My Critical love-affair, and other adventures.

Bud Wiser

Harvest day for this one .. Critical+ 2.0 Auto at 12 weeks, Airpot version.

Expected longer, but with the excellent sunshine we've been getting .. I'm not complaining!

large.C2auto-12wks-harvest-1.jpglarge.C2auto-12wks-harvest-2.jpglarge.C2auto-12wks-harvest-3.jpglarge.C2auto-12wks-harvest-4.jpg

Not as resinous as her photoperiod cousin, and leaning heavily towards the Ruderalis genetics, but still beautiful to look at.

I think this auto version needs a bit more stabilising, in my humble opinion.

The one in the outdoor patch got chopped too .. not worth talking about really, the runt of this year's grow, but I still have some seeds left!! :naughty:

• Like 11

@Bud Wiser, lovely looking plant, :notworthy: purple tints - mirrored in the lovely old shed.

What do you mean by more stabilising? Variation between plants?
I've only done the auto version indoors, took 79 days, gave 72grams.
Am doing the Fem version outdoors, force flowering to beat the mould season.

Looks nothing like the auto indoors version.

Enjoy the fruits of your yard. :yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

On 20/07/2018 at 6:11 PM, Mcgarret said:

Looks nothing like the auto indoors version.

Looks nothing like the photoperiod cousin either .. hence, needs more stabilising, genetically speaking.

• Like 2

On 12/07/2018 at 7:04 PM, Bud Wiser said:

Harvest day for this one .. Critical+ 2.0 Auto at 12 weeks, Airpot version.

Expected longer, but with the excellent sunshine we've been getting .. I'm not complaining!

large.C2auto-12wks-harvest-1.jpglarge.C2auto-12wks-harvest-2.jpglarge.C2auto-12wks-harvest-3.jpglarge.C2auto-12wks-harvest-4.jpg

Not as resinous as her photoperiod cousin, and leaning heavily towards the Ruderalis genetics, but still beautiful to look at.

I think this auto version needs a bit more stabilising, in my humble opinion.

The one in the outdoor patch got chopped too .. not worth talking about really, the runt of this year's grow, but I still have some seeds left!! :naughty:

What a beautiful looking little auto :yep:

Congratulations on a successful harvest my friend  ;)

Stunning plant and others look to be doing very well indeed  :bong:

A very nice sight to return to from my vacation  ;)

Until next time brother  :bong:

All the best 

Mark.

E2a our Auto and photo critical+ have served you well brother lol

• Like 2

Now, it's OG Kush auto time ...

First, the one in the grow pit .. small, but lovely, and there are reasons attributable to only my own stupidity as to why they're small.

large.OGKush-gh-finish-1.jpglarge.OGKush-gh-finish-2.jpg

I checked the pH to only about 8" .. started at 7, dropped to 6.

Below the topsoil, the pH then dropped to around 4 .. so the roots went no further. :rolleyes:

An expensive error ... the plants looked healthy, so no reason to investigate. Hindsight's a wonderful thing!

The potted version faired better .. lol

large.OGKush-pot-finish-1.jpglarge.OGKush-pot-finish-2.jpglarge.OGKush-pot-finish-3.jpglarge.OGKush-pot-finish-4.jpglarge.OGKush-pot-finish-5.jpg

Now dried, semi-cured and vac-sealed for more long-term curing ...

large.VacPac.jpg

Easier to store than jars, just get the moisture-level right and you're good to go

Also, leave enough inch-age at the top of the vacpac, allows for re-entry and re-sealing without plastic penalty! :yep:

The yields ... OGKush in the growpit, sadly, only 1.5 ounces  ... my fault entirely.

The potted version looking like Jack Herer's Beanstalk .. and the easiest plant I've ever trimmed ... (10 minutes) .. 66 grams, 2.36 0z.

• Like 13

Cracking plants mate! :yep:

Is it just me, or does the second, larger OG Kush auto look particularly sativa dominant? Like in it's growth and the leaf structure. I know the strain is supposed to be Indica dominant by nature, but that pheno definitely looks mostly sativa to me. And it looks amazing. The colours as well. I think that's a Haze 2.0 dominant phenotype, which was the strain crossed with the OG Kush photoperiod to make it an auto. Very interesting. You might might be onto a winner with that one :)

Be sure to let us know how she smokes! 

• Like 2

The autos now done and removed from the growpit .. autopsy time.

I removed the top 8" of soil at pH 6-7 ... shovelled it onto a tarpaulin.

I then removed the next 12-18" of soil at pH 4-5 ... separate pile.

I conditioned pile #2 with rock dust (soil conditioner), garden lime (calcium carbonate), dolomite lime (magnesium carbonate) and calcified seaweed. This brought the pH up to about 5-6 .. acceptable.

I then remixed both piles and refilled the growpit.

The first batch of Critical+ I did , I did too soon and they're now in an unknown condition in a field somewhere .. a progress report in due course.

Here's batch #2 ...

4th July ...

large.Critical-2nd-batch-1.jpg

17th July ...

large.Critical-2nd-batch-2.jpg

8th August ...

large.Critical-2nd-batch-3.jpg

large.Critical-2nd-batch-4.jpglarge.Critical-2nd-batch-5.jpg

Should be bountiful ... I have high hopes. :yep:

• Like 6

Those 2 auto OG kush really did turn a lovely colour come harvest time especially the one grown in the pot :yep:

This was a good comparison grow and the potted plants clearly did better but as you said the pit was not perfect for plants but next season I think this will change  :yep:

Not a bad yield either from both plants but again the potted plant did better :bong:

Nice to see the next batch in and the autos are down, dry and put away for a rainy day  :bong:

Thanks for the auto OG kush harvest shots mate, I'll keep dropping in to see how the photoperiod strains fair  :headbang:

Until next time  :bong:

All the best 

Mark...

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Critical in the greenhouse update.

Stuck 'em in 17th July ... it's now a month later ...

large.Critical-gh-endAug-1.jpg

So, time for some bamboo caging ..

large.Critical-gh-endAug-2.jpg

• Like 5

For just a month in showing some nice growth, quite impressive  :yep:

Nice but if structure in place ready for the flower show  ;)

Thanks for the outdoor update brother,  I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

Until next time  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This Critical in the greenhouse is growing at a ridiculous rate .. how I wanted the autos to run had I got the pH right!

large.Critical-gh-1stSept.jpg

I'd like to add a couple of late additions if I may?

I had some cuts of my indoor PAK and C+2 grow left over ... I kept them over winter then put them out in the g/h around March/April because I needed the lighting space for this year's outdoor crop. Naturally they went into flower, so I left them, re-vegged them and now they're flowering naturally. I have 2 x cuts of the PAK .. one's supposed to be the pineapple cut, but they all tasted of pineapple when I tried 'em, so I've called 'em cut 1 and cut 2. Inspired, eh? lol

Cut 1 .. earlier to flower but less vigorous ..

large.PAK-cut1-1stSept-1.jpglarge.PAK-cut1-1stSept-2.jpg

Cut 2 ... more vigour, but slower to flower ...

large.PAK-cut2-1stSept-1.jpglarge.PAK-cut2-1stSept-2.jpg

And the Critical+ 2 cut I had .. didn't know what to do with her .. so I'm flowering her outdoors, see what happens.

large.5b8afc7e41923_C2-cut-1stSept-1.jpglarge.5b8afc7f46e27_C2-cut-1stSept-2.jpg

• Like 10

A big monster critical in the greenhouse and 2 of last year's cuts now showing what they can do ;)

I think I've only seen 1 maybe 2 completed outdoor pak grows so this is going to get interesting  :bong:

Thanks as always for the outdoor update mate, I'll drop back in on the next :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't time fly? Thankfully, all my outdoor's survived the 2 storms and the heavy rain ... those at home that is. :rolleyes:

I lost my best guerilla plot, got ripped, so it's all hinging on my home grow now.

Of course, the greenhouse residents aren't even aware of the savageness of Nature or thieves!

Critical+ ....

large.Critical-23Sept-1.jpglarge.Critical-23Sept-2.jpglarge.Critical-23Sept-3.jpg

I managed to fit all my 'moveable' plants into the g/h during the storms, damage limitation .. the Critical+ 2.0 cut's now back outside ...

large.Critical2cut-23Sept-1.jpglarge.Critical2cut-23Sept-2.jpg

The PAKs are permanent fixtures under glass now, I found some mould on one top bud (must've been a drip from the g/h glass), so the g/h heater's been busted out and the dehumidifier's next! :naughty:

The PAK cuts ...

large.PAKcuts-23Sept-1.jpglarge.PAKcuts-23Sept-2.jpglarge.PAKcuts-23Sept-3.jpg

• Like 12