Dr. Greenthumb's Dedoverde Haze Auto, Blue Dream Auto - 2018 Outdoors Diary

WEEK 10

x1 HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, 70 days old.

x2 HSO Blue Dream Auto, 70 and 71 days old.

large.5b6f04967ce42_x3HSOAutosWeek10.jpg

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, 70 days.

large.5b6f04954a991_HSODedoverdeHazeAutoday71.jpg

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, Bud, 70 days.

large.5b6f049407527_HSODedoverdeHazeAutoBudday71.jpg

HSO Blue Dream Auto, 70 days.

large.5b6f0491632b7_HSOBlueDreamAutoday71.jpg

HSO Blue Dream Auto, Bud, 70 days.

large.5b6f048fa9b94_HSOBlueDreamAutoBudday71.jpg

HSO Blue Dream Auto, Chop, 71 days.

Signs of perforated leaves, found 3 small caterpillars on her, same species as seen in Week 11. Not seen on the other plants, yet!

large.5b6f0492f3f71_HSOBlueDreamAutoday72.jpg

Feed: 2L, 4ml bloom, for the Dedoverde Haze and Blue Dream 3. Flushed Blue Dream 2 with 2L water.

Summary: Mould has arrived on Blue Dream Auto 2, earlier than expected, Sod’s Law! :fart:

Now flushing last Blue Dream Auto and the Dedo Haze Auto, - they’ve got another 7-10 days.

Heavy rain this weekend. Having to rush the plants into my GH with 3 fans blowing, sheltering from the elements.

Then whip them out again when it turns sunny - pampered little princesses! :notworthy:

Weights and smoke reports for the April Autos:

HSO Blue Dream Auto, took 95 days, gave 77g.

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, took 90 days, gave 62g.

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto (Runt), took 97 days, gave 34g

Not yet decided which is the best for taste and effect, they’ve all got a nice buzz which kicks in.

All quite harsh to smoke as dried too quickly during the heat we’ve just had.

Could have left more leaf on them to slow the drying process and aid the cure but over ruled by the risk of mould appearing.

Next batch of the May autos are drying normally and should be nicer to taste so will award my rosettes and rankings then.

- White coat, trilby at the ready.

GH, x3 fans, x4 plants and Jimmy the Jinge, another fan of my place.

He visits, eats, sleeps and slinks back into his feral fields.

large.5b6ef039f2c03_GHJimmytheJinge.jpg

:oldtoker:

eta: Sat indoors typing this, glass of wine, Gilles Peterson on the radio, smoking my crop, nice. :yinyang:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 6

the blue dream auto I did has such a dank fruity funky smell, not even in the jars yet. So impressed with them. What's the high like?

• Like 2

Hi @geo1,

Not made my mind up yet, but she's got that dank fruity smell...

Smoking my first Blue Dream Auto, taken at day 95, dried too quick, end of the heatwave.

Got two more Blue Dream Autos curing now, got 10-14 days till I make a final assessment.
So far, this Blue Dream Auto kicks in nicely after a pipe, bit harsh though.

• Like 3

WEEK 11

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, 77 days old.

large.5b75a1ab2d3d1_HSODedoverdeHazeAutoday77.jpg

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, Bud, 77 days.

large.5b75a1a940142_HSODedoverdeHazeAutoBudday77.jpg

Perforated leaves on the last Blue Dream, found 3 of these on her.

large.5b75a1a7d83bc_HSOBlueDreamAutoCaterpillar.jpg

Feed: Last feed was 4ml bloom, had two flushes since then.

Summary: Last plant, runt of the pack. 

This third Dedo Haze is close to the end, brown withered pistils, a few are amber trichs, mostly cloudy. Terps leaching off her.

Will she make 12 weeks… Will she yield an ounce?

eta: hard to decide which is the nicer, the Blue Dream or the Dedo Haze, both leave me zonked. Wicked dilemma. :dev:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

WEEK 12

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, 85 days old.

large.5b8fa5308651a_HSODedoverdeHazeAutoday85.jpg

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, Bud, 85 days.

large.5b8fa533e0c05_HSODedoverdeHazeAutoBudday85.jpg

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, Chop, 85 days.

large.5b8fa540b1994_DH3Chopday85.jpg

Found this caterpillar on the stem, imitating a question mark?

large.5b8fa54252456_markCaterpillar.jpg

Feed: Third flush, plain water.

Summary: Took her down 13 days ago, took about 20mins, less is more - no mould or dried dead bits to cut out. :yep:

Bummer update: Mould took a hold while drying the 2 May, Blue Dream Autos, lost +2oz.:sadwalk:

+6 oz lost from the April Dinafem Critical+ 2.0…

Weights/Smoke Reports:

HSO Blue Dream Auto 2: 72 days = 1.5oz/42g, (lost 30g mould). Same effect as the April plant, buzz kicks in slowly but deeply.

HSO Blue Dream Auto 3: 76 days = 1oz/27g, (lost 28g mould). Same effect as the April plant.

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto 3: 75 days = 1oz/28g, (she was a runt, but free from mould). Nicer effect and taste than the Blue Dream, but less bud.

Time to make my first batch of RSO. :magic:

eta: That’s it for this season, all down and done, nice feeling not tending to plants. 

Thanks @HSO-Mark for the seeds and input, been a memorable summer. Great harvests to all. :v:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Mcgarret said:

WEEK 12

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, 85 days old.

large.5b8fa5308651a_HSODedoverdeHazeAutoday85.jpg

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, Bud, 85 days.

large.5b8fa533e0c05_HSODedoverdeHazeAutoBudday85.jpg

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto, Chop, 85 days.

large.5b8fa540b1994_DH3Chopday85.jpg

Found this caterpillar on the stem, imitating a question mark?

large.5b8fa54252456_markCaterpillar.jpg

Feed: Third flush, plain water.

Summary: Took her down 13 days ago, took about 20mins, less is more - no mould or dried dead bits to cut out. :yep:

Bummer update: Mould took a hold while drying the 2 May, Blue Dream Autos, lost +2oz.:sadwalk:

+6 oz lost from the April Dinafem Critical+ 2.0…

Weights/Smoke Reports:

HSO Blue Dream Auto 2: 72 days = 1.5oz/42g, (lost 30g mould). Same effect as the April plant, buzz kicks in slowly but deeply.

HSO Blue Dream Auto 3: 76 days = 1oz/27g, (lost 28g mould). Same effect as the April plant.

HSO Dedoverde Haze Auto 3: 75 days = 1oz/28g, (she was a runt, but free from mould). Nicer effect and taste than the Blue Dream, but less bud.

Time to make my first batch of RSO. :magic:

eta: That’s it for this season, all down and done, nice feeling not tending to plants. 

Thanks @HSO-Mark for the seeds and input, been a memorable summer. Great harvests to all. :v:

Another HSO outdoor adventure completed on UK420. 

With this being our first year on UK420 and our first official outdoor grow season I was not sure what to expect. 

I've learnt 2 things

HSO autos perform very well in the UK climate outdoors 

And when these genetics are put into the hands of competent grower we really see what they can do.

Thank you for the great diary brother. Enjoy your harvest and I'll catch you next season.

Kind regards 

Mark.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 6:43 PM, HSO-Mark said:

Another HSO outdoor adventure completed on UK420. 

With this being our first year on UK420 and our first official outdoor grow season I was not sure what to expect. 

I've learnt 2 things

HSO autos perform very well in the UK climate outdoors 

And when these genetics are put into the hands of competent grower we really see what they can do.

Thank you for the great diary brother. Enjoy your harvest and I'll catch you next season.

Kind regards 

Mark.

Eh up Mark, thanks for the kind words, not sure if I'm a competent grower, had some disasters as well as rewards, live and learn eh? :smartass:

The two strains of HSO autos I ran are suited to my climate - Lat 50.5º, temperate rain forest zone, maybe similar to Humboldt county on a rainy day? 

Future seasons will defo be running these auto strains again, and add some early female photoperiods, or fast versions... :lucky:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/09/2018 at 0:06 PM, Mcgarret said:

Eh up Mark, thanks for the kind words, not sure if I'm a competent grower, had some disasters as well as rewards, live and learn eh? :smartass:

The two strains of HSO autos I ran are suited to my climate - Lat 50.5º, temperate rain forest zone, maybe similar to Humboldt county on a rainy day? 

Future seasons will defo be running these auto strains again, and add some early female photoperiods, or fast versions... :lucky:

:yinyang:

Thanks for the extra info buddy :yep:

This will definitely help other members/grower know what to expect from a similar Lat  :bong:

If this was a grow with nothing going wrong then I would be suspicious. Outdoor growing is not easy, So many potential pitfalls. You've done great :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1