badbillybob

For just a 10 day veg period im super inpressed at how well Critical+ has done. Technically with say

10 days veg

56 days bloom

This is only 66 day's from germination to potential harvest. As fast if not faster than autoflowering genetics. Be interesting to see the end yields from these :)

Now onto the beautiful Purple Moby dick. Defitely the star of the show. Big, densely structured flowers with that lovely purple colouring. They still have around 21 days to go. Would you agree brother @badbillybob?

The Critical will be finished before PMD so maybe 14 days for Critical and 21 for PMD  :yep:

Thanks for the update brother, I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

thanks Mark, but the critical is not a Dinafem strain, it isn't the critical +. 

it has the critical Bilbao parent tho, so its an easy mistake to make.

Its actually a critical XXL from bcn seedstockers. I thought it was from zambesa, but I checked tonight and its definitely BCN seedstockers. The report says its pretty strong, so I hope its right. These have a few weeks to go, about 50/50  clear/ cloudy trichomes.  3 weeks maybe?

The lemons will be pulled next week I think. I had a good look at them thru the loupe, and don't see anything to be gained by leaving them longer, I'm just wasting electricity on them  just now.

The mobys have slowed right down and are showing a few orange hairs, but still has quite a few clear trichomes, probably 10-20%, with the rest cloudy, no ambers yet,  so probably another fortnight on them. They didn't really bulk out as much as I thought they would, given the GDP and Jack herer parentage, both being great producers, but I'm not moaning, I'm gonna have plenty of bud off them.

I'm already looking forward to my next adventure, but not looking forward to trimming these lot.

• Like 3

I dunno mate, I thought they were outs Spain somewhere, but that might be just because I saw it was using the critical Bilbao cut, which is big in Spain. 

Seedfinder says they are from Barcelone - just like Manuel from Fawlty towers - que.

A mate is growing the auto version of this, and its got huge colas on it. I reckon if I had veged it longer than 10 days it would have been massive

its actually critical Bilboa cross critical+

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

picture update today. they will have their final res change tonight or tomorrow.

I wondered why the purps designation because up till a couple of weeks ago they were all green leaved just like normal plants, but , oh now I see it.

heres the mobys first up,large.4.jpglarge.3.jpglarge_22.jpglarge_18.jpglarge_14.jpglarge_13.jpglarge_12.jpglarge_11.jpglarge_15.jpglarge_21.jpglarge_20.jpglarge.2.jpg

large_19.jpg

there are some beautiful colours on them eh?

Lovely job, im gonna be filling their final res, and will reduce feeds to 0.8/1.0 ish for another week or so, see how they look then. 

Now the criticalsXXLs, these are , for me, the stars of the show, given how little veg they had (10 days), look at em now, oooh laaa laaaa

large.7.jpglarge.6.jpglarge.5.jpglarge_16.jpg

and finally the lemons, well, whats left of them. one is actually doing a half decent job of producing, despite its many deficiencies, the other is just for show ha ha, its a dead ducklarge.8.jpglarge_17.jpglarge.1.jpg

not long to go till sore finger week, I can hardly wait. It looks like the criticals will be another week behind the rest, but we will see nearer the time. 

There now, that should be enough picsto keep you happy for another week aye?

Cheers

• Like 9

Those Critical XXL are showing some crazy growth brother  :yep:

So sorry I got this mixed up with our Critical+ XXL auto mate, it's hard to keep track at times lol

The Bilbao cut of Critical is fantastic and what we used in our 2.0 variant due to the mold and pest resistance. A solid foundation strain for sure ;)

Now onto the lush looking Purple Moby dick  :) That colour is really starting to pop out now mate. It is cold outside so that could be assisting but every grow I've seen of PMD have had that lovely purple shimmer  :)

Another week closer to harvest and looking in great shape :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

these are almost cooked. I took a tester bud or three down tonight, and they trich coverage on them is crazy.

The vert-o-stand did good, and using the metal halide sideways has definitely helped.

even the dire looking lemon is absolutely caked in trichs, ill take a pic or 2 tomorrow,.

my mouth is watering just thinking about it......

• Like 1

managed a few pics. Here you go, Left to right its moby, then lemon then ctitical

same order for the next 3 pics. 

Moby has lovely purpling through it, and smells great.

the lemon haze is the one that looked dead on its feet a fortnight ago. Its still smokable tho eh? loads of trichs, I love it

And the critical , it'll do......nicely

trim job aint the best, but I don't care, it will smoke fine, the small leaves are coated in trichs too. 

large.1.jpglarge.3.jpglarge.4.jpglarge.2.jpg

• Like 7

Yeah im pretty happy with them.

the lower buds are pretty dense too, which is down to the vertical light, im sure .

ive filled 2 rows of my big net drier so far

I have just spent 2 and 1/2 hours trimming the first moby, im about 3/4 of the way thru it lol. I fukn hate trimming, im bored already

Knew I should have bought a spin pro...………………………..

Dear Santa...…………….

• Like 4

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

I have just spent 2 and 1/2 hours trimming the first moby, im about 3/4 of the way thru it lol. I fukn hate trimming, im bored already

Knew I should have bought a spin pro...………………………..

Dear Santa...…………….

Yea I think that's one of the reasons I'm a little reluctant to get a grow on tbh

I did start one and ended up sending them to my mates about two weeks in veg as my loft space was shit and I just didn't have the time to be f'ing about up there (god knows where the time will come from to trim)

I will definitely do one in the spring when environment is more manageable and I'll setup for very low maintenance

Was thinking of going organic compost or coco with timed drippers with a big arsed water butt

• Like 2

Nice fat dense nugs Billy, been a great grow to follow ;)

Not sure if I'll ever go down the full hydro route but it's good to learn from diaries like yours.

Nice to hear you're finally happy with the lemon turds mate lol Looks good shit to me :yep:

• Like 1