Dinafem Gorilla Grow

unity

Hi all,

Firstly many thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for the chance to have a crack at the new strain, much appreciated bro :skin_up:

I'll update this this diary as often as I can, be it weekly, or whenever I get in there.  Still very much consider myself a learning student at the art, will certainly appreciate any and all advice from any who come along for the ride :smokin:

Onto the beans, received five fem beans, so I popped all five as i think five plants will fill my 1.2sq space nicely. I'm going to try and keep these quit tidy where I can, maybe a pinch out, but nothing to massive.

I started by dropping them into a glass of council pop:

large.5aeb45f970295_01Dayone.jpg

I left them like this for an hour or so, them gave them a prod to get sub surface, all bar one sank and that was having a good go at it:

large.5aeb45fb3977a_01sinking.jpg

After a day in water they are transferred to my high-tech germination factory...

large.5aeb45fa5bd16_01germfac.jpg

So here we are today after 24 hours processing in the germination factory, looking really good, these were solid beans a day back.  Can't complain with 100% germination, all looking nice and healthy so far.

large.5aeb45f83a8a4_0124hours.jpg

After this I put them back into the wet paper towel for another day, I'd like the tap root to get a little more established before I pop them into soil, if that's not tomorrow, I'm sure it'll be day after.

Will update again with pre-potting-pikkies in a day or so..

• Like 6

@unity

Good luck , can I ask, is that germination factory set up for Gravity to send the tap roots down to stop them twirling around the seed???

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Jack010 said:

@unity

Good luck , can I ask, is that germination factory set up for Gravity to send the tap roots down to stop them twirling around the seed???

Thanks

If it is and it works.....its genius....And im using the idea.......ty

I hate trying to place curly beans into root riot cubes and usually damage them with my ham fistedness lol

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

@Jack010 aye mate, spot on.  I used to transfer them to a plate with a towel, then I got a tip of hanging them as such, for this exact reason :)

• Like 4

Will follow along and see how they grow for you.

I have 3 seedlings above ground a few days now, will be using them to clone from later in the year.

Best of luck

Toke..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, unity said:

@Jack010 aye mate, spot on.  I used to transfer them to a plate with a towel, then I got a tip of hanging them as such, for this exact reason :)

I read on here somewhere about it, tried having the paper towels up on the side of a tub, not much luck, didn't think about what you done it, ha, good idea , thanks

i think i will pull up a chair for this one....  they look and sound bloody lovely  .....  i will enjoy watching these ladies grow .....:skin_up:

Edited by vortex
  • Like 2

Good luck with them mate. I too have a diary going, but your post must be much better than mine as I've only had one reply & I'm feeling a little neglected :skull: Haha!

I'll keep watching, as I'm looking forward to compare mine to yours :yinyang:

• Like 2

Good luck with them mate. I wish you the best of luck :bong:

I too have a Gorilla diary going on here, as I was lucky enough to get my beans dominated to by Mark.

Although your post must be much better than mine as I've only had one reply & I'm feeling a little neglected :skull: Haha!

• Like 3

Oops, double post! I didn't realize I posted before I finished editing my post. So if a moderator could delete my first post it would be appreciated :yinyang:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AKPOG said:

Good luck with them mate. I too have a diary going, but your post must be much better than mine as I've only had one reply & I'm feeling a little neglected :skull: Haha!

Cheers mate, I'll pop a sub to your as well, be nice to see how they both do :)

• Like 2

Off to a good star. Good luck wit the new genetics dude.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 1

Update:

48 hours into germination and you can really see how using gravity has assisted the tap roots development, I shall definitely be doing this from now on.

I numbered these relative to how they seemed in growth, so 1-5 is bottom left, middle, top right, top left, bottom right.

large.5aec93b868534_0148hours.jpg

I dropped them into a small pot of biobizz light to kick off with.  Once they grow a pair I'll pot them up into canna mud.

large.5aec93ba23c12_01potted.jpg

Initial feeding is just going to be water until they are either potted up, or show signs that they need something a little stronger than h2o.  Light wise I always start under a T5, lets me get the light nice & close to help minimise the stretch.  Once they are adequately developed they'll go under a 400 Mh.

I'll pop up another pikkie once they stick their head out to say hi :mellow:

• Like 3

Can't wait to see how these go. Definitely taking them for a spin myself after I finish this next grow. 

• Like 1