Lemon Thai Kush & Chemdog by JamJar

They're looking nice and healthy now mate! 

How did you manage to burn the leaves? Was it having the lights too close... Again ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, beezee said:

They're looking nice and healthy now mate! 

How did you manage to burn the leaves? Was it having the lights too close... Again ;)

Cheers buddy :)

Yeah Well.. I have my blurple LED unit at the max height in my little veg cab.. 

If it keep happning i will be changing that blurple unit for a 5000K SMD panel. Same panels are what im using in my flower tent. They can be sat nearly ontop of the plants without any burn so that may be a better option.

But it might not even be the lights.. It could be me feeding them with hot feed lol

Atb

JJ

• Like 3

lol I try and go easy on nutes, until the plants tell me they want more. I think the burbles need to be a good distance away from the plants too going off your previous mishap ;)

I'm sure you'll work it out soon enough :yep:

• Like 3

On 01/06/2018 at 0:39 PM, beezee said:

lol I try and go easy on nutes, until the plants tell me they want more. I think the burbles need to be a good distance away from the plants too going off your previous mishap ;)

I'm sure you'll work it out soon enough :yep:

This is always advisable and I do think a lot more research needs to go into led lights. They are close to being better than traditional hid lighting (hps/mh) but there are so many companies out there that it makes it hard to find the correct height from plants etc as all these units do not work the same.

You'll get there brother @JamJar:yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

Yes im starting to think because i went for the 10W diodes version of the blurple lamp instead of the 5w.. I think this lamp needs to be a good 3 fr above the plants. Which is useless for me.

Il be going for SMD panel just like the ones in the flower tent but daylight White 4500-5000k 

Atb

JJ

• Like 2

Viugreum (China wholesaler i think)

There the same as the cheap SMD floodlights on ebay but i bought through amazon as i have amazon prime 30 day free returns which is handy.

£52.59 for 200W panel.

Atb

JJ

• Like 2

@HSO-Mark

Im not guna lie if i had the money i would get Quantum Boards from HGL. I have convinced myself these SMDs are a cheap alternative to Quantum Boards lol

But then again im sure there will be a new led light out shortly which i can jump to and probably be happy i didnt spend hundreds of pounds on Quantum Boards lol

Led light companies have gone down the same route as a mobile phone companies...  New model every 6 months thats better than the one u just bought.. Total reform after a year and now ur ones crap.. Total bullshit but human nature listens to it. 

Tbh i would steer away from Blurple units 

Atb

JJ

• Like 2

I think there's some new luminus cobs just been released and the pucks that growmau5 helped develop which are supposed to be the best right now.

There's a really good UK based guy that keeps up as best as he can with them all and built my rig for me ;)

• Like 3

nice selection of strains. there looking sweet mate. i have some em dogs from hso at week 9 flower, there a cross of chemdog#4 and og kush, buds are huge, and stink very strong, kushy, gassy stink with a citrus thing going on. i think your gonna like the chemdog. :yinyang:

all the best with the grow jamjar, il pull up a chair. :skin_up:

smokie1

• Like 4

Update time :)

Little bit late for my liking but to be honest they have only just recovered from the tying down so much better photos.

Lets start with the Lemon Thai Kush. What a lovely plant to play with :) quite stretchy with thin branches. The nodes on this Girl grow alot quicker than other strains ive grown, which helps alot with mainlining.

#1 she has been taken to 4 tops. She was topped once and using the lower 2 nodes i created a little manifold. 

large.PicsArt_06-11-05_08_17.jpglarge.PicsArt_06-11-05_09_28.jpg

#2 she was topped once and pulled down to expose Some nodes :) i then topped both sides and trimmed her up so she had 6 nodes left to grow (6 tops). Shes got Some burn on her fan leaves as u can See but i dont know what it is.. No other plants have it in the tent. So its either the oil rad thats next to her (close but not touching and my potnoodle Girl is even closer) or bad watering? Im abit bad for leaving it an extra day :wallbash:

large.PicsArt_06-11-05_10_56.jpglarge.PicsArt_06-11-05_12_34.jpg

ChemDawg is another lovely plant that is alot more squat than the LTK. I cant See her stretching much so she may be vegged an extra 2 weeks past the LTK so there simular heights in the flower room.

Same teq used on both Chemdawgs. After looking at the pics i think i may take them to 6 tops each rather than 4. Depends on how little they do stretch?? Id be pissed off if they end up too short lol

large.PicsArt_06-11-05_02_24.jpglarge.PicsArt_06-11-05_03_58.jpg

large.PicsArt_06-11-05_05_31.jpglarge.PicsArt_06-11-05_06_54.jpg

All being fed 2mlpl Biobizz FISHMIX 

All currently sitting in 3L of soil which will soon be potting up to 7.5L ready for the flip.

Hope everyone is Well and i will See u all soon. 

Atb

JJ

• Like 3

On 04/06/2018 at 7:42 PM, JamJar said:

Im not guna lie if i had the money i would get Quantum Boards from HGL. I have convinced myself these SMDs are a cheap alternative to Quantum Boards lol

That went right over my head like a Boeing 747 lol

Not the best with led mate but im learning  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so first off i need to appologise @HSO-Mark for the delayed update. Ive just realised it been a month! 

So since the last last update these girla havent been touched. They have just been on a steady feed of 2mlpl Fishmix. I hurt my back quite bad so i couldnt even turn the girls regular so there is abit of uneven growth on the smaller plants.

CHEMDAWG are both in 13ltr pots as i ran out of 7.5ltr which i usually use. Luckily the shape of the 13ltr pots are tall and thin so simular diameter to the 7.5ltr wide pots i have.

Chemdawg #1 

large.20180710_185933-1612x1209.jpglarge.20180710_185925-1612x1209.jpglarge.20180710_185914-1209x1612.jpg

Chemdawg #2

large.20180710_190523-1209x1612.jpglarge.20180710_190538-1612x1209.jpglarge.20180710_190532-1612x1209.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photos im inbetween phones atm lol

LEMON THAI KUSH have been potted into 7.5ltr finals which was last week along with the chemdogs.

Lemon Thai Kush #1 

This big girls has been put into the flower tent tonight as she hit my max veg height and shes apparently a stretcher so she may be my first problem child.

large.20180710_190109-1209x1612.jpglarge.20180710_190125-1612x1209.jpglarge.20180710_190118-1612x1209.jpg

Lemon Thai Kush #2 

She was at the back of the veg box and was not getting any rotation so has suffered a little. But i now have room in the veg box to play with her for a week or so.

large.20180710_190425-1612x1209.jpglarge.20180710_190418-1612x1209.jpglarge.20180710_190411-1209x1612.jpg

I will try my best to do more updates lol just alot on irl at the mo.

Atb

JJ

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Alright there @JamJar 

Sorry to hear you’ve hurt your back mate, hopefully you feel a bit better by now.

The Ltk looks likes it is gonna take off come flower :yep: 

The size of those fans on the chemdawg massive, and sounds right up my street, one for the future me thinks.

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2