On 09/09/2022 at 9:11 PM, Kush Lover said:

Going back to the op, many speakers have helped me, I find the ones with Dr in the name less so. People are who have had similar experiences or you just click with. One of those things I believe there is no best motivational speaker as it’s so personal, but when those hairs stand on end you know

There's a guy called Eric Thomas who I like (not all of his stuff, he gotten a bit jesusy) but he got his PhD late late in life took 7yrs to pass a 4yr course or summat like that. 

But he came from humble beginnings and some of his motivational talks are really good. 

On of them gave me that goosebumps feeling and really hit home hard at a time when I really needed it.  These 6 words have gotten me through some tough shit since then. 

I can. 

I will. 

I must. 

Worth a look if you not heard of him imo :yinyang:

• Like 1

@Dodgee "I want it as bad as I want to breathe!"

Eric Thomas is fantastic and connects with so many people as like you say he really did come from the gutter and he made it. He doesn't wrap things up with complicated vocabulary which I think is a key point for me. A lot of motivational messages seem to have the same content...strip away the waste, the crap and unwanted while simplifying processes and focussing on the basics. Whilst at the same time working out what your priorities really are and what drives you or should I say "what's your why?". its like in the sales side of the industry I am in, a few years ago technology complicated the sales process, younger generations hide behind emails and don't pick up the phone and people started developing a lot of strategies / sales practices and it evolved from a pitch to story telling. What do we do when that shit doesn't work and confuses people...we go back to the basics and just find the right people, build rapport, pitch and close. Everything is built on a foundation on basics which we stray away from time to time so its really important and beneficial to get back there once in a while.

Just going to leave this here for interested parties, its my go to when shit gets tough or I just plain as day can't get into it. Fully appreciate its not for everyone but then I am a glutton for punishment but these three guys are all people who have achieved their goals and one of them being Eric Thomas. For me I can be not in the mood for anything but by the end of the video I am pumped for pretty much anything! One last thing I just love the fact the woke brigade haven't infiltrated these bad asses!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

seems a lot of people will never understand and therefore will never change for the better .dont be one of them .stay fluid .stay grounded ..