“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”

Terrence McKenna

• Like 1

“We seldom realize, for example that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society.”

Alan Watts

The last 2 quotes I've posted are sort of touching on the same thing, how much of the shit in our heads is just mind pollution?  What thoughts are genuinely yours?

Need to really explore meditation I think.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

An unhealed person can find offense in pretty much anything someone does. A healed person understands that actions of others has absolutely nothing to do with them. Each day you are a step further in your healing process.

Josiah Brandt has two series of Daily Neville (Goddard) broken into 20 minute chunks. Reading the books chapter by chapter and analysing from the perspective of the present day. Season 2 is ongoing and I think worth tuning in for.

Daily Neville: Season 1: Power of Awareness

Daily Neville: Season 2: Prayer The Art of Believing (still ongoing at this point)

• Like 1