My Critical love-affair, and other adventures.

Bud Wiser

Bringing her outdoors now.

large.Dinafem-packaging.jpglarge.Startup-2nd-wave.jpg

Ok, centre image .. who's the biggest?

Critical+ 2.0 autoflower. :yep:

There's a mixed bag there, autos on the left, photos (mainly) on the right .. early days.

I'm more involved with the autos at this stage .. every minute counts, the clocks ticking with these .. fast is good.

• Like 10

Bout time you started a thread in this section :P

How you going on the digging front? Many holes sorted yet? 

• Like 5

You always to a terrific job with your indoor grows so let's see what you can do this outdoor grow season  :)

Going of past grows we are in for a treat  :yep:

Best of luck for your 2018 outdoor adventure. 

We will be along for the ride and watching with interest  :bong:

Good luck brother :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

What a difference a week makes ... now on day eleven / twelve.

I start them off in a weak solution of GT Formulex, then slowly add seaweed extract solution and GT Green Fuse (root stimulator) ... 24 hr light under flouro tubes, as close to the seedlings as possible. I've used Wilco seed & cutting 'compost', quite sandy, so I added 30% perlite to aid root aeration.

large.5ae8edb461c72_C2auto-First-roots.jpg

Time for a re-pot, and although this breaks with current modern thinking, I want several re-pots .. what I lose in seconds now with mild root-shock, I'll gain in laps later on .. like Lewis Hamilton's tyre changes! It's the mycorrhizal inoculant I want deep in the main rootball when it gets going, so I'm 'layering'.

large.5ae8edbed4cd8_C2auto-First-roots-2.jpglarge.5ae8edcc84e59_C2auto-roots-mycorrhizal.jpg

To help re-pot more easily, I 'size' the hole up by using the seedling in it's container and pack the soil/medium around it before removing the seedling from the container, then it just plops right in, and gives better myco coverage too ...

large.5ae8edd5a0531_C2auto-potting-upl.jpg

So, here are the main contenders .. Critical+ 2.0 Auto, OG Kush Auto .. and some other weeds by that HSO company! lol

(De Haze auto, LC Skunk auto) .. and a Black Bubba auto, from a friend.

large.DF-HSO-autos.jpg

And some more in this lot too ...

large.On-the-go.jpg

More when it gets interesting again.

:yep:

Edit: the dates on the sides of the pots refer to the 'dropped-in-water' date (in brackets) and the 'break soil' birth date.

Edited by Bud Wiser
  • Like 15

On 03/05/2018 at 2:34 PM, beezee said:

Looking good @Bud Wiser

Those black bubba have got some serious vigour, mine are the biggest out of the autos! 

Thanks man, I must get some info off Stick with these ... I just went for it, blind. :naughty:

They're regs though, right?

The most vigorous for me's changing every day .. yesterday it was the C+2 auto, today it's the OG Kush auto.

And the HSO gear's hot on the Dinafem's tails.

• Like 4

I can tell you what they are mate :P

Black dragon x (dinafem) bubba Kush

Black dragon is the same as duurty dragon but a different pheno was selected. 

They are regs, but I plan on reversing one this year ;)

• Like 4

Dinafem line-up, between 15 and 19 days old.

large.Dinafem-line-up-May.jpg

2 x Critical+ Photoperiods on the left.

2 x OG Kush Autos in the centre.

2 x Critical+ 2.0 Autos on the right.

That OG Kush at the back already needed re-potting again .. so into the grow pit she went ...

large.Growpit-open-May.jpg

large.OGKush-auto-May-plantout.jpg

One of the Critical+ 2's was also ready for a plant-out ... this one's going in the home garden ...

large.C2-auto-May-plantout.jpg

Fingers crossed this decent weather keeps up.

:oldtoker:

• Like 11

Looking great again @Bud Wiser can't wait to see your results again this year.  Was just wondering, what training methods are you planning to implement this season with your Auto's in the greenhouse?  And when are you going to start?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, inapond13 said:

Looking great again @Bud Wiser can't wait to see your results again this year.  Was just wondering, what training methods are you planning to implement this season with your Auto's in the greenhouse?  And when are you going to start?

Same as last year, I'm hoping I've selected the right strains for the job this year, I need stretchy plants with good side-branching ... I'll start probably in the next few days, the OG Kush auto's steaming ahead, and I need to start bending that meristem over soon .. apical-dominance-shifting takes time, too much too soon and they snap. :yep:

• Like 5

The first Critical+ 2.0 auto went into the ground ... the second's going into an Airpot.

Re-potted only on Sunday just gone .. 4 days ago .. ready to go again ..

large.C2auto-roots-2ndpot.jpg

I've prepped the hole with more mycorrhizal inoculant (background) ... final resting place .. a 20 litre Airpot.

I'm using a mix of 60% Plagron Lightmix, 30% Coco Coir and 10% added perlite.

For nutrients, as mentioned (I think) I'm using Greenleaf Megacrop single-application nutrients .. the concentration increases throughout the grow, although I will add PK supplements, calmag and blackstrap molasses when the time comes.

I did three today ..

large.Auto-repot-1st-three-2018.jpg

The remainder as and when ...

large.More-autos-2018.jpg

On 09/05/2018 at 3:14 PM, inapond13 said:

No sooner said ....

large.OGKushauto-training-1.jpglarge.OGKushauto-training-2.jpg

I'll explain what I'm doing here .. plants contain auxins (a chemical found in the shoot tips and roots) that promote stem elongation and inhibit the growth of lateral buds (maintains apical dominance) .. so, by tying down the meristem so that the top shoot's eventually below the secondary and tertiary shoots, the auxin production moves to these, forcing the plant to think that the apical dominance has shifted and the main meristem is no longer the dominant force. This gives you 5 colas, not one! I read about people topping and super-cropping autos which to my mind is counter-productive .. don't do it, you'll lose any benefits you've gained, over the long term.

:oldtoker:

• Like 12