revisiting favourites

vince noir rock n roll star

ahh i get what you mean ..but like cream caramel has a certain strong flavour from the chop onwards ..phew thought you meant that exodus reek and tune in a a day smoke .

• Like 3

the crystal candy seed and the wild rose seed dont want to germinate because the john innes seed compost i bought is way too claggy and compacts without free draining ..very disappointed so i made me own batch of free draining coco/soil mix and looks like the wild rose replacement has cracked in 24 hours ..the problems ive had this year with crap soils and composts ..

• Like 1

the mandarine has really sped up now ..the caramel was already going for it ..little bit of maxicrop seaweed and some schotts seaweed  and thats all they`ve had ..the mandarine though i have to say is so pleasing to look at ..

large.101_5842.JPGlarge.101_5844.JPGlarge.101_5841.JPGlarge.101_5843.JPG

• Like 8

hopefully this can be moved into the competition thread to amass me some of them there reward points ..

• Like 2

theyve not had much to drink this week ..but a good drench of the goodstuff tomorrow ...gawd bless maxicrop 

theres been an addition to the tent to try out as well ..and as cream mandarine is the taller of the two i opted to put her in the spotlight as it were 

many thanks to @diyleduk for the 65watt veg quantum led board ...mandarine responded over night by producing resin ..impressed so far ans i will be using this light in the coming sweet seeds competition also .

large.101_5872.JPGlarge.101_5877.JPGlarge.101_5871.JPGlarge.101_5867.JPG

• Like 5

unfortunately i wont be entering this diary into the competition ..as its before the alloted time allowed ..but hey ..i still get to smoke these ..so a win for me ta .

the mandarine is loving being under the @diyleduk veg panel ..starting to frost up ..must be about week 5 or 6 now ..the caramel is showing some brown pistils on all four heads ..hopefully only a week or two for her as well ,that will free up the space needed for the competiton ..i sound like i know what im doing lol

large.101_5891.JPGlarge.101_5882.JPGlarge.101_5890.JPGlarge.101_5883.JPG

• Like 7

Looks like there is a few more weeks in those yet.  Lovely green leaves. 

I will be having a go at Cream Caramel and Cream Mandarine FV shortly, looks like I am in for a treat !

• Like 2

final week of flush i think for the cream caramel ..

large.101_5929.JPGlarge.101_5928.JPG

@diyleduk they are loving the veg light chap ..4000k works wonders 

large.101_5930.JPG

cream mandarine definately likes it 

• Like 7

well the cream caramel with its limey smells got the cut and most went into some cannabutter for wifey ...meanwhile ...the cream manderine takes another week or so ..she does indeed smell mandariney which is a nice sign ..shes bringing out her autumnal colours especially now the tent is being affected by the cooler night time temps ..wont be long and the radiator will be coming out of retirement ..

large.DSCN0662.JPG

• Like 5

@vince noir rock n roll starhad to have a little look since you grow a good range of sweet seeds strains and have some fast versions on the go, is it just me or do the Fast Versions of seeds seem to be very hit and miss compared to standard photo period strains. I have never grown any Fast Versions from any seedbanks so I have no idea, other than im having a not so great time with them. Doing nothing different than I normally do with seeds. Has me scratching more than my head.

Toke...

• Like 2

in what way hit and miss? 

germination ?

or stability of strain ?

germination seems ok as long as medium isnt too hot in nitrogen ..

stability ..well ive not had hermes from fast versions ..i do find that with the cream caramel fv it shows more of the fruity side more so than the fuelly side ..mandarine i dont see or taste much difference .

• Like 2