Boom's Hot Show Outdoors

Ok so that's it for the Lost coast OG.

Not a bad harvest even though I had quite a bit of mould on the main colas. Still managed to get for what I can tell some top quality buds.

large.5bbe3a0e6d88b_LostcoastOGharvest810.jpglarge.5bbe3a08c9c91_LostcoastOGbudharvest810.jpglarge.5bbe3a05064bf_LostcoastOGbudharvest810finale.jpglarge.5bbe3a001ad5a_LostCastOGbudHarvestfinale0810.jpg

Edited by Boomslang
  • Like 9

Great to hear @Boomslang :yep:

A nice slow dry and cure my friend  ;)

Can't wait for a smoke report. I know she came down a little early but still in the harvest window  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

The mango is still going. Tiny specs of mould but no major issues at the moment. She too looks beautiful!

Meant to be horrible weather tomorrow, so let's see how she holds one.

large.5bbe3a149a10a_MangoSapphire810.jpglarge.5bbe3a1a4399e_MangoSapphirebud810.jpg

Edited by Boomslang
  • Like 6

Your getting some lovely colours brother. Stunning plant's  ;)

How much longer would you say on the Mango sapphire buddy? 3 week's? 

Also, How much longer in an ideal world woukd you have let the Lost coast OG go? Another 7 day's? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HSO-Mark said:

Your getting some lovely colours brother. Stunning plant's  ;)

How much longer would you say on the Mango sapphire buddy? 3 week's? 

Also, How much longer in an ideal world woukd you have let the Lost coast OG go? Another 7 day's? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Well it depends how cooked you like it. In an ideal world yes, the LC OG could have done with another 5 days, but  around 70% of trichomes were milky, so not too bad.

The mango is hard to say... It says on the tin that it's super fast so could be another week to 10 days maybe... Could go longer probably but you know how it is outdoors... Weather conditions dependant. 

• Like 4

Looking great mate! Some lovely colours on that mango.... Is she giving off a mango smell... What's the LCOG smell of? Top work... 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2018 at 7:04 PM, Boomslang said:

Well it depends how cooked you like it. In an ideal world yes, the LC OG could have done with another 5 days, but  around 70% of trichomes were milky, so not too bad.

The mango is hard to say... It says on the tin that it's super fast so could be another week to 10 days maybe... Could go longer probably but you know how it is outdoors... Weather conditions dependant. 

Thanks for the extra info mate. Will help new grower who want to try this HSO lady outdoors  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 18/10/2018 at 9:38 AM, MacGanja said:

Looking great mate! Some lovely colours on that mango.... Is she giving off a mango smell... What's the LCOG smell of? Top work... 

Hi mate, this particular mango doesn't really smell of mangos to me but that might be pheno dependant and seen as I only grew one, I might not have grown a mango pheno.

She is however covered with trichomes. She's still throwing some pistils but got hit by mould quite badly.

LCOG smelt amazing as she developed her buds. Then the strength of the smell was significant towards the end. I find it hard to describe it though. I haven't tried any of them yet but will soon make a smoke report at some point when I get back end of next week.

• Like 2

Here's a couple of pics of the Mango. 

large.5bccf20bc05a4_Mangosapphirebud22010.jpg

large.5bccf207ef2bf_Mangosapphirebud2010.jpg

large.5bccf2101ff16_Mangosapphireunderbud2010.jpg

The buds are covered with trichomes however they are not the biggest or densest buds I was expecting having seen the dried buds a couple of season ago. But got to wait until the first ones harvested dry. Left a few buds to fend for themselves for another week, hoping they will fatten up.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2018 at 10:46 PM, Boomslang said:

however they are not the biggest or densest buds I was expecting

I've seen a lot of this over the season as plants have developed. It's got to have been a weather/environment thing as we have some growers that have grown the same strain for server year's but this year the buds have been not as dense as previous year's. Another curve ball by mother nature. 

The mango sapphire looked a resin monster my friend and a perfect strain for extract making :bong:

Do you dabble in extracts? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 31/10/2018 at 5:36 PM, HSO-Mark said:

I've seen a lot of this over the season as plants have developed. It's got to have been a weather/environment thing as we have some growers that have grown the same strain for server year's but this year the buds have been not as dense as previous year's. Another curve ball by mother nature. 

The mango sapphire looked a resin monster my friend and a perfect strain for extract making :bong:

Do you dabble in extracts? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

She is covered with trichomes mate. I had a toke of her earlier today (pretty sure it was her but will do another definite smoke report later on) with a mate and she is nice and smooth (uncured). Lovely high.

I have made some bubble hash and dry sifting and think I will dry sift all the pop corn. I'd love to try dabs... Not liking the spliffs anymore (tobacco is driving me away each time) and as for vaping I can take it or leave it. Got to try and incorporate it into a vape pen... seen that done on youtube and heard it' the craze in London. :yep:

• Like 3

Some fantastic shots there @Boomslang, that mango is a stunning  girl....  Congrats!:yep:

I have always like the idea of incorporating it in a vape pen..I looked into it a while back... But I haven't been convinced with any videos on YouTube... Do you have a link for the method your gona try? 

• Like 3

On 11/11/2018 at 7:36 AM, MacGanja said:

Some fantastic shots there @Boomslang, that mango is a stunning  girl....  Congrats!:yep:

I have always like the idea of incorporating it in a vape pen..I looked into it a while back... But I haven't been convinced with any videos on YouTube... Do you have a link for the method your gona try? 

Thanks Mac. I've just been in the drying cupboard and started removing the buds from the stems and actually they seem to be quite dense... They haven't really shrunk like some other plants that display big colas and then becomes all airy after they dry... Not this one! And I have d more than I initially though. 

Went to get the last of the popcorn by the bucket full. Can't wait to go through, get the nice nuggets out and extract the rest.

I only watched 1 video a while ago... Just been on the tube and oh boy! There's a ton of vids on how to make e-juice as they call it... Couldn't find the one I watched, but basically it was made with kif and then incorporated into the e liquid by heating it on a stove I think. Will have to research the method again me thinks.

• Like 3

My last visit to the plot on my return from holiday. Like I thought the buds held on nicely, gaining a bit of extra weight and trichomes. There was a little bit of mould but nothing much to report.

I grabbed a bucket full of popcorn! :rofl:.

large.5be9e15695ea0_Mangosapphirepopcorn.jpg

Thanks again @Dinafem-Mark. I shall certainly enjoy the raining trichomes on my glass table when I dry sieve it. :guitar:

I'll grab some pics of the dried buds of HSO and Dinafem tomorrow. 

Edited by Boomslang
  • Like 3