Lets get mango'd

I never done them from Humboldt , but I do remember doing mango about ten years ago , brilliant strain really vigorous 

• Like 1

They will go in this plot along with 3 dinafem critical + 2.0 and 3 DP auto Mazar 

large.image.jpg

Few weeks back I added a load of Bone Meal, FFB, chicken shit and plant tonic. Covered the soil in mulch from the woods near by.

large.image.jpg

plots about 3m x 3m, it's a plot that was full of nettles so the soil is really fluffy and it had shit loads of worms there when I turned it over.

The nettles here grow to over 6 foot so should keep the rippers from finding it. Used it last year. But only dug holes so hopping for better results with this bed. It's over a foot deep as well.

Good luck to all :yep:

2 hours ago, zero said:

I never done them from Humboldt , but I do remember doing mango about ten years ago , brilliant strain really vigorous 

I believe you grew the KC Mango like many OD growers.  it used to be a reliable outdoor strain.  Bought a pack  few years ago and never had such miserable seeds in a single pack of regs even if dirt cheap.  Seeds were all sizes, shapes, some where not ever ripe and a broken one.  selected the best five and none of them germed. :(  I wonder if KC is still making seeds or just selling the batches made 10+ years ago.  The packaging hasn't changed as i asked at a local store for some KC 36

@Jack010 seems like you are doing a good job with the plot.  Not sure if HSO mango will be a sure finisher (assuming you live in the UK).  I would get some "safe" outdoor strains that are september finishers.  you will have room for 9-12 seedlings anyway.  Placing the "early" finishers in the front row ;) and the mango saphire in the back.

• Like 2

Fantastic looking plot my friend and nice to see germination has started  :bong:

As this is our first year on the UK420 platform this is our first official UK outdoor season. It's going to be very interesting to see how our strains fair in the UK climate and Mango sapphire should do very well :)

She can be a bit late in bloom but I've not seen thus strain grown outdoors in our climate so I'm hoping she finishes late September for you :yep:

Thank you for getting your 2018 outdoor adventure up and running and I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

@AustrianTokker

iv got other plots with proven finishers. KK Fv, GP Fv, red purps, Frisian Dew, cindy gnom 99.

Always worth trying new strains, it's the only way we find proven finishers.

The 3 autos are going at the front as that's where the loss of sun happens later in the season :yep:

@zug I was chuffed after I finished prepping it, thought I might have had to lug more soil there as the first few inches where a thick root mass from all the nettles, but there was a big mound in the middle which I thought was going to be full of rocks but it was all soil full of worms. It was enough to fill the plot level with the boader.

@Dinafem-Mark Hopefully it's a good strain. If it finishes with low mould I will grow it again next year :yep:

@zero my mate had some mango years back, was a nice smoke, kind of why I chose this. Hopefully I get a good harvest with it.

@soiled :rofl:. ,no sheep around this plot thank fook, rabbit mound right at the side so got more cages to go around the plants.

Used the plot last year, no rabbit poo around so think it might not be home to any tho :yep:

Lovely bed mate. They're gonna be happy girls in there. Hope they finish good and proper. Fingers crossed for some nice sun coming end September/October.

Best of luck :hippy:

• Like 1

@Boomslang

thanks mate, it was easier to turn it over than to dig holes , I dug holes there last year, I spent more time digging the holes out and filling them back in. 

Good luck with your grows mate :yep:

Beds make sense... As I increase the size of my holes every year I will eventually end up with a bed, which should be better I reckon.

• Like 1

Quick update.

Sadly 1 mango sapphire failed to germ, cracked, showed tap root and then died. Other two growing fine :yep:

large.image.jpeg

The one on the right shed its helmet today, left was two days ago.

still got two seeds in the pack so will germ another , or maybe both :D

Thanks for checking in :smokin:

These are the two mango sapphire's remaining, all going well

large.image.jpeg

i will be planting these out , not next Sunday but the Sunday after due to a trip away with work.