My Critical love-affair, and other adventures.

Bud Wiser

@Bud Wiser Nice to see you weathered the storms brother and all plants look as expected in tip top shape  ;)

A nice filled greenhouse and a safe haven for the Critical+2.0 if the weather worsens  ;)

Can't wait to see these girls in a couple of week's. They already looks like they are going to yield well  ;)

Good luck mate. Your in the home stretch  :yep:

Until next time  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 09/09/2018 at 6:37 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

I think I've only seen 1 maybe 2 completed outdoor pak grows so this is going to get interesting  :bong:

I'm sorry to say Mark, I've copped-out. One of the PAKs was showing more signs of rot, and I had to remove a whole branch with stem-rot, so I took the decision to finish them off in the shed growroom ..

large.PAK-fail-out-1.jpg

They haven't even really got going yet, I'd say another 6 weeks looking at last years' grow, which would take me to mid-November! :rolleyes:

Buds are at this stage ..

large.PAK-fail-out-2.jpg

Here are both plants, underskirts trimmed and rotting bits removed ..

large.PAK-fail-out-3.jpglarge.PAK-fail-out-4.jpg

So as they're now an indoor grow, I guess we should say bye bye to these .. if I get some decent photos again, I'll email them directly to you. :yep:

On 29/09/2018 at 9:34 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

A nice filled greenhouse and a safe haven for the Critical+2.0 if the weather worsens  ;)

Can't wait to see these girls in a couple of week's. They already looks like they are going to yield well  ;)

No sooner said .. with the space now available from the departing PAKs, I've moved the Critical 2 in.

large.C2-gh-Oct-1.jpg

So now we have an all-Critical final .. Critical+1 vs. Critical+2 :naughty:

large.Critical-gh-Oct-1.jpg

This one's going to be a beast. :yep:

Major stink going on, too!

Edited by Bud Wiser
  • Like 14

50 minutes ago, MacGanja said:

Looking good @Bud Wiser... Some very healthy girls you have there... Congrats dude... 

Spoke too soon .... lol

Budrot, stemrot, powdery mildew .. the full monty! Both PAKs ...

large.IMG_1338.jpglarge.IMG_1342.jpg

Chopped 'em down for oil.

I have some more seeds somewhere, so this isn't goodbye! :yep:

• Like 8

Dinafem OG Kush Auto - harvested 27th July (the big tall one in a pot, a couple of pages back!) .. 2 month cure.

large.OGKushauto-bud-2mthCure.jpg

Started on 23rd April, took 91 days and yielded 66 grams, 2.36 oz.

:yep:

• Like 12

On 08/10/2018 at 7:39 PM, Bud Wiser said:

Started on 23rd April, took 91 days and yielded 66 grams, 2.36 oz.

Very respectable yield buddy :yep: A few of those and you would be set for the year :yep:

Sorry to hear about the pak brother. From what I'm seeing this year with Dinafemand HSO is that kush based strains do very poorly in the UK climate outdoors  :(

Atleast you'll get a oil run from the salvaged flowers  :bong:

Hopefully you'll be returning next season mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

On 10/10/2018 at 8:16 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Hopefully you'll be returning next season mate :bong:

I haven't finished with this season yet, Mark! :naughty:

Don't forget, I've still got my favourites to come .. 2 x Criticals and a C+2 .. all snug and cosy in my air-conditioned and heated greenhouse. :yep:

I'll get some more pics up soon, I've just been a bit busy lately!

• Like 3

Ok, I decided to finish the Critical+ 2.0 off in the shed growroom ... it was empty and why not? Pump up those buds a bit ...

large.C2-under-lights.jpg

I hope she doesn't go the same way the PAKs did.

Anyway, that's her out of the outdoor equation .. back to the Critical+ 1.0's !!

Mid October .. I've busted out the dehumidifier and the Biogreen heater for the evenings .. too much at stake.

large.Critical-midOct-1.jpglarge.Critical-midOct-2.jpg

These were taken a few days back .. the pistils have now started turning orange ...

large.Critical-midOct-3.jpg

They can take as long as they like .. no expense spared! :naughty:

• Like 9

Looking great Bud, another great year from your garden and greenhouse (and shed).  Hopefully that Critical +2.0 will get nice and fat now indoors with intense light.

Heater and dehumidifier worth their weight in gold...

• Like 4

On 19/10/2018 at 8:17 AM, inapond13 said:

Heater and dehumidifier worth their weight in gold...

Absolutely. I wouldn't stand much chance of finishing these without them .. daytime is fine .. just when it gets cold at night, the inside glass of the greenhouse gets very wet from condensation even if I leave the door and window open, it's that morning dew thing.

I have both on very low overnight from dusk until about 10 am when everything starts to warm up a bit. The plants are as happy as old-biddies in a bingo hall ! :yep:

• Like 6

Next season I'm definitely investing in a green house and shed  :)

Critical+2.0 is definitely set up for a solid finish. Now technically indoors with a LED for company you'll do well with her :yep:

With that said our original Critical in the greenhouse still looks to be doing extremely well. What would you say brother. 

10-14 more day's? 

Looking good buddy :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2018 at 4:13 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Next season I'm definitely investing in a green house and shed  :)

... and an electricity supply to both! lol

Critical+2.0 is definitely set up for a solid finish. Now technically indoors with a LED for company you'll do well with her :yep:

... still showing some lovely autumnal colours, the heater's in the greenhouse, so she gets cold at night ...

large.Critical2-endOct-1.jpg

With that said our original Critical in the greenhouse still looks to be doing extremely well. What would you say brother. 

10-14 more day's? 

Well that was 10 days ago .. so no, I'd say another 10-14 days from today .. you tell me, I haven't grown this variation before ...:rolleyes: (I did plant 'em out late .. end of July)

large.Critical-endOct-1.jpglarge.Critical-endOct-2.jpglarge.Critical-endOct-3.jpglarge.Critical-endOct-4.jpg

The sun's lower in the sky now, and lost most of it's intensity, so it'll be a slow slog to the finishing line.

I'm on it. :yep:

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Bud Wiser said:

Well that was 10 days ago .. so no, I'd say another 10-14 days from today .. you tell me, I haven't grown this variation before ...:rolleyes: (I did plant 'em out late .. end of July)

Our Original Critical I know very well outdoors mate. It's a strain my dad loved so we (me and my brother) always do a couple each year and they always come down on bonfire night (November 5th). We have the family around for fireworks then us siblings (me, my sister and brother) site around the fire trimming up :bong:

One year which I believe was 2009 the year after dad died we did have one that we forgot about behind a shed and was harvested 15tg November but over cooked imo. 

Your super close to harvest from my perspective mate. Maybe 7 day's then chop :bong:

I'll keep dropping in as harvest approaches. Some stunning colours being shown. 

Any signs of mold or rot my friend? 

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3