates. 

I would never claim it was a bad seed though as too many variables are at play (me) and it did crack the shell, but the joint I’m smoking of critical jack made me think this would be useful to post. :skin_up:

Very useful my friend  :bong:

Now, even though we take every precaution to stop this happening it can still occur as it a living element. 

Sorry about that one mate. I'll gladly replace for your next run :bong:

Thanks for the feedback my friend  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I bought Chemdawg, Choc Mint OG and Amherst SD. I got 3 Blue Dream freebies ... thanks.

I planted 1 of each into a seed tray/propogator with Canna Terra Professional Pro. On a heated mat. I monitored Temp and humidity and kept in the mid 70'sF.

Blue Dream, Choc Mint OG and Amherst SD germinated and were above the surface within 3 days. A record for me.

No sign of the Chemdawg.

So I planted another. This did germinate, but is a weak seedling. Now 5/6 weeks later it looks 3 weeks behind the others although it is just 5 days younger.

Disappointed I popped another this failed to germinate.

So 1/3 on the Chemdawg.

So I planted another Choc Mint OG .. this was above surface in 60 hours!

Are the Chemdawg seeds older stock?

I'm 100% with the others.

33% with the Chemdawg and that one isn't a keeper!

I'll have to wait until I have space to try another Chemdawg as I've taken a couple of cuttings from the first 3 plants.

Geoff

• Like 1

@Geoff I'm so sorry to read that our ChemDawg has failed you in both germination and slow growth rate from the 1 seed that you did manage to sprout. 

As far as I know, no, the ChemDawg are not old stock even if it was this should still not occur and is unacceptable. 

Look out for a pm my friend. I will try my best to make this correct  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Really nice to see you guys so much interested in growers feedback. :headbang:

Good to say I had nothing but great germination rates from hso strains I tried: Blue Dream, Blue Dream cbd, Chemdawg, Green Crack, 707 Headband, Chocolate Mint og, Raspberry Diesel, Mango Sapphire, Lemon Garlic og and my favorite Black dog, all fems. I lost some for grower error (me) but in terms of germination rate I've been between 80-100%. Very happy with them

Keep it going HSO :rockon:

G

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, G_lab said:

Really nice to see you guys so much interested in growers feedback. :headbang:

Good to say I had nothing but great germination rates from hso strains I tried: Blue Dream, Blue Dream cbd, Chemdawg, Green Crack, 707 Headband, Chocolate Mint og, Raspberry Diesel, Mango Sapphire, Lemon Garlic og and my favorite Black dog, all fems. I lost some for grower error (me) but in terms of germination rate I've been between 80-100%. Very happy with them

Keep it going HSO :rockon:

G

That's how it should be my friend but on the odd occasion things like this do occur. When they do I feel it is our right to correct this :yep:

So glad our strains are doing as intended in your garden and thank you for the feedback on your experience germinating our genetics  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

I had a 3 fem pack of Bubbas Gift that every seed was a dud

was pretty bummed out I wanted to run it alongside my Black DOG (which I’ve never had problems with) because they both have similar flowering times

ive grown other HSO strains but Bubbas Gift was the only one to not even get started lol

Edited by G'n'E
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, G'n'E said:

I had a 3 fem pack of Bubbas Gift that every seed was a dud

was pretty bummed out I wanted to run it alongside my Black DOG (which I’ve never had problems with) because they both have similar flowering times

ive grown other HSO strains but Bubbas Gift was the only one to not even get started lol

Did you make a complaint mate?

If not drop me a pm and I can try to sort this out :yep:

0/3 seeds is unacceptable on our end and I'll do my best to make this correct  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSO-Mark said:

Did you make a complaint mate?

If not drop me a pm and I can try to sort this out :yep:

0/3 seeds is unacceptable on our end and I'll do my best to make this correct  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Nah I didn’t complain shit happens mate I know the game lol  Sometimes seeds just don’t work 

the HSO ig acnt follows me and so does Bio vortex so shits all good lol

Edited by G'n'E
  • Like 1

@G'n'E Even so mate. 0/3 is not good and something we would totally replace.

You know how to ready me my friend  ;)

Glad there no hard feelings and as said before if needed I will replace :yep:

Thanks for being cool about this buddy ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

7 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

@G'n'E Even so mate. 0/3 is not good and something we would totally replace.

You know how to ready me my friend  ;)

Glad there no hard feelings and as said before if needed I will replace :yep:

Thanks for being cool about this buddy ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Man if you wannna replace I won’t complain lol 

• Like 1

i have just got 10 out of 10 for my gorilla breath & Ogkz i used paper towel method 2 saucers with wet paper towel then place on 

cable box for bit of heat next day all popped but i broke 2 in root riots. but i am very happy customer...last week i bought nicole kush 

3 x seeds from marimberous none of them germed  £50 wasted....so humboldt seeds 100% happy with your germ rates