Dr. Greenthumb's Dedoverde Haze Auto, Blue Dream Auto - 2018 Outdoors Diary

2018 HSO Outdoors Diary Competition

x1 HSO Blue Dream Auto - sprouting :yep:
x2 HSO Dr. Greenthumb's Dedoverde Haze Auto

large.5ada5538213ad_HSOx3.jpg

@HSO-Mark, many thanks to you, another day another diary.

Germinating indoors, 125w cfl for about a week, harden off in greenhouse then final 10" pots and onto the patio.
Lat 50.5º. Weekly updates.

eta: got another 3 seeds in the Dinafem Outdoors Diary Comp, no preference or allegiance, honest!

:oldtoker:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Mcgarret said:

2018 HSO Outdoors Diary Competition

x1 HSO Blue Dream Auto - sprouting :yep:
x2 HSO Dr. Greenthumb's Dedoverde Haze Auto

large.5ada5538213ad_HSOx3.jpg

@HSO-Mark, many thanks to you, another day another diary.

Germinating indoors, 125w cfl for about a week, harden off in greenhouse then final 10" pots and onto the patio.
Lat 50.5º. Weekly updates.

eta: got another 3 seeds in the Dinafem Outdoors Diary Comp, no preference or allegiance, honest!

Good luck man what soil you using?

• Like 4

On 4/21/2018 at 1:41 AM, Whambud said:

Good luck man what soil you using?

Thanks Whambud. :yep:

Jack's Magic Compost. Tablespoon of Perlite and Vermiculite. Pot-up into 10" pots with PM Granules.

• Like 1

A solid plan and fantastic to see germination has already started :yep:

Thank you for getting your 2018 HSO outdoor adventure up and running mate :bong:

Best of luck for this outdoor grow season mate and I'll check back in on the next update  :bong:

This is going to be a fun one to watch  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark.. 

• Like 2

large.5ae6fbea6d1cb_HSOWK1.jpg

x1 HSO Blue Dream, first to sprout, day 10.

x2 HSO Dr Greenthumb’s Dedoverde Haze Auto, 8 and 4 days old.

1 failed to germinate, hence the diff in sizes and ages.

Just watering sparingly. Been under 125w CFL, 24hrs, will drop to 20hrs and up the bulb to 220w dual CFL for few more days.

Then into the GH to harden off, pot up those that are ahead - Jobs for the weekend Monty!

Will start feed at half strength (Formulex).

My weather (Lat 50.5º) was warm then back to cold, will be warming up mid this week.

Must get the GH ready, (cleaned). Should be about 16hrs day light by start of next week - bless the Lord and good growing everyone. :lucky:

• Like 6

3 happy looking babies ready to harden off in prep for the great outdoors :bong:

Looking good my friend and as always thank you for the diary update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

They're doing really well mate. They grow twice as fast under 24h it seems. I realised that 1 1/2 months ago when I put all my regs under LED at 13 hours to match the daylight hours of 2-3 weeks ago for an easy transition into the wild. I also had a Killer Kush clone that I wanted to reverse, but after 3 weeks of cutting the lights down to 13 h, there was no sign of flowering (last year that same KK started flowering mid August which had 14,5 hours daylight so thought 13 would be enough to trigger) :unsure:.

So switched down to 12h, thinking the regs will be ok for 3 days and actually show their sex, then go outside at 14h straight back to veg mode... 

Cutting a long story short, my timer was busted :shock: and the plants had bean receiving 24h of LED light! My plans totally failed in regards to a smooth transition and still waiting on some potential flowering now that their out, but my, did they grow fast, I was impressed, and then less impressed as my plans went to pot. At least you won't have that problem with autos. 

:yep:

• Like 2

large.5af1fad85e75f_HSOWK2.jpg

x1 HSO Blue Dream Auto, day 17.

x2 HSO Dr Greenthumb’s Dedoverde Haze Auto, 15 and 11 days old.

Feed: 1.5ml/L PM Soil Grow, 1.25ml PM Root Stimulant, 0.5ml PM Catalyst, 0.25ml PM Bio-Silicone, pinch of Epsom Salts.

Summary: Over the weekend, potted up to final 10” (7L) pots, had lovely weather but cooler now,

so still in the GH for few more days, then onto the patio...

• Like 5

large.5afaa2c914ca3_HSOx3AutosWeek3.jpg

x2 HSO Dr Greenthumb’s Dedoverde Haze Auto, 18 and 24 days old.

x1 HSO Blue Dream Auto, day 24.

Feed: No feed for a week, soil still wet for the Autos.

Summary: Third week, out in the sun for some fun! Weather has been good, but still cold at night so back in the GH at night time.

Night temps outside have been as low as 5ºC and double that inside the GH.

:yep:

• Like 4

Nice to see youve potted up to final pots my friend and the youngsters are looking in super condition  :yep:

As you know autos thrive when they are in finish pots as fast as possible. You've done this and now the focus will go into root development then switch to rapid growth over the next 10-21 days  :yep:

Thanks for the update my friend  :yep:

I'll drop back in on the next  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

WEEK 4

The Great Outdoors, great chillin’ with my girls…

large.5b05084f97d48_x3HSOWK4.jpg

x2 HSO Dr Greenthumb’s Dedoverde Haze Auto, 25 and 31 days old.

x1 HSO Blue Dream Auto, day 31.

Feed: soil still damp for the Autos, due a drink very soon, meantime I'll tease them with some wine.

Summary: Weather’s been great and set fair for next week. Night time temps are in double figures.

Fourth week, out on the patio during day time. Sun and breeze, evenings spent in GH.
Not wrong there @HSO-Markwith the growth rush. I Like the way the Blue Dream canopy melds into the background trees, imagine one that big! :thisbig:

Got a resident spider on the Blue Dream, seen this species few years ago, she’ll eat insects and swell up with eggs by end of summer.

large.5b0508526d5ae_HSOSPIDER.jpg

• Like 8

4 weeks in and all 3 plants are showing some very nice growth :)

Soaking up the sun and a resident spider that should help keep unwanted pests at bay :yep:

Can I ask with the dedovered haze auto!

You have 2 roughly a week apart. Has the older one started to show any signs of flowering? If not can you let me know when it does my friend  ;)

Thanks for the outdoor update. Progressing well and I'll drop back in on the next update to check progress out  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark