Room for one more pot noodle?

I had an idea of doing a pot noodle sized hempy bucket, im not decided yet but either way its going straight on a 12/12 under 630w cmh. 

I planted all 3 in jiffys and hopefully will see some life in a few days. 

large.20180525_114425-1305x979.jpg

• Like 4

Hahahaha he's definitely not alone! I made such a mess opening my Green Cracks and Sapphire OG's that I snapped one vial and accidentally lost track of which strain was which, as soon as I'd planted. There was no way they were going back in that wooden block....

Thankfully the plant/leaf structures of both strains were homogenous and different enough from each other that I was able to figure it out a couple weeks after planting some more. There is an instructional in the HSO section for opening them properly, but I'm a hot head when it comes to opening packets so I wasn't about to do a search for that thread when I had a drill within reach. That'll teach me though!

Atb with this grow mate, I'll be starting mine as soon as these Malibu Pies are done.

In the mean time, I'll pull up my chair. :skin_up:

19 minutes ago, buddy13 said:

problems opening the box dude?:rofl:

Yea used some pliers lol

This is how far i got with the hempy bucket:

large.20180525_123357-979x1305.jpglarge.20180525_123407-979x1305.jpg

Im not sure if the hole too big or if its at the right height. I will put coco in the top half and hopefully the roots should find the water and grow in the void, thats the theory. I dunno wether to duck tape the pot so its a bit darker in there, 

3 minutes ago, SevernValleySavant said:

Hahahaha he's definitely not alone! I made such a mess opening my Green Cracks and Sapphire OG's that I snapped one vial and accidentally lost track of which strain was which, as soon as I'd planted. There was no way they were going back in that wooden block....

Thankfully the plant/leaf structures of both strains were homogenous and different enough from each other that I was able to figure it out a couple weeks after planting some more. There is an instructional in the HSO section for opening them properly, but I'm a hot head when it comes to opening packets so I wasn't about to do a search for that thread when I had a drill within reach. That'll teach me though!

Atb with this grow mate, I'll be starting mine as soon as these Malibu Pies are done.

In the mean time, I'll pull up my chair. :skin_up:

Cheers matey they certainly are tamper proof which can only be a good thing, i still not found a good way of getting the seeds without damaging the vial or block lol. 

• Like 3

Really happy to see your HSO pot noodle adventure up and running mate :bong:

Now how to get into our packaging lol

The easiest way I've found it 

Get a screw, screw it into the glue and pull out. If you are still facing issues try heating the glue slightly and pull the vial out :)

Might have to do a quick how to guide for this ;)

Welcome aboard mate :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 3

Hows it going peeps? So two out of three aint bad and only need one for my entry so happy days.

I got them on 12/12 in the shade atm, which is probably why they stretching. My theory is if the root zone is restricted, i need to restrict the light to a point where they dont over grow the pots. They might get moved closer to a light source as time goes on. 

Also im thinking of some sort of support to train them around.

large.20180601_091902-1305x979.jpg

Thanks for looking peeps

• Like 5

best of luck ..this will be tres interesting indeed .

• Like 2

Interesting approach mate and one that looks to be working so far ;)

Just to clarify this. Your on 12/12 lighting but your restricting the amount of light exlosure/lumens available to slow the growth down?

Would this be a correct description mate? And as always thanks for the update  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

Yes mate 12/12 in the shade, im expecting some real lanky bubbas! Gna wrap them round some sort of support like a vine. When flower kicks i might hit them with some direct light to get some decent buds.

Thanks for looking in guys ile keep this updated at least weekly

• Like 2

@cocopips Thanks for clearing that up mate and sounds like a solid plan :bong:

Loving the variety this thread is bringing out :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

Yea theres a few good ideas, i think the simple ones will be the best i recon. 

Will take a pic tomoz, still small plants

• Like 1

On 12/06/2018 at 7:54 PM, cocopips said:

Yea theres a few good ideas, i think the simple ones will be the best i recon. 

The KISS (KeepItSimpleStoner) tends to work out the best mate :yep:

This has been very interesting to watch. Lots of different types of growers so many different techs being used :yep:

Your looking in good shape my friend and I'll drop back in on the next update  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2