Use your Noodle, Keep it simple!

CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM

large.20181011_114709_2.jpglarge.20181011_114711_2.jpglarge.20181011_114715_2.jpg

STICKY RIB

large.20181011_114703_2.jpglarge.20181011_114701_2.jpglarge.20181011_114657_2.jpg

BEEF AND TOMATO

large.20181011_114647_2.jpglarge.20181011_114642_2.jpg

The sticky rib  is looking a bit droopy but otherwise all are looking ok after the defoliation, quite pleased really they should open up quite nicely in the next week or two.

Shame about the gnats but with only 3 little pots in the tent to worry about it should hopefully be easier to deal with them.

I have got some spare orca sheeting fitted In there now too, will grab some pics of that later.

• Like 5

Oh couple more things to add.

I had a lil measure up the sticky rib is around 30cm from top of the pot noodle to the top of the plant and the others are both roughly 40cm. Let's hope they don't grow too much more upwards or I'm going to run out of room pretty quick! :unsure:

Getting rather thirsty now they are under the cmh in the smaller warmer tent so will probably put my wicks in tonight and start feeding them that way.

They have moved onto a 20/4 lighting scheme now instead of the 24hr when they were under T5's. This means I can re introduce my foliar feeds and chilli spray during lights off without risk of burning anything.

Think that covers it, thanks for stopping in! :v:

• Like 4

Suffering the dreaded Man flu currently. 

All looking good except the sticky rib did get attacked by one of the sticky traps! Accidentally combined thier stickiness together and we lost a few leaf tips separating them! :bangin:

• Like 3

As @vince noir rock n roll star has said luckily enough this strain has minimal stretch in bloom :)

All 3 are fair size and I think are going to be some of the bigger "Bubbas gift" in this bit of community fun  :)

Looking good from this end. Get well soon my friend  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

@vince noir rock n roll star Do you think if we picked a strain with brutal stretch in bloom, say Chocolate mint og or Amherst sour diesel. 

Do you think the reduced pot size and medium would affect the stretch of the plant?

Be interesting to pick a strain at the opposite end of the spectrum for the next time ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

you can limit the stretch by pot size most definately ,depends what plants they are ..ive done nevs haze in my tent in a half litre pot ..it all depends what your expecting from the plant ..do you want a sample smoke ? is it because you have no space ,do you need to produce  x ammount but no more ...theres lots of variables but with the purer end of the sativas or rather the closer to the original haze genetics you get the more responsive they seem to be to root restriction .for example im running dreamberry at the moment ,it has nevs haze in it ..ive got it in a small basket ,had to snap it 6 times so far to grow sideways so i can make it fit ..when it runs out of space i snap it back on itself ..forming a zig zag of branches ..you can fit big sativas in small tents its just for so long the info weve had on them is mainly from the u.s and they do things their way ..we do them our way .

a pot noodle sativa will grow like normal ..in fact would do very well i suspect .

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

With a very heavy heart I am going to have to retire.

The BDG households been ravaged by flu. I ended up bed ridden for a couple days, slept for over 24 hours after burning myself out trying to keep the household together this past week. I'm still in full on malaise but feel over the worst now.

Forced myself up early this morning in a panic sfter the long sleep and headed straight to the tents but almost everything is dead all my mums have wilted to fuck. Males I had for testing are fucked or started forcing themselves into flower. Most of the plants I had revegging died. Proper devastated :down: 

Sat here looking in my mum tent, tempted to just give up and start again, I have trimmed back hoping some of the lower stuff on the worst ones will spring back to life.

If I had been in bigger pots everything probably would have been ok.

The 3 bubba noodle are actually not too bad thanks to the fact I had the wicks in, but in no fit state for flowering. I have re potted them today into something more sensible and hope to return to at least do a normal diary of them flowering out.

Give me some time to recover from the illness and the mental devastation of all of this, let the plants sort themselves out see what makes it through.

I hope to start a new diary in the sub forum once I am ready to come back and will pop a link in here for anyone to follow on from this failed attempt.

It was a fun adventure while it lasted, and i hope if there is another pot noodle comp i can try again next time.

large._IMG_000000_000000.jpg

And the gnats are still hanging about too... bastards.

Sorry @HSO-Mark:russian:

• Like 2

Yeah, quite a few of them will pull through hopefully@Golden Syrup.

A couple went straight in the bin though including the one reveg I really really really wanted to keep and my disco #7 keeper was totally fried :wallbash: 

Feeling a bit more positive though after having some time to think about what to do going forwards, I have a bit of a plan laid out now.

Cant beat myself up too bad over this or I'll end up depressed again. 

Just remember.... small pots, punish you lots!

I shall repeat that everyday of 2019 so I dont forget.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

such a shame that ..like syrup has said if they not crispy they will bounce back ..hopefully you are feeling better now as well .

• Like 4

What a kick in the privates. 

Sorry to read this mate but if you repot into more medium I think you can atleast salvage the bubbas gift  :yep:

Also, Your other plant do look terrible but if you give them a bit of tlc they will bounce back  :bong:

Keep us posted mate. You maybe out of the competition but I think you'll be surprised at how well they bounce back :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to see this mate I hope some of your plants have started to pull through, just remember it all starts from a seed, I know it will seem devastating after all the time and work you put into it but it can all happen again, it just takes a little longer, keep your head up mate 

• Like 2

Hi guys,

I cloned and then culled everything  I had left yesterday once they looked healthy enough to do so. If they dont root then that's the end of the line.

I wanted to get everything back to a similar stage of health and growth so I can flower out everything together and hope that I also finally rid myself of the gnats that were still lingering in small numbers.

The only whole plants I have left are the 3 original  bubba noodles now in 1.5L pots which are looking much healthier but not much bigger than before. I plan to put them in 4.5l and flower them out very soon indeed.

I'll get some pics up later today, thanks for checking in.

:yinyang:

• Like 4