Boom's Hot Show Outdoors

Happy 420 all of you crazies :cheers:

Thanks to Mark for letting me run in this comp. I'm very excited. The strains I chose are Mango Sapphire (a buddy of mine grew it 2 seasons back and I was very tempted to get some beans but he reckoned there was better out there so he in effect negged me out of it and I regretted it since the smoke was beautiful  I thought. I think he was talking a bout yield rather than smoke btw. SO, I've set out to prove him wrong and chose this strain that I will pamper to the max and give it a nice hole to settle in.

Lost coast OG seems like a no brainer for me as I'm a coastal grower. If it finishes earlier than the usual OG kush, then all the better. Expecting mid October finish as opposed to 1st of November with OG kush at my Lat of 51.

I popped 2 beans yesterday even though it's a bit early - the weather was so glorious I couldn't resist. I have a buzzy season ahead so will pop 1 of each and if I have anymore holes by mid may, then will crack some more. But as is at the mo, I' m going for quality of grow rather than quantity of plants. I'm thinking of an outdoor SCROG for these girls which takes more time. 

Here we grow!

large.Humbolt.jpg

Top first Inch of soil is sieved Jack's magic and bellow is JM with coco and a bit of last years super soil. 

• Like 5

Here's gonna be their home amongst other gals.

large.Plot1.jpg

Last year's plot when filled up with sexy ladies. I have added a few more holes since this shot, so should look a bit fuller. 

large.59a66db64ba6e_Plot1298.jpg

Edited by Boomslang
  • Like 6

Will be interesting to see an outdoor scrog. Marijuana new school outdoor cultivation indeedy.

good luck with it :yep:

• Like 2

Firstly let me say thank you for getting your HSO 2018 outdoor adventure up and running  :bong:

Secondly nice to see germination has started so the fun can begin  :yep:

Finally lovely looking plot which will make a perfect home for some beautuful HSO ladies :yep:

Best of luck this outdoor grow season mate and I'll check back in on the next update  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

On 4/21/2018 at 10:55 AM, soiled said:

Will be interesting to see an outdoor scrog. Marijuana new school outdoor cultivation indeedy.

good luck with it :yep:

Cheers mate. Yeah not your typical guerrilla style of growing, i.e. plant it, leave it, check once or twice during veg and harvest. Should be interesting to see how they take a bit of topping and bending action. 

• Like 2

Ok so as I mentioned on the Dinafem grow, the Mango Sapphire didn't make it. Only blaming myself/compost as a couple of other beans of other sources also didn't make it and found what I think was fungus gnat larvae around the sprout. So popped another one of them today in the same compo but microwaved it and added some mycorr max to it for all goodness to be restored. Used the paper towel method and after a nice sprout showed after 24/36h it went in the compo. 

Update to come soon. :photo:

• Like 3

Mango Sapphire (MS) is out. probably didn't plant it deep enough as it had it's helmet on for a good couple of days. Released it as it was just growing a long stem. All good now. :yep:

• Like 3

On 07/05/2018 at 9:14 PM, Boomslang said:

Mango Sapphire (MS) is out. probably didn't plant it deep enough as it had it's helmet on for a good couple of days. Released it as it was just growing a long stem. All good now. :yep:

Great news :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark.. 

Note: cut and pasted from dinaf diary:

I've been busy today planting out all the girls from all three comps and testers in their holes. I've put them all in Plot 3 in good sized holes. Only RGSC is in plot 2 and may have a slight advantage as it's more open, but more prone to being found and exposed to strong winds. They are likely to finish first and will need that as the landscape becomes brown in October... Plants stand out like a saw thumb.

I have kept all of seedlings in a root trainer at 12/12 and provided all holes with a cage to give them more stability as I am likely to cut away any side branches early up to 1.5 foot in hight so the main stem will be quite long and will need support. That's to avoid bunnies getting to the side branches... Might as well use that energy to grow upwards. 

Soal is loamy and fairly crumbly. 2.5kg Coco brick was added with FBB, Chicken shit, Calcified seaweed. The pot hole has some thatcher organic compost with home compost and perlite @ 30%. I added some beneficial microbes before plant out.

large.5aff4627bc6e2_pothole.jpglarge.5aff49ec743c7_plot2.jpg

Mango sapphire. Small as had to pop another bean later as the first one hadn't made it.

large.5aff40b92442f_MangoSapphire18may.jpg

Lost coast OG

large.5aff40b498b00_LCOG18may.jpg

• Like 4

Have checked this out in the Dinafem section but let me say again. You got a lovely looking plot and can't wait to see how the HSO genetics do in the UK climate  :yep:

Some nice amendments added to the native soil and great to see some protection in place  ;)

Looking good so far my friend and thank you for the outdoor update  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mango sapphire day 28 looking healthy and will soon catch up on her sisters. 

large.5b167331d5273_MS56.jpg

Lost coast OG day 42 is the biggest in plot 2 - again lowers have been removed after pic was taken

large.5b16732694864_LCOG56.jpg

• Like 4

Been watering the plants yesterday. They looked like they had grown quite a bit since last pic. Can't wait for a bit of rain!

• Like 2