spirit animal - slug

13 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

while we are on the subject, does anyone remember buying oil in the 80's mid 80s?

it used to come in a thin plastic straw, about the size of the ink tube in a bic pen?

used to heat it up and smear it on a skin?

I remember how fucked up we used to get on it, it was deadly!

happy memories indeed.

yea remember the oil well was lovely always seemed to turn up in the summer an you get in right mess fiddlin with it used to come in wraps but was tasty nice strong gear

• Like 3

Only got a first smoke of trippy African black, real sticky and stank. 

Dam they where care free days.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Red seal and gold seal. In the 70s and 80s they were lovely hashes.

In the 90s, every cowboy began to add various substances to the hash.

I love my hash, but its rare you see much on the street. Expensive when bought on the net.

large.5ae60b2032aaa_moroccanhash.jpg

this morrocan goes around in london area its not shaman quality but its clean an rolls out to soft at body temp just like black  the fella had a lighter and darker version, the lighter of the two  in the  pic,,, seems fresher than most of the stuff used to circulate in 80s etc <not including soapbar>lol 

Edited by Owderb
No need for prices
  • Like 5

RC Clarke's 'Hashish!' Is full of good info.

Look around, you'll find a free PDF online.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

RC Clarke's 'Hashish!' Is full of good info.

Look around, you'll find a free PDF online.

I found it with one search......ty for my bedtime reading tonight :yep:

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

while we are on the subject, does anyone remember buying oil in the 80's mid 80s?

it used to come in a thin plastic straw, about the size of the ink tube in a bic pen?

used to heat it up and smear it on a skin?

I remember how fucked up we used to get on it, it was deadly!

happy memories indeed.

Sure do. Sometimes it came in capsule sachets, like you get a Paracetamol in. It weighed exactly a gram. The strongest I ever smoked was from Kerela, India. I was abroad working and hadn't had a smoke for a month or so. Chum turns up with a triangular shaped plastic wrap of it. 5 of us shared one fat joint at lunch time and couldn't work for the rest of the day. Lovely. We met a couple of guys in Thailand back in the late 90's who regularly did the Kathmandu - Bangkok hash run. We met an Austrian who smuggled a Key up his poop shoot and another guy who didn't give a fuck who put a key in his luggage. Dreamy times on Koh Phangan

• Like 4

Love these nostalgia threads . Scoring oil was guaranteed to ramp up the weekend excitement . Always deemed , in my circle at least , to be the pinnacle of stoner exotica . Again , mid 70's to 80's . 6 or 7 quid a gram . Cheaper one was dark and sticky , while the ' honey dew ' resembled a more liquid like  rosehip syrup . I recall both types doing the business supremely but 40 odd years in passing , can distort memories . Both types always came in badly taped up squares of the sort of plastic you'd buy to protect albums sleeves . Not being wasteful decadent types , we always ended up dunking the wraps with stuck on  remnants, in hot coffee . Evaporated milk helping to break down the oil . Happy days . 

• Like 4

Sadly, some bastards caught onto the idea that you could just re-seal a lower quality black hashish with the red seal. The red seal was plastic, the gold seal seemed more like it was sprayed on.

Sometimes you would see the mark of whatever tribe made the hash.

And yes, I remember the oil. Up our way the dealers used to put a blob in a bank bag, you would then see half the pub rubbing the bag on their legs to heat it and mix with tobacco.

Oil came in different ways. I saw bullet type capsules with a gram in each.

When it first came around, it was devastating shit. Tasty also. Later, you guessed it, some bastard came up with a way to fake oil or tamper with it.

Bought some once that was watered down with alcohol.

One last blast from the past. Who remembers the fantastic Lebanese hashes? Red Leb was mouth watering, cracking smoke.

Wish I had me some old school Red Seal black though :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

We met an Austrian who smuggled a Key up his poop shoot

Wtf lollollol bet he only ever wore brown shoes after that lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZootSuit said:

Love these nostalgia threads . Scoring oil was guaranteed to ramp up the weekend excitement . Always deemed , in my circle at least , to be the pinnacle of stoner exotica . Again , mid 70's to 80's . 6 or 7 quid a gram . Cheaper one was dark and sticky , while the ' honey dew ' resembled a more liquid like  rosehip syrup . I recall both types doing the business supremely but 40 odd years in passing , can distort memories . Both types always came in badly taped up squares of the sort of plastic you'd buy to protect albums sleeves . Not being wasteful decadent types , we always ended up dunking the wraps with stuck on  remnants, in hot coffee . Evaporated milk helping to break down the oil . Happy days . 

I was the one who would soak that oil soaked plastic in milk.

Also used to get the cotton wraps that Leb often came in. Dealer tried it once and was wasted. He always gave me the wraps and I enjoyed it a lot.

• Like 2

Here's another curiosity for you.

In the late 90s, in the Cambridge area, I got some Mirror Press black. It was in thin sheets like slate, and fluffed up a bit when crumbled, but it was properly black. 

Most narcotic hash I've ever encountered, and I've never heard of it before or since.

Anyone else remember it?

14 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

Mirror Press black. It was in thin sheets like slate, and fluffed up a bit when crumbled, but it was properly black. 

We called it mirror bar round our way.....had some good....some not so good......the best one I got had an infinity symbol stamp on it.....

Grew up smoking the hash ,in my mid 40's now and only just appreciating how nice the hash was back in the day and the vast variety you could get , everyone seemed to have different and you could take your pick what you fancied 

Anyone remember the great drought of 92 ?

I still love my hash though and as of others do I regularly purchase  on the darknet and not been disappointed yet 

Great thread btw

• Like 3

On 01/05/2018 at 10:21 PM, i11 said:

before greed and wars :mellow:

I think you might have to go a touch further back to find that 'golden age'

• Like 2