Dinafem Gorilla Grow

unity

Update time, day 14 of flower.

Since summer hit my temps soared in the tent, so I replaced both my ballasts & bulbs so I can reduce down to 400W.  Temps are now peaking at around 30, an improvement previous where it had hit high 30's.

If that wasn't enough, the spider mites I previously thought I had managed to defeat have reared their heads again.  If I can't get rid of them during this grow, I'll put all ops on hold after this so I can purge the empty room properly with a couple of smokers.

In prep for week 3 manicure, I gave them a slight lollipopping today, I'll be more thorough this time next week.

Feed this week:

3ml Sumo Bloom

1ml sumo boost

.5ml silica

1ml regenaroot

Here they are before:

Top view:

large.5b2ff9b928b05_Week3beforetop.jpg

And down below: (i'd just made a start with that lil pile)

large.5b2ff9b605765_week3beforebelow.jpg

Here they are after.  I moved #5 out to the back, and brought the short stocky #1 out under the light.

large.5b2ff9b457631_week3aftertop.jpg

And down below after:

large.5b2ff9b2a83c3_week3afterbelow.jpg

Til next week, thanks for viewing any opinions are more than welcome :)

Unity

• Like 4

Hi @unity

They look good really mate. :bong: 

You've reminded me that I must start my lollypopping over the next week :starwars:

I'm gutted for you that you've got spider mites again though mate! Those cunz are one of the reasons that drove me over the edge & give up growing last time around, as I couldn't seem to get rid of the fuckers! :headpain:

I hope you can do something with them? As with the hot dry weather coming up those mites are gonna breed like buggery & come harvest they'll be webs everywhere! :fear:

What I didn't realize back then though is that I took them into my tent by carrying them on my clothes! I had a bush which I brushed past everyday & it was covered in them! I thought they were crawling in from outside some how, getting past my filters!

That bush got destroyed since, but I'm much more careful now, I use overshoes & clean room/decorating overs, so I'm only exposing clothing that is not exposed to outside. I'm preying this will do, but I know the nightmare spider mite bring & I'll do anything to prevent an outbreak. So my heart bleeds for you brother :yinyang:

• Like 3

The main issue you are going to face at this time of year is the outdoor heat which will make it difficult to keep those temps in optimal conditions. Without very expensive air conditioning units we do the best we can and your doing fine  :bong:

As you are hitting week 3 of the bloom stage the trimming and lollypopping has been done perfectly timed. Now that energy will be diverted to the remaing plant just as we hit the flower stage  :haveadab:

I know you have a spidermite issue which will increase during these hot months so my best advice is some form of treatment to keep it under control. Then after this grow try to totally eliminate the issue  :yep:

Thanks for taking the time to update brother. Keep up the fight. Your winning  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

Cheers guys,

These lil bastads have been the bain of my tent for over a year now, I'm currently hitting them with plant vitality, SB PI & Harkers.  If I can nuke the shit out of them, I will do so, they've been proper stubborn little fuckers tho.

I was only just recently educated onto harkers, hopefully some serious doses of this will keep them at bay.  Either way, once this little lot is done I''m going to smoke the room with three bombs, one in each tent & one in the room itself - that should do it.

• Like 4

Edit: Any other recommendations on how I can purge once the room is totally empty? I'm thinking a combo of some pestof fumer bombs, then a spray down inside & out fo the tents with a bleach solution?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unity said:

Edit: Any other recommendations on how I can purge once the room is totally empty? I'm thinking a combo of some pestof fumer bombs, then a spray down inside & out fo the tents with a bleach solution?

To be honest buddy, you sound like you've got the smoke bomb sorted, but they do stink like fuck mate, so if you're gonna drop one in your house then be prepared! :fart:

Other then the predator bugs, which are good if you're vegging 18/6 , but no good for flowering cycle, I can't suggest anything, unless you do what I did when I lost it & pack up all things cannabis & revisit 8 years later :unsure:

I take many preventing steps, such as a bug screen on my garage door, I then put on overshoes & an over suit before I enter my groom! But even with all that I still shit myself at the thought of getting the creepy fuckers again! :pitchfork:

• Like 1

I have a spare room I use for the grow, so Id set them off as i back out of the door, trail the tent exhaust power under the door, and leave overnight.  Then just turn the exhaust back on before entering the room :)

I have their demise all planned out :pitchfork:

• Like 3

On 25/06/2018 at 10:41 PM, unity said:

I have a spare room I use for the grow, so Id set them off as i back out of the door, trail the tent exhaust power under the door, and leave overnight.  Then just turn the exhaust back on before entering the room :)

I have their demise all planned out :pitchfork:

Sounds like a plan mate :yep:

Evict those little buggers  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Cheers mate, I really hope to.  I'm planning the above attack, repeated three times as I doubt any smoke bomb can actually work as an ovicide.

Will post an update on the ladies once I get a chance to, I did the 3-week butchering last night, so they've had their summer trim :)

• Like 2

Evening guys, thought it's about time due for another update.

Flowering cycle is now at day 5 of week 4.

Feed is

3ml Samurai bloom

.5ml samurai pk 9/18

1ml house & garden boost

1ml terpinator

Next week I plan to increase the feed up by 1ml, see if they respond ok to it.  So far their progress has actually been ok, considering the temps are still exceeding 30 in the tent every day, even with the lights on during the evening, and dropped down to 400W.  I'm really hoping this summer heat will piss off in time to let me finish them under the 6's, but we shall see.  On to the mug shots...

Here they are, lined up 1-5:

Number 1 is really showing out to be a sweet indica, I think this be one of my favs :)

large.5b4113c23c3c2_week4g1.JPG

Here's a closer shot of one of the tops from g1  :wub:

large.5b4113beebd7c_week4g1close.JPG

G2 is below, to the left. G1 is in the centre, G4 the rear.

large.5b4113c412820_week4g2.JPG

G3 is still kinda on the fence, she's looking a little limp compared to the rest.  If the others need more space, she'll be the one to give it up.  From below shot the bud formation of g3 looks noticeably behind others

large.5b4113bbd6ed6_week4g3.JPG

G4 is looking quite nice, had a fair stretch to her but looks under control now.

large.5b4113c08a7d9_week4g4.JPG

G5 at the rear is keeping up with g1 on consumption,both these two are drinking very healthily, always a good sign :)

large.5b4113c580026_week4g5.JPG

And to finish, here is a top view of the tent:

large.5b4113bd9648d_week4all.JPG

Still battling those little b'stads, am just about keeping them at bay so far.  Hopefully I might have hit them hard enough, early enough to do the damage, but I highly doubt it.

Many thanks for all views and comments, til the next :smoke: :skin_up:

• Like 4

All I can say mate it WOW! :bong:

Yours are coming along so sweet! We'll done mate :yep:

I look forward to the invite round when the smoke report is due :skin_up:

• Like 3

Hitting the half way point in the flower stage and those buds are putting on some serious weight and trichome production looks amazing  :yep:

I'm going on vacation soon but will be back for the main attraction the harvest :yep:

Until then keep up the great work, things look great ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Evenin guys,

Thought I'd drop in with another update.  I took these just now, day 38 in flower.  Had a slight close shave with the heat where they ran a little dryer on one day than I would have liked, but they all bounced back after a feed.

Feed:

4ml Shogun Flower

.5ml Shogun PK

1ml House & Garden top boost

Here is the lot of them, top view:

large.5b4f990252eff_day38all.JPG

Then to show each a little better here's s budshot from each :)

G1:

large.5b4f990410f7c_day38g1.JPG

G2:

large.5b4f9905949a7_day38g2.JPG

G3:

large.5b4f9906aca33_day38g3.JPG

G4:

large.5b4f990828e75_day38g4.JPG

G5:

large.5b4f990963438_day38g5.JPG

That's all til the next :)

Edited by unity
hit post too soon...
  • Like 4

:wub:

Looking really sexy mate :wub:

The sane lush green as mine, very consistent genetics I might add :skin_up:

Are you definitely at 38days today mate? As I thought you were at least a week ahead of me & my lady is around the 35 days region today I think? Unless I'm mistaken if course?

I'm not giving my Gorilla anymore than 2ml  Shogun Bloom though, as she looks far from hungry! 

You've reminded me its about time I did another update. :yinyang:

• Like 3