Gorilla - Grow Diary Attempt

AKPOG

26 minutes ago, AKPOG said:

Puff away at it a bit much & I'd say it would whitey the occasional toker easy :smokin:

@AKPOG...I'll take that challenge bro :) 

Do you use a vac or something to purge your bho, how do you go about it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unity said:

@AKPOG...I'll take that challenge bro :) 

Do you use a vac or something to purge your bho, how do you go about it?

You're more than welcome my friend, if you bring the doughnuts & orange juice for your whitey :bong: :rofl:

I don't use a vac oven, so it's been a pain staking warm up & freeze cycle until I can burn a small amount without fizzing. I've cracked the method to make budder, just keep letting it run at room temp & fold it, freeze it until it drys, then it becomes very stable at room temp.

But that's all behind me now, as I've got a quality 10 Tonne Press from Dabpress & it's fun to use for sure, but you soon end up with empty jars & more Rosin than you can consume :bangin:

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@AKPOG I'll bring the cannna cookies for when we get the munchies lol  :eat::woot:

Gotta admit I have been toying with the idea of a press...I just really like the idea of not using any chemicals / solvents.  Did it come as a complete kit, or did you have to but plates and stuff separately?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, unity said:

@AKPOG I'll bring the cannna cookies for when we get the munchies lol  :eat::woot:

Gotta admit I have been toying with the idea of a press...I just really like the idea of not using any chemicals / solvents.  Did it come as a complete kit, or did you have to but plates and stuff separately?

I got the same one @FarmerPalmersNT got from Dabpress, the Driptech 10T Press kit, nice & compact. Then all you need is a 10T Hydraulic Pump & you're good to go :yep:

• Like 3

By the way, I searched long and hard to find a way to get a press which was cheaper & just as compact without the nightmare. But you just can't beat the Chinese! :toot:

The press just screams quality & if you get a spillage on the plates it just wipes clean off! An absolute dream to use & just purely to look at if you like engineering :smokin:

ETA: It also shipped so much faster than I ever expected. In fact it came faster than the pump I ordered from the EU! :woot:

Edited by AKPOG
See ETA
  • Like 3

@AKPOG Do you have any pictures that you could share of your new press mate?

I would love to see ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 28/02/2019 at 4:19 PM, AKPOG said:

Yeah the BHO bloody stinks my house out mate! :bong:  I was storing it in our food fridge with my seeds, but my wife complained her ham sandwich tasted of weed! :woot: I'm now confined to the drinks fridge & I've had to buy a jar to keep my silicone containers in, as I stunk that fridge out too :bangin:

Happy wife is a happy life mate, have you thought about a mini fridge just for extract storage lol

Simple solution and will make the wife happy  :yep:

On 28/02/2019 at 4:19 PM, AKPOG said:

The flavour of the c-liquid is a real sweet skunk taste which hits your throat.

I've been meaning to try a bit of extract diluted or mixed into a vape liquid. This may give me the push I need :)

Do you have a recipy mate? Or just by the eye?

I'm thinking like 0.1g of oil to /1ml vape oil or pg/vg? 

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Do you have any pictures that you could share of your new press mate

Here you go mate...I too was following the thread by farmer... one of these is very much on my wish list 

this is the thread:

This is the press:

https://www.dabpress.com/collections/hydraulic-rosin-heat-presses/products/3x5-mini-hydraulic-rosin-heat-press-machine-strongway-hand-pump

• Like 1

On 04/03/2019 at 7:26 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

I've been meaning to try a bit of extract diluted or mixed into a vape liquid. This may give me the push I need :)

Do you have a recipy mate? Or just by the eye?

I'm thinking like 0.1g of oil to /1ml vape oil or pg/vg? 

Hi @Dinafem-Mark

Apologies for the delay in my reply & I see @unity jumped in for the press question, so I hope you are good to go with that?

Regarding my c-liquid recipe, a 1:10 ratio like you mentioned won't be very strong at all my friend. I would suggest getting some clean BHO or Rosin & mix with approx 1:3 ratio.

Therefore, I now mix mine without heat, just from the warmth of my hand in a shot glass & 1g of BHO to 3ml of Propaline Glycol. I find generally speaking that 1g of oil equates to about 1ml.

Once it starts mixing in I use a syringe with a 0.5mm square ended 'needle' (the type you get with e-liquid mix kits), I suck it up, then blast it out & it seems to help it mix well when pumped through a small orifice :thisbig:

I find when my BHO is more budder like it seems to mix much better too & it doesn't separate very easily either? 

You will find that the oil will likely settle if left for long periods, but a simple shake & it mixed back in. Some people like to use PEG400 instead of Propaline Glycol,  but a friend tried it with PEG & his liquid went black & nasty looking :bad: Whereas my Properline Glycol stays the colour it started out as. :skin_up:

Do not use Vegetable Glycerine (VG), as it doesn't mix well & it ends up way too thick.

I have tried to use hash & it doesn't mix well & has far too much plant matter in it that it separates & bits float, which is nasty :fart:

It's also key to which style of atomizers & tank heads you use. I found an RDA type with twin rebuildable atomizers & that way you can keep a close eye on when to replace the cotton wick. Those standard tanks with the atomizers as a unit are no good, as they clog up too easily & won't flow the viscous liquid well enough & you end up with dry hits, which don't make for a pleasant experience. 

If you want me to point you to the tank I use then pop me a PM & I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@AKPOG how do you find the taste is when vaping the mix of properline glocol - does it have that plastic taste you get with some diluents?  Last time I made some I used a mixer called Viscocity, it's essentially a neutral flavourless terpene you can dilute concentrates with - it won't separate and you don't lose any flavour from your oils.  Only downside is it's not made in the uk, I had to import, and it ain't cheap.

PS am well jealous mate...I can't wait to get my hands on a press :)

• Like 2

@unity , I get pure weed flavour from my mixes mate. :oldtoker:

Are you sure the plastic taste you refer to isn't from the plastic tanks you can often get when buying cheap, or from a garage?. I only use stainless & glass tanks/drippers. 

I can't speak for the brand you use, but I can say the one I know of uses PEG400 as the base, then they add flavours to it. But this is the stuff my mate used & his liquid turned black over days/weeks. I won't touch PEG400, as it creates carcinogens at lower temperatures than PG, which are temperatures used in many modern vaping devices.

The liquid I've made has mostly been from BHO, I've been cooking with my Rosin :chef: The taste of weed food has never been so good! :hi:

• Like 3

On 05/03/2019 at 10:06 PM, AKPOG said:

Regarding my c-liquid recipe, a 1:10 ratio like you mentioned won't be very strong at all my friend. I would suggest getting some clean BHO or Rosin & mix with approx 1:3 ratio.

Therefore, I now mix mine without heat, just from the warmth of my hand in a shot glass & 1g of BHO to 3ml of Propaline Glycol. I find generally speaking that 1g of oil equates to about 1ml.

Once it starts mixing in I use a syringe with a 0.5mm square ended 'needle' (the type you get with e-liquid mix kits), I suck it up, then blast it out & it seems to help it mix well when pumped through a small orifice :thisbig:

Thanks brother I will be giving this a try ;)

I assume Rosin would work just as well as BHO? 

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I assume Rosin would work just as well as BHO? 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it should, as long as it's clean with no bits. 

Rosin is the way forward I think mate, I did a major batch of trim BHO while waiting for my press, which left me with about 18g of BHO! Which has been fun cooking with etc., but it's why I haven't made any c-juice with Rosin as of yet.

Let me know how you get on :yep:

• Like 1

On 07/03/2019 at 11:22 PM, AKPOG said:

Let me know how you get on :yep:

I will do for sure @AKPOG:yep:

1st I need to do a test squish with some hash  ;) if the results are good Rosin c-liquid will be made :yep:

@AKPOG I have seen packs available through a few Instagram followers that include all the basics like

E-cig

10 terps

Mix equipment etc

Basically everything I would need to get going. I know buying the material seperate could work out less expensive. 

Which route would you go down brother? 

As I don't even have a vape thing for juice lol

That's me getting technical lol these mod boxes etc are totally over my head lol

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1