Boom's Hot Show Outdoors

lovely looking plot mate  and the dinafem girls seem to be happy in their new homes ....  best of luck with the grow mate ....:skin_up:

• Like 2

On 09/06/2018 at 0:34 PM, Boomslang said:

Can't wait for a bit of rain!

I think all UK outdoor growers are wishing for the same mate  ;)

There is definitely good growth since the last update and ants look nice and health which is always a bonus with outdoor grows  :)

Looking good in here :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 0:52 PM, vortex said:

lovely looking plot mate  and the dinafem girls seem to be happy in their new homes ....  best of luck with the grow mate ....:skin_up:

Cheers vortex you too buddy.

Edited by Boomslang
  • Like 1

Here's an update of the girls which have also been watered today. Gosh they are being well looked after :P.

large.5b20475b118ed_Mangosapphire126.jpglarge.5b2047551d891_LostcoastOG126.jpg

• Like 4

Beautuful, healthy ladies growing as nature intended  :yep:

Starting to get some nice growth going which will help come harvest time and the cages so far look to be very effective  :yep:

Looking good mate and thank you for the outdoor update  :headbang:

I'll be back in in the next  :haveadab:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 6:56 PM, HSO-Mark said:

Beautuful, healthy ladies growing as nature intended  :yep:

Starting to get some nice growth going which will help come harvest time and the cages so far look to be very effective  :yep:

Looking good mate and thank you for the outdoor update  :headbang:

I'll be back in in the next  :haveadab:

Kind regards 

Mark..

They should be much better now... Can't wait to go check them out!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 4:57 PM, HSO-Mark said:

@Boomslang Did you manage to check on the ladies mate?

Hope all is well my friend  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Sorry mark, was caught up in loads of stuff and little time for fun and play.

I went over to plot 3 today and took some snaps. The girls have been watered (tap water as my rain collector is dry!) every 7 to 10 days on average which is not enough really. But all things considered they are doing well I think, but will let you be the judge of that. 

large.5b4a051caf304_Mangosapphire147.jpglarge.5b4a0516d60af_LostcoastOG147.jpg

Next update will be in 3 weeks I'm afraid as I'm off on holidays on Tuesday. I'll pray for the rain gods to be kind to them until I get back. :yep:

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Boomslang said:

I'm off on holidays

Well enjoy your break mate :yep:

Them girls are looking well in their plots,

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

Well enjoy your break mate :yep:

Them girls are looking well in their plots,

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

Cheers my friend!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@Boomslang They are doing very well indeed my friend!

Considering the heat of late these plants look to be loving life and soaking up the sun :bong:

Thanks for finding the time to update your outdoor adventure mate  ;)

I'll drop back in on the next  :haveadab:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having left the Lost Coast OG and the Mango Sapphire to fend for themselves for 3 weeks, they have pulled out of the drought quite nicely. They had a couple of litres of tap water every week to 10 days. We've had quite a bit of much needed rain whilst I was away according to friends and it shows.

large.5b73bec12db8a_MangoSapphire148.jpg

The mango is now over 6 foot and has branched very nicely. It has had quite a bit of attack from sucking insects that make holes in the leaves but I don't think it has made much difference to its growth. I tide her down before I left as to expose the internodes a bit more. I'm getting very excited about her as I smoked some a couple of year back and was a delightful relaxing smoke.

The LC OG has stretched very nicely too. I tidied up the pop corn to be on the iside, removed a few fan leaves to let light penetrate a bit more and tide her down further. She's a bushy girl and hope sh'll have descent mould resistance.  I will likely tidy her up further on my next visit to aerate this lovely bush. All topping will cease from now on...I don't want to slow her down in starting flowering.

large.5b73bebb0c7f4_LostcoastOG148.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Been to the plot yesterday before the big downpour of today. The girls are getting on nicely but after the rain they will explode I expect. The lost coast OG has started to flower properly now. Will get a shot of the buds next time.

large.5b8323c9ae375_MangoSapphire258.jpg

The mango needed taming a bit and expose it's bud sites to a bit more sun. She doesn't much de leafing or triming of lower branches as her structure is nice and open. I like that... Good aeration means better chance to dry before mould sets in.

large.5b8323d0397b4_MangoSapphireLST.jpg

The LCOG is a lot more bushy but has stretched nicely too. I forgot to take a picture of her after I cleaned her up of her big fan leaves and a couple of lower branches. I also tied her down to expose the bud sites to the sun. She's gonna look great after the rain we've had... The roots will be reaching for some locked up nutrients since 2 weeks. In 3 weeks time, the soil will get a sprinkling of SOP to boost those forming nuggets typical of Kushs. Again so glad she's stretched - I was getting worried she'd be too bushy with internode to close together. 

large.5b8323c3b055f_LostCoastOG258.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like it's all kicking into gear now! 

That lcog is gone be dense, hope the weather plays nice for it to finish well. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It totally has kicked into gear @beezee. The later flowering cultivars have caught up nicely. If the weather behaves I think they could be quite good yielders.

It's tempting to keep clones of them for some interesting crosses with earlier varieties... Might just dust them up with spare pollen in case they turn out to have good mould resistance. I'm thinking Bluebonic GG3, Leb 27 (if pollen is still viable) and MOB.

• Like 3